PDA

View Full Version : Monopoly: california gun roster edition

1911Operator
04-27-2010, 11:21 PM
So why do LOE's have to over price guns that are not on the roster? I mean, I know some people are whiling to pay extra $$$ for those off list guns, but.....thats just wrong. And these are the people we trust our lives to. I just think its VERY wrong for LEO to take advantage of us. I dunno, I might just be ranting. Anyways, I remember seeing a website that had previously owned LEO handguns, does anyone know were I can find that site?

leelaw
04-27-2010, 11:23 PM
If you bought a firearm and later decided to sell it, would you sell it at below market rate or not?

Sam
04-27-2010, 11:25 PM
You're confusing the on duty cop with the off duty cop and complain because it's not in your favor.

1911Operator
04-27-2010, 11:28 PM
If you bought a firearm and later decided to sell it, would you sell it at below market rate or not?

too many variables in that question. but I know I wouldn't sell it for almost twice the original price just because "normal people" (non LEO's) cant get it. Thats just my opinion. I CANT tell anyone how much to sell it for, I just think its wrong to monopolize firearms.

1911Operator
04-27-2010, 11:30 PM
You're confusing the on duty cop with the off duty cop and complain because it's not in your favor.
I dont care if its not in my favor, its just hypocritical to sell them to people, when they know if the shoes were flipped they wouldnt want to pay twice the value for a gun you want.

nn3453
04-27-2010, 11:36 PM
I dont care if its not in my favor, its just hypocritical to sell them to people, when they know if the shoes were flipped they wouldnt want to pay twice the value for a gun you want.

Capitalism. That is how this country works, son. Demand exceeds supply, prices go up. If you are really a soldier as you avatar indicates, that is the country you are sworn to defend ;)

Quiet
04-27-2010, 11:38 PM
Supply v demand economics.

goathead
04-27-2010, 11:41 PM
which gun would you like to get

leelaw
04-27-2010, 11:43 PM
too many variables in that question. but I know I wouldn't sell it for almost twice the original price just because "normal people" (non LEO's) cant get it. Thats just my opinion. I CANT tell anyone how much to sell it for, I just think its wrong to monopolize firearms.

My question had none of the variables you are upset about.

So, the question stands: If you bought a firearm and later decided to sell it, would you sell it at below market rate or would you not?

Sharpasacrayon
04-27-2010, 11:48 PM
You sound jealous.

chickenfried
04-27-2010, 11:48 PM
:rofl:I dont care if its not in my favor, its just hypocritical to sell them to people, when they know if the shoes were flipped they wouldnt want to pay twice the value for a gun you want.

1911Operator
04-27-2010, 11:51 PM
which gun would you like to get

id like a rugel lcp but i just remembered its impossible to get a ccw in san mateo county. I could of bought one when I got my SA 1911 light weight operator when I was active and in Georgia. but I think ill be fine without one. Im thinking of being a cop in a few years anyways, so i don't know why I even care if I have one or not. i just had a incident were I saved a lady's life one day that was attacked by 2 dogs with my gun. incase something like that ever comes up id like to be ready.

goathead
04-27-2010, 11:55 PM
id like a rugel lcp but i just remembered its impossible to get a ccw in san mateo county.

leo cost is around 280.00

1911Operator
04-27-2010, 11:56 PM
You sound jealous.

not really, I could care less, I just think its wrong and hypocritical. but whatever.

1911Operator
04-27-2010, 11:58 PM
leo cost is around 280.00

I know the price, ive just been seeing them for $500+ from LEO's kinda sucks. no big deal, im getting my para warthog on the 1st.

advocatusdiaboli
04-28-2010, 12:13 AM
It's called capitalism and the free market my friend. Government always (under the pressure of lobbyists) makes shields and loop holes that benefit a few privileged folks (under the guise of corporations usually) and enables them to have special privileges. Now in this case, I support it because it;s not for greed nor for corporations: LEOs work hard and lay their lives on the line. A loop hole in the law let's then buy off roster pistols, hold them for 30 days, and resell them to anyone legally allowed to purchase a pistol. You want an off-roster gun? You have two choices: 1) move out of CA or 2) pay the price. Get the Roster law changed through incorporation is the bigger and better fight. Let this one drop.

Colt-45
Do we all hate it? yes.

I too hate seeing a gun that I really want, a gun that in the free states costs $900-$950 and here in CA it's sold for double the amount! But hey what can we do? it's not like they're gonna listen to us. I just hope the roster dies and soon.

People try to make the most out of a "nitche" market, one that the gun roster has created in this state.

elSquid
If there are any LEOs out there with a LNIB Colt XSE Combat Elite, well, I'm willing to be taken advantage of.

:eek:

-- Michael

1911Operator
04-28-2010, 12:19 AM
Do we all hate it? yes.

I too hate seeing a gun that I really want, a gun that in the free states costs $900-$950 and here in CA it's sold for double the amount! But hey what can we do? it's not like they're gonna listen to us. I just hope the roster dies and soon.

People try to make the most out of a "nitche" market, one that the gun roster has created in this state.

YEAHHHH! KILL THE ROSTER!!!! hahahhaa

It would be awesome if someone would print a big copy of the roster and sell them in ranges for people to shoot at , lol

Colt-45
04-28-2010, 12:22 AM
Print one out and take it with you next time you go to the range. Might get your point across :D

1911Operator
04-28-2010, 12:25 AM
Print one out and take it with you next time you go to the range. Might get your point across :D

hahahahhaa:73:

DannyZRC
04-28-2010, 12:26 AM
it's a legally enforced monopoly, people yammering on about supply v demand are misapplying their free-market fundamentalism.

ke6guj
04-28-2010, 12:29 AM
Well, since the supply of LCPs are limited to those who get them from an LEO, move into the state with one, or have an out-of-state "immediate family member", and those that have PPTed one from one of those listed, there is a shortage of LCPs (and other off-roster pistols). So, those people can offer those firearms up at whatever price they want, and if they price it too high, nobody will buy one. If they price it too low, they will immediately sell. The idea is to figure out the highest price that the market will bear. If the market will bear $500 for a used LCP in CA, then that is what they should sell for. The fact that you might not be willing to spend $500 for one is not the seller's problem, unless he can't find anybody willing to spend that $500.

And remember that LEOs are not the sole source of LCPs, so if everybody else is listing them for $500 (and selling them to those who really want one), do you expect an LEO to sell it for $300?

1911Operator
04-28-2010, 12:52 AM
My question had none of the variables you are upset about.

So, the question stands: If you bought a firearm and later decided to sell it, would you sell it at below market rate or would you not?
no, I have a off roster gun. I bought it when I was in GA and its legal to have. I got it for $1,200. just because its not on the roster, im not going to treat it like its worth its weight in gold. im not going to sell it for $2k. ill be happy to get $1k for it. its a fair price, and I have been offered that twice before. but, im keeping this gun because its my first 1911.

ke6guj
04-28-2010, 1:02 AM
And that is your option. Just don't expect everyone else to sell that same firearm for less $$$ than they could get for it. If it is worth $1500-2000 (hypothetical market pricing) to the average buyer in CA, it doesn't matter what you paid for it.

If you had a Python that you got in a sweetheart deal (say $500), would you feel obligated to sell if for that same price you paid, or even less, when the market pricing for them is $1000+?

tzahoy
04-28-2010, 7:57 AM
i just had a incident were I saved a lady's life one day that was attacked by 2 dogs with my gun. incase something like that ever comes up id like to be ready.

Whoa! I don't think I'd be advertising that the dogs managed to get your firearm away from you and attack someone with it, especially on a public forum.

No LEO agency will touch you with a 10ft. pole if they read that...

mattmcg
04-28-2010, 8:11 AM
While the safe handgun list is a complete rouse and totally fails in its objective, given the legislative constraints we have, think of the LEO secondary market as a service and something that, given the demand, demands a requisite service fee. Without the additional service, you wouldn't even have a chance at purchasing something absent from "the list".

So your dissatisfaction is misdirected. Be happy you have this avenue at all but place your anger/frustration where it should be directed, at your state legislators and the DOJ enforcers. That identifies the true cause while you feel the effect.

Otherwise our capitalist market is working as is should. Limited supply with significant demand drives prices up. That is the market system we appreciate in America because it provides an efficient flow of goods and services to their most valuable purposes. In this case, there is a profit incentive to use the LEO (or other) track to get off-list guns into the state. Without that profit motive, you'd be SOL.

So given our constraint, the market is working as it should. Convince your brother/sister/cousin/mother/father/uncle/aunt/grandma/grandpa/friend/colleague/classmate/girlfriend/wife/goomah to vote for a 2A friendly state legislator next time.

Carry on.........

troysland
04-28-2010, 8:42 AM
Don't blame LEO's, they're not the only ones responsible for participating in Market Capitalism. I'm not a LEO, but Former USMC, with a bit of Know How, who follows "The Letter of the Law".

dfletcher
04-28-2010, 8:46 AM
Best example I can think of is this - I saw a Dan Wesson at a local gun store for sale to the general public and the price was $550.00, drove a few miles south and saw the same gun in the "LE Only" case for $225.00.

I do not fault the gun store owner or the cop selling his gun, the fault lies with the artificially inflated CA market, these gun prices are inflated because we live in a closed market. Travel out of state and you'll see real world prices, real world supply and demand. I travel a fair amount and it is so obvious it catches me off guard every time. Last week Big R in Medford was running a special on the stainless Taurus 1911 - $499.00. If that gun and that deal were allowed in CA we'd see posts like "it's such a good deal I bought two ...."

Most of my handguns are older Smiths, Colts. If I were going to sell any of them I certainly would charge what I thought was the CA market rate, maybe adjusted a bit for "sell fast" or "I'll wait".

Untamed1972
04-28-2010, 8:54 AM
Capitalism. That is how this country works, son. Demand exceeds supply, prices go up. If you are really a soldier as you avatar indicates, that is the country you are sworn to defend ;)

It's not quite capitalism though when one party has access, by legislative privilege, to something the rest do not, therefore allowing them to "corner the market" in a manner of speaking.

I do have a bit of an issue with someone being able to "personally profit" because of their public employment.....seems a bit of a conflict of interest to me somehow.

dfletcher
04-28-2010, 9:11 AM
Otherwise our capitalist market is working as is should. Limited supply with significant demand drives prices up. That is the market system we appreciate in America because it provides an efficient flow of goods and services to their most valuable purposes. In this case, there is a profit incentive to use the LEO (or other) track to get off-list guns into the state. Without that profit motive, you'd be SOL.

Carry on.........

And I think it is important to note the phrase "capitalist market" as opposed to free market. That we may not live in a free market in CA with respect to guns does not preclude capitalism, as you noted. Although most folks say they like capitalism, sometimes I think that's only when they're selling something of great value rather than buying something of great value. A thing is worth what one fellow is willing to sell for and another fellow is willing to buy.

While a closed market in CA may feed individual capitalism I think on a larger scale it hurts our gun market. Manufacturers can't get in many of their products, a fellow who wants to by a less expensive used gun may not be allowed and will go without. So I suppose it may be great for me if I want to sell my Smith 25, not so good for the market in general.

Where's the federal government and their "interstate commerce" crusade when we need them? :p

dfletcher
04-28-2010, 9:13 AM
It's not quite capitalism though when one party has access, by legislative privilege, to something the rest do not, therefore allowing them to "corner the market" in a manner of speaking.

I do have a bit of an issue with someone being able to "personally profit" because of their public employment.....seems a bit of a conflict of interest to me somehow.

It is capitalism - it may not be free market, but it is capitalism.

1911Operator
04-28-2010, 9:16 AM
Whoa! I don't think I'd be advertising that the dogs managed to get your firearm away from you and attack someone with it, especially on a public forum.

No LEO agency will touch you with a 10ft. pole if they read that...
WTF are you talking about????? I was in georgia and in my car about to leave, the lady was my neighbor, just before i left 2 dogs ran up to her and started biting her in the arms, Isince I can have a consealed weapon in my car in georgia) I had my gun in the trunk, I popped it, got it and yelled at the dogs, they kept bitting her so I let 2 rounds off in the air and they took off.

Unit74
04-28-2010, 9:17 AM
So why do LOE's have to over price guns that are not on the roster? I mean, I know some people are whiling to pay extra $$$ for those off list guns, but.....thats just wrong. And these are the people we trust our lives to. I just think its VERY wrong for LEO to take advantage of us. I dunno, I might just be ranting. Anyways, I remember seeing a website that had previously owned LEO handguns, does anyone know were I can find that site?

That's right. It's a conspiracy. It's big government reachin in your pocket and sappin you for a premium price on a gun.

Riddle me this Batman... When I was at the Chevy dealer two weeks ago to look at the new Camaro SS I was told they were selling for about 4k over sticker and I had to order it if I wanted to lock up a car for myself.

Are these money grabbin dealers scamming me just like all those dirty cops selling off list guns? Nope. It's what the market demands and buyers are willing to pay.

Just like the ammo issues in the recent past. If you want it, you'll pay the premium price. But don't go whining about it because you can't afford it or refuse to accept the fact someone is making a buck on your desires to have something someone else doesn't.

So quit crying about not having an off list gun. Start your grass roots effort to end the list or join the party and come on in for the big win.

1911Operator
04-28-2010, 9:33 AM
got this from dictionary.com

Def: monopoly
A situation in which a single company or group owns all or nearly all of the market for a given type of product or service. By definition, monopoly is characterized by an absence of competition - which often results in high prices and inferior products.

Investopedia Commentary:
Monopoly is the extreme case in capitalism. Most believe that, with few exceptions, the system just doesn't work when there is only one provider of a good or service because there is no incentive to improve it to meet the demands of consumers. Governments attempt to prevent monopolies from arising through the use of antitrust laws.

hmmmmm, sounds like monopoly to me.:whistling:

1911Operator
04-28-2010, 9:39 AM
That's right. It's a conspiracy. It's big government reachin in your pocket and sappin you for a premium price on a gun.

Riddle me this Batman... When I was at the Chevy dealer two weeks ago to look at the new Camaro SS I was told they were selling for about 4k over sticker and I had to order it if I wanted to lock up a car for myself.

Are these money grabbin dealers scamming me just like all those dirty cops selling off list guns? Nope. It's what the market demands and buyers are willing to pay.

Just like the ammo issues in the recent past. If you want it, you'll pay the premium price. But don't go whining about it because you can't afford it or refuse to accept the fact someone is making a buck on your desires to have something someone else doesn't.

So quit crying about not having an off list gun. Start your grass roots effort to end the list or join the party and come on in for the big win.
first off I have a offlist gun, second off I dont care about buying another one. what part of "its just wrong" do you not understand? one more time, just to spark it in your head, I DONT CARE TO HAVE ONE!!!! ITS THE PRINCIPAL.... it sucks that people have pull more money for these guns just because they are from LEO's. and LEO's abuse the right and take advantage of it. nevermind, guess ppl dont get what im trying to say since all they reply is "its capitalism". and its not, its MONOPOLY!

ZombieTactics
04-28-2010, 10:06 AM
There's no "monopoly" here, as you have a variety of possible sources for what you want.

What's at work here is supply/demand. The civilian market has a shortage of available product, and high demand relative to availability. If you had a LOT available on the civilian market, and few buyers ... the situation would be reversed.

The "cost" to the seller (LE or otherwise) is what he pays . In the case of something like a Ruger LCP, let's say $300 "cost" just for a round number. A standard "keystone" markup on retail products puts that at $600 "retail", a "B mark" would be $500, a "C mark" would be $420. There are also all sorts of consumer products where "triple key" is the standard retail markup ... that would be $900 in this case.

We're used to getting discounts-off-of-retail on all sorts of products, but you aren't dealing with a product where competition is high enough to give anyone an incentive to discount much. As an example, I can virtually guarantee you that the cost of manufacturing an iPAD is less than half of the retail price ... and Apple doesn't do discounts.

What's really happening here is not any immoral behavior on the part of the seller, but rather just understandable frustration that you cannot get a product at the price you want. Whats IMMORAL is the government screwing up what should be a free market, and distorting prices in this manner as a result.

If you are frustrated with this, understand that this is EXACTLY what government does whenever it "regulates" any product or industry. You pay MUCH more for food, gas, clothing ... you name it, what doesn't the govt. have under its thumb? ... than you should have to, but we haven't had a free-market economy in a long time.

It's WRONG as it can be ... but people will keep electing statists, and so it goes.

ZombieTactics
04-28-2010, 10:50 AM
... i just had a incident were I saved a lady's life one day that was attacked by 2 dogs with my gun. ...

The dogs can operate firearms ... working together I guess?

biglou
04-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Are these money grabbin dealers scamming me just like all those dirty cops selling off list guns?

I thought dirty cops were like the ones on The Shield.

1911Operator
04-28-2010, 11:36 AM
The dogs can operate firearms ... working together I guess?
lol, no i used my gun to save her, shot 2 rounds off in the air and dogs ran off. the dogs did not use my gun hahahahhaha, think I miss worded my statement.

Oldnoob
04-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Go be a cop. Problem solved.

paul0660
04-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Another of these threads.

Unit74
04-28-2010, 11:53 AM
I thought dirty cops were like the ones on The Shield.

That is my gripe about him. He is labeling cops as immoral, shady, dirty and money hungry because they sell a premium desire gun for true market value.

His beef should be with those who buy the guns at the premium price. They are the one dictating selling prices. If they did not all jump in and create the frenzy when an off list gun pops up for bookoo bucks, there would be no whining. It would sell for whatever a buyer feels comfortable paying for it.

And right now, buyers are willing to pay 20-40% over "retail" for an off list gun. That won't change till the list dissolves. The OP is just looking for a shoulder to cry on because he wants something but does not want to pay market price for it.

My suggestion to him is get an LEO job, move out of state or have it gifted from family out of state. But since this is the second post he has made with the same exact gripe, he is no more than a troll looking for others to hop on his whiny band wagon.

A bunch of:nopity: and a second helping of :beatdeadhorse5: for us from him.

bluestaterebel
04-28-2010, 11:53 AM
not really, I could care less, I just think its wrong and hypocritical. but whatever.

Become a LEO and buy all the off roster guns you want and then sell them at cost... and by the way, the saying is, I could NOT care less..

1911Operator
04-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Go be a cop. Problem solved.

yeah I already said that, but I'm not gonna be a cop just to have the "only I can buy this gun because I'm a cop and your not" special abilities, it would be a perk to the position, I would be a cop because I am a good person and like to take the responsibility of helping others.

Unit74
04-28-2010, 12:02 PM
yeah I already said that, but I'm not gonna be a cop just to have the "only I can buy this gun because I'm a cop and your not" special abilities, it would be a perk to the position, I would be a cop because I am a good person and like to take the responsibility of helping others.

Go join the Peace Corps then...

ZombieTactics
04-28-2010, 12:19 PM
lol, no i used my gun to save her, shot 2 rounds off in the air and dogs ran off. the dogs did not use my gun hahahahhaha, think I miss worded my statement.
I think we all knew what you meant ... but what you wrote was something else ... just a little innocent fun at your expense.

You seem a bit young (which is not a crime) ... how old are you exactly?

ojisan
04-28-2010, 12:20 PM
You shouldn't blame regular LE for the CA gun laws.
Specifically, those LE who are willing to sell off rosters to civilians.
You may see it as a perk and a problem, I see it as these LE are willing to help us regular folks get something denied to us by other legal channels.

I'm just glad some LEs will sell off-roster to us lowly civilians.
Otherwise, there is no way for Joe Average to get these guns.
I understand that every dollar counts, but in the big picture, guns are pretty cheap.

~ $300 LE cost for an LCP.
LE has to go get it, buy it and then store it for a while, maybe even go shoot it some so it is truly a "used" gun.
Then an ad has to be run and followed-up on, and if sold, a visit to a gun dealer for a PPT has to occur.
Guesstimate 5-6 hours invested, assuming a quick sale and not counting storage time / record keeping and the cost of tied-up money.
For $100 profit per sale I personally would not bother.
For $200 profit it's worthwhile...but a couple nights out for family dinners and a tank of gas will eat up that profit real quick.
Nobody's going to retire early doing these sales.

Price is relative.
I'm going to guess that the CA-rostered Kahr .380, when available, will sell for $700-800 retail at first.
Suddenly a $500 LCP will look like a bargain.

Oldnoob
04-28-2010, 12:52 PM
Any source out break in the CA nazi gun law is welcome by my book. If you want to be right and just, buy them and sell them in the fair price. You will receive kudos points from me.

1 SIG fan
04-28-2010, 1:05 PM
i used my gun to save her, shot 2 rounds off in the air

You discharged a firearm into the air in a urban area :eek: Shoot the ground or the dogs. But now you have no idea who you may of shot by firing into the air

SixtyDashOne
04-28-2010, 1:13 PM
Become a LEO and buy all the off roster guns you want and then sell them at cost... and by the way, the saying is, I could NOT care less..

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1050/icouldcareless.jpg

:p

stix213
04-28-2010, 1:19 PM
Any item is worth what someone, anyone, will pay for it. If a LEO sells his off roster gun for twice what it sells for in Nevada, and someone ACTUALLY buys it... Then that is what the gun is actually worth here.

Don't cry about people selling their own stuff for what it is worth, no matter how unfair you think it is that he has something that you don't.

1911Operator
04-28-2010, 1:38 PM
Any item is worth what someone, anyone, will pay for it. If a LEO sells his off roster gun for twice what it sells for in Nevada, and someone ACTUALLY buys it... Then that is what the gun is actually worth here.

Don't cry about people selling their own stuff for what it is worth, no matter how unfair you think it is that he has something that you don't.

I don't remember crying about anything, I have a off roster gun already. It's the same constant replies I keep getting from people that say I'm "crying" grow up!

advocatusdiaboli
04-28-2010, 1:43 PM

You mean like incorporation (as in forming a corporation--they can deduct all kinds of things from taxes individuals cannot), utilities (setup as a monopoly), local cable monopolies, etc. etc. Our capitalistic system is full of special privileges granted to those with power, money, and influence. But that isn't what the roster is about at all.

The roster is a sham. It was not created for safety nor to setup a monopoly for exempt persons--that exemption and benefit were unintended consequences though anything that makes firearms more expensive fills the perpetrators (um... I mean legislators :43:) hearts with warmth. It was created by anti-gun legislators as part of their plan to make handgun ownership ever more onerous and difficult in California. Their latest is the handgun centerfire ammunition ban going into effect.

Absent incorporation, I expect new handguns and centerfire ammunition to be illegal to purchase in California in a decade or be so highly taxed most people simply won't be able to afford to purchase pistols and ammunition.

We get incorporation or I'll be moving out.

1911Operator
04-28-2010, 1:44 PM
You discharged a firearm into the air in a urban area :eek: Shoot the ground or the dogs. But now you have no idea who you may of shot by firing into the air

I bet you wouldn't be saying that if it was you mother, sister or grandmother, and what are the odds of it actually hitting someone else? I'm guessing ur one of those people who get a gun and dekc it out with chrome, grips, lasers, scopes, $300 butt stock, night vision, and all this stuff, but when it comes time to use it you don't know what to do! Hahahahahh

slowjonn
04-28-2010, 1:52 PM
So what would the top ten "off list" handguns be that people want?

1911Operator
04-28-2010, 1:57 PM
I think we all knew what you meant ... but what you wrote was something else ... just a little innocent fun at your expense.

You seem a bit young (which is not a crime) ... how old are you exactly?

I'm 25, yeah guess that's still young, % went into the army at 21, deployed at 22 and got to blow stuff up everyday for 6 months since % was in iraq. And I really like to argue, I know I'm not always right, but things like this make me think, woahhh, what has our country come to? And california? Things shouldn't be like this! It's so sad to see how great california was and now is! Really sucks! I wasn't even born in the US, I was born in argentina, and I still fought for this country! And people have the oddacity to say I'm crying over this thread! Lol, the things I've seen would traumatise most people. Sorry to tell people but I don't cry over little things like this.

1911Operator
04-28-2010, 1:59 PM

since I really hate traffic, I'd like a mini gun. Small 3 barrel, I wonder were I could find a bullet button for one? Hmmmmm

MrSlippyFist
04-28-2010, 2:02 PM
So why do LOE's have to over price guns that are not on the roster? I mean, I know some people are whiling to pay extra $$$ for those off list guns, but.....thats just wrong. And these are the people we trust our lives to. I just think its VERY wrong for LEO to take advantage of us. I dunno, I might just be ranting.

Yeah, I think you're just ranting.

Counter-rant: How is an LEO attempting to sell a weapon taking advantage of anyone? They are not required to sell you anything below market price. They can do whatever the F they want with that weapon, and by-and-large i'm sure most are responsible with this and have better things to do than wonder if they are giving you a good deal.

1 SIG fan
04-28-2010, 2:04 PM
I bet you wouldn't be saying that if it was you mother, sister or grandmother, and what are the odds of it actually hitting someone else? I'm guessing ur one of those people who get a gun and dekc it out with chrome, grips, lasers, scopes, $300 butt stock, night vision, and all this stuff, but when it comes time to use it you don't know what to do! Hahahahahh

Hey, your the 'operator' I'm just the loely civi who has enough sense and training to not discharge firearms into the air in urban areas..

bwiese
04-28-2010, 2:24 PM
Supply v demand economics.

Plus, the OP is making the assumption the LEO is pro-gun.

biglou
04-28-2010, 2:29 PM
^ agreed. Warning shots are something you see in the movies.

ZombieTactics
04-28-2010, 2:39 PM
... Technically, it's not capitalism at all, as one party is coerced into only dealing with govt-approved vendors of an otherwise legal product, and the rights of the seller to freely acquire/resell merchandise are severely restricted as well. It's just important to note that the immoral party in this arrangement is not the officer or the buyer, but rather the govt. which forces these coercive distortions of market pricing.

ZombieTactics
04-28-2010, 2:43 PM
I'm 25, yeah guess that's still young, % went into the army at 21, deployed at 22 and got to blow stuff up everyday for 6 months since % was in iraq. And I really like to argue, I know I'm not always right, but things like this make me think, woahhh, what has our country come to? And california? Things shouldn't be like this! It's so sad to see how great california was and now is! Really sucks! I wasn't even born in the US, I was born in argentina, and I still fought for this country! And people have the oddacity to say I'm crying over this thread! Lol, the things I've seen would traumatise most people. Sorry to tell people but I don't cry over little things like this.
Thanks for your service. You're a good guy, just a little confused about free market economics.

Mute
04-28-2010, 3:11 PM
I hate this as much as you, but if we want to blame anyone, we should blame the lawmakers and the fools who have more money than common sense.

1911Operator
04-28-2010, 3:12 PM
Hey, your the 'operator' I'm just the loely civi who has enough sense and training to not discharge firearms into the air in urban areas..

yeah ur right, ur just the civi, and I'm the one trained to iliminate the threat in the shortest time possible, so should I have shot into the ground? Hmmmm, possible richoshet or into the air? Lets see? Since half of the area were this happened is marsh, swamps, or forested area, what would be the right answer? Why don't you ask the lady who is still alive? I can give you her number if you want and you can ask her, do everyone a favor and stay playing call of duty on xbox!

1911Operator
04-28-2010, 3:14 PM
I hate this as much as you, but if we want to blame anyone, we should blame the lawmakers and the fools who have more money than common sense.

yup! Bet you all those guys were like us before they let money take them to the dark side! Lol

1911Operator
04-28-2010, 3:17 PM
Thanks for your service. You're a good guy, just a little confused about free market economics.

thanks, it's nice to be appreciated once a while! I checked out ur youtube channel, cool vids! Keep them coming! And if you ever need a socom II or SA 1911 operator light weight to make a vid with let me kno!

pepsi2451
04-28-2010, 4:08 PM
Its the law thats screwed up you can't blame the cops for getting as much as they can for their gun. There shouldn't be a list in the first place but since there is a list I don't think cops should be able to buy unlisted guns. Its a "safe" handgun list right? So anything not on the list must not be safe. Why does a cop need an unsafe gun? The law doesn't make sense and neither does the exemption for cops. On the other hand, at least the leo exemption helps more unlisted guns into the state and thats always a good thing.

Colt-45
04-28-2010, 4:10 PM

I can help you with the top 2:

2. XDM (9mm & 49sw)
1. HK 45

The HK45, when you find it it's priced really high, almost double. It costs 900-950 in the free states. Here in CA even the LEOs have to pay more than in the free states. I've heard of them paying $1200 for them NIB from dealers.

Ishoot
04-28-2010, 4:21 PM
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1050/icouldcareless.jpg

:p

Very nice. 2 thumbs up. :)

Saym14
04-28-2010, 4:31 PM
when you become an LEO I expect to see you back here selling us off roster guns at cost.

leelaw
04-28-2010, 4:53 PM
when you become an LEO I expect to see you back here selling us off roster guns at cost.

Lower than cost, since they'd be used at that point.

1911Operator
04-28-2010, 5:08 PM
Lower than cost, since they'd be used at that point.

I wouldn't sell my off roster gun that I have now for more then what I paid for, the gun is used so I would sell it for 200 less then I paid for it! Besides, i f I was a cop, it would be the people who pay for my salary in the first place, and it dsnt hurt to give back some times! I'm just not the blue falcon type, for those who don't know what a blue falcon is, it's ____

chickenfried
04-28-2010, 5:35 PM
LOL, how noble. Such a "fair" price on something you won't sell..

I wouldn't sell my off roster gun that I have now for more then what I paid for, the gun is used so I would sell it for 200 less then I paid for it!

Super Spy
04-28-2010, 6:00 PM
One more reason to move to a free state.....

1911Operator
04-28-2010, 6:21 PM
LOL, how noble. Such a "fair" price on something you won't sell..

yup, but if i ever needed the money its oviously gotta go. what do you want me to say? I mean.....im not selling it... because i dont need the money.

elSquid
04-28-2010, 7:29 PM
and the fools who have more money than common sense.

Why? If there is limited supply, guns below market rate sell instantly. If you want a particular gun, you are most likely SOL.

Guns at "market rate" give one the option of buying: you can decide if the additional cost is meaningful to you or not. Some people are unwilling to be "fools". For others, time is more important than the money.

That said, where can I get a %$%@&* Advantage Arms 22LR kit for a Glock 19? I'm willing to pay for it! :p

-- Michael