PDA

View Full Version : POF 308 lower build

gooseberry007
04-27-2010, 8:02 PM
I am building a 308 based on a POF lower. I have a DPMS upper LR-308 A3 purchased from Midway. Mating the two together and with the upper slid back as far as it will go, I have a gap between the upper and lower. It is about 3/32". I'm guessing this is a wrong style of upper for this lower.

Can someone confirm this please? Any suggestions on correct fitting uppers? Thanks in advance.

Paratus et Vigilans
04-27-2010, 8:28 PM
No, you just need the sleeves to put in the pivot pin hole and the take down pin hole of the upper to mate it properly to the DPMS upper. Go to the Cold War Shooters website and look under their 308 category and you'll see what I'm talking about. You'll still have a bit of a gap, but the fit will be tight enough to work fine. I know. I have a DPMS 24" SS upper on a POF lower. :)

eljBRD
04-27-2010, 8:31 PM
I think POF .308 lowers are not compatible with DPMS uppers.. I think that might be the problem. I believe it is an Armalite upper that you need. Can someone else confirm this?

Jpach
04-27-2010, 8:35 PM
Why didnt they make the POF lowers exactly like the DPMS ones? I mean, come on. Thats just not cool.

eljBRD, that is not correct. Lots of people use the POF lowers for their DPMS uppers, they just dont mate perfectly, but good enough.

The armalite back receiver cut is sharp and not rounded like the DPMS

pyro3k2
04-27-2010, 8:37 PM
I think POF .308 lowers are not compatible with DPMS uppers.. I think that might be the problem. I believe it is an Armalite upper that you need. Can someone else confirm this?

nope, POF IS compatible with DPMS uppers, you just need a sleave for the front pivit pin and that eye sore will go away.

gooseberry007
04-27-2010, 9:03 PM
Are these the sleeves that should be used?

http://www.coldwarshooters.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26&products_id=500

I'm not clear on how they would work. When I place the upper on the lower and visually line up the front and rear pin holes, the very rear is off by 3/32". The upper aluminum square around the pin hole is flush against the lower. There is no room for the upper to be moved back. What am I missing?

kblack583
04-27-2010, 9:32 PM
Honestly, I didnt even bother sleeving mine and it seems to shoot fine. I did get some 25 ACP brass which I been told can be used as a sleeve. Next time out I'll try it both ways nd see if there's a difference.