PDA

View Full Version : AK Pistol

zeddy
04-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Didn't know which thread to post this, Rilfe or handguns. Technically, it a pistol. Finally got it and shot it yesterday. Amazing, absolutely love it. Here she is w/ a 1/30 mag...
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy318/mudfinder/SNC00263.jpg

hellraiser
04-27-2010, 3:51 PM
nice!

what distance you shoot it at? how accurate are they?

zeddy
04-27-2010, 4:54 PM
nice!

what distance you shoot it at? how accurate are they?

Accuracy wan't bad. I was able to hit 100 and 150 yrd steel targets with no problems, surprisingly. beyond that a little difficult. Awesome toy though.

Z ME FLY
04-27-2010, 7:17 PM
Accuracy wan't bad. I was able to hit 100 and 150 yrd steel targets with no problems, surprisingly. beyond that a little difficult. Awesome toy though.

I think the main problem is probably seeing the target past that. Maybe if you had some kind of optic that would help but it's an AK pistol! Not meant to shot that far out. It looks good, looks like an AMD build with wood. You got the solar tactical lock that I use on my two builds so far. I am glad you are liking it. If you do want to go with optics, you can get an ultimax that replaces the gas tube with a rail. Not sure if you would like that or not but you can get a red dot also.

CSACANNONEER
04-27-2010, 7:39 PM
I shoot my homebuilt (AMD65) pistol off a rest at Angeles and consistantly hit the 200 and 300 yard gongs with it. I was shocked when I realized how well it shot.

LazyBoy
04-28-2010, 12:21 AM
I'll be getting one soon, right after I finish my AR pistol

Capt. Speirs
04-28-2010, 8:09 AM
Didn't know which thread to post this, Rilfe or handguns. Technically, it a pistol. Finally got it and shot it yesterday. Amazing, absolutely love it. Here she is w/ a 1/30 mag...

Shouldn't that have been sold to you with a 0/30 mag?:eek:

SigEquinox
04-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Question: how do you shoot it? Obviously you can't shoulder it like a rifle. Both hands on the grip like a regular pistol? From the hip? (inaccurate I would think).

bigthaiboy
04-28-2010, 12:28 PM
Nice to see an AK pistol which isn't a Draco. Who built this AK pistol?

Z ME FLY
04-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Nice to see an AK pistol which isn't a Draco. Who built this AK pistol?

It's probably made by Century, they were doing a run of AMD pistols with wood.

Soldier415
04-28-2010, 12:34 PM
This.

We have several of the Century AK pistols on the way.

bigthaiboy
04-28-2010, 12:37 PM

Could very well be. This looks like it has a 12" barrel, same as the AMD-65.

timdps
04-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Question: how do you shoot it? Obviously you can't shoulder it like a rifle. Both hands on the grip like a regular pistol? From the hip? (inaccurate I would think).

One hand on the grip, one under the handguard. Been trying to tuck the right arm into my chest, but it puts the receiver pretty close to the face. Sling around the left arm also helps quite a bit.

Tried it from the hip (BLM land) and you just walk it on to the target. :D

tim

Grumpyoldretiredcop
04-28-2010, 5:41 PM
Try putting a sling mount on the rear (whether you drill the rear trunnion or get something like the sling plate sold elsewhere on this forum, doesn't matter), attaching a bungee sling, then adjusting it so that you can raise the pistol to firing position against the sling's tension. You'd be amazed how steady it is.

zeddy
04-29-2010, 7:49 AM

What TIMDPS said..

It is made by century arms, barrel is acutally 12.25 inches. I was acutally dissapointed about the length, I wanted something shorter. Looks more like a rifle w/out the stock. I got it from Precision Sport in OshKosh, WI. It didn't have the top wood hand guard. It had the regular AMD gas tube. Changed it as soon as I got it. Like the look better. It is a b!tchin gun. very fun to shoot...I'm looking for something shorter though....

bigthaiboy
04-30-2010, 2:26 AM
What TIMDPS said..

It is made by century arms, barrel is acutally 12.25 inches. I was acutally dissapointed about the length, I wanted something shorter. Looks more like a rifle w/out the stock. I got it from Precision Sport in OshKosh, WI. It didn't have the top wood hand guard. It had the regular AMD gas tube. Changed it as soon as I got it. Like the look better. It is a b!tchin gun. very fun to shoot...I'm looking for something shorter though....

I am currently work on an 8" pistol. The shorter you go, the more work is involved in building it. At a later point, you could get the barrel on your pistol reworked to 9". Send the barrel front end and bolt assembly to Restoreit1. He does good work: http://home.comcast.net/~restoreit1/Pistol_Conv.htm