PDA

View Full Version : Brady Campaign Says "Vote for Jerry Brown!"

Mstrty
04-27-2010, 7:58 PM
love going down memory lane.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JujfH9Le52M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JujfH9Le52M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Ding126
04-27-2010, 8:04 PM
What's up with the guy shooting one handed...strange

Mstrty
04-27-2010, 8:09 PM
I always shoot my 50 one handed:D

Bhobbs
04-27-2010, 8:39 PM

I believe that is Barrett demonstrating the how easy it is to control his rifle but the anti's twist it to show how evil it is because he can shoot it one handed. Same with pistol grips allowing semi auto rifles to be spray fired from the hip.

Blackhawk556
04-27-2010, 9:38 PM

he's a wuzzy :p <- (spelling??)

I always shoot my 50 one handed:D

I carry one on each hand ;)

nrakid88
04-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Does anyone else's blood boil when they listen to these retards spewing bull****? my 9mm pistol will go through four car doors. oh god, penetrating sheet metal is so evil! I can't believe the sheople will such un-educated, poorly spoken leaders ( can we call someone a leader if they are pushing humanity back into the pit of dispair?)

Shotgun Man
04-27-2010, 10:10 PM
Does anyone else's blood boil when they listen to these retards spewing bull****? my 9mm pistol will go through four car doors. oh god, penetrating sheet metal is so evil!

I'm a gunnie, and I don't think a 9mm round will go through four car doors.

Mstrty
04-27-2010, 10:13 PM

I guess everyone missed the part where the representative of the brady campaign says we need to vote for JB. No one should be surprised at the gun fud.

Shotgun Man
04-27-2010, 10:18 PM
I guess everyone missed the part where the representative of the brady campaign says we need to vote for JB. No one should be surprised at the gun fud.

Yeah, that was the AG election against Poochian.

Bweise has ably described why Poochian was an idiot for raising the gun issue. What did he expect to gain? If Poochian wanted to get elected, he should have held his tongue. In CA, a blazing gunner is simply unelectable.

Mstrty
04-27-2010, 10:30 PM

Bweise has ably described why Poochian was an idiot for raising the gun issue.

Well as you have probably already noticed I dont follow a pied pipper. I can only hope a pro 2a Candidate shows promise soon or CA screws the pooch again!

nrakid88
04-27-2010, 10:30 PM
So why is everyone saying (or were its been a few weeks since I was in the 2A section) that jerry brown is the savior (at least compared to meg whitman)?

I do realize that he was part of the amiscus for Heller, but is there anything else to redeem him?

And I am sure my 9mm will go through 4 car doors, 147 fmj should do, anyone want to volunteer two cars? I will supply ammo and gun.

Mstrty
04-27-2010, 10:39 PM
So why is everyone saying (or were its been a few weeks since I was in the 2A section) that jerry brown is the savior (at least compared to meg whitman)?

I do realize that he was part of the amiscus for Heller, but is there anything else to redeem him?

There is Bwise, Wildhawker, Hoffmang The say Jerry is the man. Do you need anything else.?

Shotgun Man
04-27-2010, 10:46 PM

And I am sure my 9mm will go through 4 car doors, 147 fmj should do, anyone want to volunteer two cars? I will supply ammo and gun.

Four car doors? No way. At that point the bullet is going to tumbling and lack its best penetrating qualities. That is assuming you don't hit the window motor or other obstacles.

nemisis1400
04-27-2010, 11:01 PM
Well if somebody would bring us two cars to shoot at, we could go and find out. I'll help shoot it!

PORCH
04-27-2010, 11:13 PM

Bweise has ably described why Poochian was an idiot for raising the gun issue. What did he expect to gain? If Poochian wanted to get elected, he should have held his tongue. In CA, a blazing gunner is simply unelectable.

So why is it that everyone chastises Whitman for not coming out guns blazing? According to your theory and many others on here, maybe she's playing it smart and is keeping her mouth shut so she can get elected.

IrishPirate
04-27-2010, 11:15 PM
Sorry, I was too busy noticing that Jerry Brown has been endorsed by The Brady Campaign to care whether or not a 9mm will go through 4 car doors.....if i jingle my car keys will you guys start another topic too?? :rolleyes:

nick
04-27-2010, 11:37 PM

It likely won't. One or two car doors though... Check out The Box'o'Truth article on car door penetration for different rounds.

Colt-45
04-27-2010, 11:56 PM
Four car doors? No way. At that point the bullet is going to tumbling and lack its best penetrating qualities. That is assuming you don't hit the window motor or other obstacles.

4 doors of compact asian cars, yes. 4 doors of American 1970's cars hell no, will probably fail to penetrate the second door.

Sinixstar
04-28-2010, 12:19 AM
Two dull looking people droning on about something, with random spliced in clips of a dude on the .50

This video is way more entertaining on mute. :43:

Mstrty
04-28-2010, 12:25 AM
This thread is Jacked!!!:)

artherd
04-28-2010, 12:42 AM
That video just makes me want a .50 :)

artherd
04-28-2010, 12:44 AM

Yes.

77bawls
04-28-2010, 12:53 AM
Where was the cop's badge? :mad:

M. D. Van Norman
04-28-2010, 8:10 AM
So why is it that everyone chastises Whitman for not coming out guns blazing?

Her position on the right to arms is well understood through the anti-gun policies she implemented at eBay. It also doesn’t help that she is running on almost the exact same platform as Gov. Schwarzenegger.

AJAX22
04-28-2010, 9:05 AM
There is Bwise, Wildhawker, Hoffmang The say Jerry is the man. Do you need anything else.?

If Bwise, Wildhawker and hoffmang all told me that Felching one of Satans minions would restore gun rights, I'd be one felching fool.

If they agree on something gun related it tends to be the real deal.

N6ATF
04-28-2010, 9:16 AM
Now what does the Brady Campaign say? "Vote for Meg Whitman, she loves to ban guns! Jerry Brown supports the right to keep arms, screw him!"

?

ripcurlksm
04-28-2010, 11:38 AM

9mm will go through one side and out the other. 40 and 45 will ding the second door. All 3 examples shown here.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/images/buick/buickdoorh11.jpg

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/buickot3_2.htm

Glock22Fan
04-28-2010, 12:23 PM
And yet, earlier, they contradict this:

The odds of a pistol round penetrating through both doors of a vehicle are pretty small. http://www.theboxotruth.com/images/blank.gifhttp://www.theboxotruth.com/images/buick/buickdoorh3.jpg Because of all the factors previously mentioned PLUS the addition of the various pieces of the interior that can be hit, it is extremely unlikely that a pistol round will penetrate both doors.

Still, it can happen, as this .40 round came close to demonstrating.

PORCH
04-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Her position on the right to arms is well understood through the anti-gun policies she implemented at eBay. It also doesn’t help that she is running on almost the exact same platform as Gov. Schwarzenegger.

I think too much stock is being placed on what she did at E-Bay. She had to what she felt was best for her shareholders. Personally I am not sold on her yet and want to hear more concrete evidence from her mouth that she truly supports the 2nd like her campaign has been saying. However I think we as a Calguns community are not giving her a chance to prove herself.

M. D. Van Norman
04-28-2010, 12:56 PM
She had to [do] what she felt was best for her shareholders.…

Depriving them of legal profits, apparently.

N6ATF
04-28-2010, 1:40 PM

Indeed.

Glock22Fan
04-28-2010, 1:53 PM

+1

It is hard to see how these bans would increase traffic.

Is there any possibility that anyone would say "I'm not bidding for that antique lace tablecloth. The organizers of this website allow the sale of firearms!"

Not like Peets banning firearms 'cos other customers might get scared. You can hardly get scared because the internet also has gun owners on it.

Zhukov
04-28-2010, 3:01 PM
I think too much stock is being placed on what she did at E-Bay. She had to what she felt was best for her shareholders. Personally I am not sold on her yet and want to hear more concrete evidence from her mouth that she truly supports the 2nd like her campaign has been saying. However I think we as a Calguns community are not giving her a chance to prove herself.

*We* aren't giving her the chance? She's the one refusing and avoiding debates like the plague. That should be a big fat hint on how bad she is right there.

thedrickel
04-28-2010, 3:28 PM
Awesome, the cop at the end is David Kozicky. Ring a bell? He was one of the Oakland cops that OK'd the adhoc SWAT raid on Lovelle Mixon that cost 2 more OPD their lives. Also, a bunch of us witnessed his retirement ceremony at the Oakland City Council meeting where they first considered the ban on FFL's in Oakland a few months ago. The cops there were all applauding. I wanted to throw up.

PatriotnMore
04-28-2010, 3:38 PM
I am trying to understand how using the 2A as a crutch, or denying the people Constitutionally guaranteed products to be exchanged through that business helped profit the share holders?

If we are discussing finances, surely Ebay would have profited far more by allowing the sell and purchase of guns, over losing that income.

No, the statement she was sending was political, and I am surprised you would question that, and equate it as a positive income decision for the shareholders.

Aleksandr Mravinsky
04-28-2010, 5:10 PM
Wasn't the M82 designed for civilians?

Anywho, I found an old CBS article on the .50 ban.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/01/06/60minutes/main665257.shtml

I found this quote;
"Any rifle could be used to engage a target that it might stand a chance of hitting, of course," says Barrett. "You know, you don’t want to shoot any high-speed projectile at an airplane. It’s illegal."

"A terrorist is not concerned about what’s legal or not," says Bradley.

The anit's admit that what they are doing is not helping.

Also, aren't the Lahti 20mm's available to civilians? What about all those other 20mm's, those are more powerful than a lowly .50BMG, right?

colossians323
04-28-2010, 8:48 PM

Yes, its called think for yourself;)

Mstrty
04-28-2010, 9:00 PM

Yes, its called think for yourself;)

I guess you didnt feel the sarcasm in my post. No I dont usually follow the pied pipier.

zhyla
04-28-2010, 9:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW8UlY8eXCk

C.W.M.V.
04-28-2010, 9:13 PM
Really? Why vote for someone when our enemy (brady) endorses him because they like his policy? Man i just don't get it! I'm no fan of Whitman, but C'mon! Are we so scared of Arnies third term that we would rather have a governor endorsed by the brady campaign?

Shotgun Man
04-28-2010, 9:31 PM
Really? Why vote for someone when our enemy (brady) endorses him because they like his policy? Man i just don't get it! I'm no fan of Whitman, but C'mon! Are we so scared of Arnies third term that we would rather have a governor endorsed by the brady campaign?

Uh, he's not endorsed by the bradies. He was endorsed back in 2006 when he was running for AG against Pooch.

If he was currently endorsed by the bradies, you might have a point.

C.W.M.V.
04-28-2010, 9:35 PM
Uh, he's not endorsed by the bradies. He was endorsed back in 2006 when he was running for AG against Pooch.

You want someone who was EVER endorsed by them? Not me.
To each their own, but to me Moonbeam is still a joke.

Again not saying I like whitman much better, but dang...

What happened to this state that we had the greatest president of the latter 20th century (Reagan) as Gov and now we get to choose between these two A**hats?

Shotgun Man
04-28-2010, 9:38 PM
You want someone who was EVER endorsed by them? Not me.
To each their own, but to me Moonbeam is still a joke.

Again not saying I like whitman much better, but dang...

What happened to this state that we had the greatest president of the latter 20th century (Reagan) as Gov and now we get to choose between these two A**hats?

Just as an aside, as a retired president, Reagan campaigned for the federal AWB. So I don't consider him in my camp at all.

REH
04-28-2010, 9:42 PM
Does anyone else's blood boil when they listen to these retards spewing bull****? my 9mm pistol will go through four car doors. oh god, penetrating sheet metal is so evil! I can't believe the sheople will such un-educated, poorly spoken leaders ( can we call someone a leader if they are pushing humanity back into the pit of dispair?)

Not just any door, it's was a police door!!! Like a patrol car door is any differant than the standard sheet metal door.

tenpercentfirearms
04-28-2010, 10:22 PM
If Bwise, Wildhawker and hoffmang all told me that Felching one of Satans minions would restore gun rights, I'd be one felching fool.

If they agree on something gun related it tends to be the real deal.

Sorry, I draw the line at felching. You are one sick or dedicated bastard. Maybe both.

G17GUY
04-28-2010, 11:15 PM

http://www.snowflakesinhell.com/2010/03/17/jerry-brown-for-governor/

he wrote the brief himself

N6ATF
04-29-2010, 12:38 AM
So here's what it seems like we need to do:
Register as Republicans (if not already). Vote Poizner in the Republican primary to punish Whitman for banning guns and causing corporate harm to PayPal and eBay, and stop her from taking her business "skills" to the governor's mansion.

If he wins the primary, tell Poizner he has a choice: sign a pledge to veto every bill adding more victim disarmament laws, and sign every repeal (ha) if elected, and follow through 100%, or be recalled like Davis, the process begins with the first bad bill he signs, or good bill he fails to sign (ha).

If he doesn't want to take the lead, as a conservative Republican, in calling out these victim-disarming traitors for what they are, then we can vote for Brown.

thedrickel
04-29-2010, 1:07 AM
vote for Brown.

Got it. Vote for Brown.

Seriously folks, this is CA. The (D) is going to win unless Conan the Barbarian is running again. In which case I would STILL vote for JB.

vantec08
04-29-2010, 5:44 AM
This topic should start with BARF ALERT.

AJAX22
04-29-2010, 5:52 AM
Sorry, I draw the line at felching. You are one sick or dedicated bastard. Maybe both.

I opt for dedicated.... sick would be if I liked it...

tube_ee
04-29-2010, 5:19 PM

How do you know you don't like it?

--Shannon

Syntax Error
04-29-2010, 5:31 PM
What's this talk about Schwarzenegger's "third" term when there is a two term limit for the California Governorship?

N6ATF
04-29-2010, 7:09 PM
Schwarzenegger=Republican In Name Only, Victim Disarmer
Whitman=Republican In Name Only, Victim Disarmer

Mstrty
04-30-2010, 5:06 PM
This topic should start with BARF ALERT.

Vote for Jerry!!!! :barf :barf

Nardelli???:cheers2:

Poinzner :)

Meg :crap Puke

Harrison_Bergeron
04-30-2010, 7:22 PM
I've been away from CGN for a bit, but I thought someone got straight forward responses from both Poizner and Whitman about their stances on gun rights?

I thought that was half of the reason JB was our guy, the other half being the brief.

----

Article 1
http://articles.sfgate.com/2009-02-13/bay-area/17190174_1_sen-john-mccain-abortion-rights-budget-gap

Whitman said she supports abortion rights - including public funding for abortions - and believes tough gun laws like assault weapon bans and handgun control are appropriate for California.

From her own site
http://www.megwhitman.com/on_the_record.php

I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and our clear constitutional right to keep and bear arms. I believe current gun laws need to be enforced but we do not need any new restrictions on gun owners. Second Amendment rights must be rigorously protected.

She is only as pro-2A as will get her votes without hurting her with anti-gun voters.

SoCal50Lover
05-01-2010, 12:54 AM
I would love it if someone can explain to me how by preventing me from owning an AR-15 without a bullet button and no monsterman type grip legally will prevent a bad guy from obtaining a fully automatic AK-47 and armor piercing rounds or even slow then down from getting one? I will listen with objective ears if someone can explain this.

odysseus
05-01-2010, 1:16 AM

Mind you, it is interesting that this was something that occurred to you to write down. :p

FirstFlight
05-01-2010, 1:16 PM
Back to single hand shooting....I am old enough to remember when only women shot handguns with both hands. Men shot single handed. After all we won WWII shooting single handed, didn't we?!!!