PDA

View Full Version : Important: AZ Constitutional Carry Law Answers

JDoe
04-27-2010, 2:08 PM
I've noted that some people seem to think that you can conceal carry without a permit in AZ right now. You can't. Here are some answers.

Arizona constitutional carry law raises many questions from gun owners...here are some answers. (http://www.examiner.com/x-25100-Phoenix-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m4d19-Arizona-constitutional-carry-law-raises-many-questions-from-gun-ownershere-are-some-answers)

# When does the new law take effect? The law will take effect 91 days after the close of the current legislative session. Since there is no fixed date for the session to end, the effective date of legislation can vary. Generally the session ends around the end of June and most laws will take effect around the end of September.

# Can I carry start carrying concealed now? Until the legislation actually takes effect, you would still need a valid Arizona CCW permit in order to carry concealed.

What if I get caught carrying a concealed weapon before the bill become effective? Until the new law is in place, carrying a concealed firearm without a permit is a Class 1 Misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to 6 months in jail and up to a $2,500 fine.