View Full Version : New Member, New Pistol

04-27-2010, 9:45 AM
Hello all, I attended Bill Tidwall's first steps pistol course awhile ago and A few days ago I found I had some spare cash from selling my motorcycle. So i went shopping. The pistol is a Beretta PX4 Storm in 9mm. I was looking for in advice on cleaning or working with this gun, If theres anything to look out for in addition to everything else. I also picked up a Savage Arms 11 FXP3 .308 bolt action scoped rifle but I'll start another post in the rifle area. Im on day 2 of the 10 day wait, pickup day is the 5th. I'm thinking about heading to Metcalf to try them out. I've never been there before is there anything I should know before heading there the first time (I've been the the Livermore RAGC before) Thanks alot and I hope to meet you guys out there. I'm also interested in doing some range cleanups in the area to A) Learn some BLM areas to shoot and B) keep them clean so we can all keep shooting there.

04-27-2010, 9:13 PM
congratulations... and welcome to the forum.

04-27-2010, 10:13 PM
Welcome. Beretta sure makes pretty handguns.

04-27-2010, 10:24 PM
congrats on the buy. i just pick up my first pistol on saturday and it was the beretta px4 sotrm 40 s&w. i took it to the range after i got it and the gun feels and shoots awsome. as for cleaning i clean it like any other gun it is also very easy to field strip it.

04-27-2010, 10:25 PM
i love beretta

04-28-2010, 7:32 AM
just get yourself a little bottle of oil so you dont run the gun dry. i would not get anything other than ammo since these are your first guns. see how you like them and make sure the function properly first. i dont know if it is ok to dry fire this gun, but if it is might want to go threw the gun on how you hold it and trigger pull before going to range just to get a feel for it and not waste that much tiome doing it at the range. and welcome to the forum.

04-28-2010, 7:46 AM
Congratulations! Beretta's are indeed very lovely guns. Great choice :)

04-28-2010, 7:53 AM
Thanks alot, I cant wait to go pick in up in about 7 days now. I will be picking up some gun oil and dummy rounds for dryfireing as well. This is my schedual for that day:

Try to sleep
Try to sleep
Give up and read the manual on the guns for the 5 time.
Try to sleep
Wake up way to early and have to wait till 10:30 or so.
Pickup guns
Field strip and clean and oil them
Head to range
Spend all day at the range.
Come home happy.

04-28-2010, 1:22 PM
The PX4s like to be run with plenty of lube. Don't skimp on the part where the barrel comes into contact with the block(you'll see what I'm talking about once you get it.)

04-28-2010, 2:08 PM
Congrats and welcome...:punk: