View Full Version : Hi-Cap Mags

04-27-2010, 2:05 PM
So I bought my XD from an out of state dealer, and since they didn't have any 10rd mags I convinced them to ship them to a buddy of mine out of state. So when I go to Oregon and retrieve my mags, is there anything I can do besides sell them out of state?

04-27-2010, 2:09 PM
Bring them back as kits, just remove the floor plates and then you can make them into 10 rounders or use them out of state. That is if you do not want to sell them to a LEO or out of state.


04-27-2010, 2:11 PM
Yes, you can take them apart and bring them in to CA as "rebuild kits". Many CA shooter own "Standard Capacity" magazines before the ban and can buy them off you to repair their magazines.

You can also bring them in as rebuild kits and keep it. Whenever you go out of state, you can than use them in your gun.

04-27-2010, 2:38 PM
So how do I plug them to make them only accept 10rds?

HK Dave
04-27-2010, 3:35 PM
Yes but the "plug" has to permanent if you attempt to use them in CA.

04-27-2010, 3:48 PM
So how do I plug them to make them only accept 10rds?

Unless someone else has done this before with your exact magazine, you will have to figure this part out on your own.

04-27-2010, 5:17 PM
i think your buddy can also just ship these to you if he takes them apart first. where are you located? i might be intered in trading you for 10 round ones i will be going back to ohio here soon was i was going to sell mine anyways. thats if yours are for a 9mm. pm if interested

04-27-2010, 5:24 PM
Don't bother with the manually "plug" (which is permanently fix it to 10rd max). It usually only done when there is not 10rd mag available (ie: Springfield XDm). And often time, it's lesser reliable then factory 10rd mag.

Either bring it back to sell as kit or just leave it to your friend and save yourself the trouble.