PDA

View Full Version : Yugo underfolder legality

justinjames
04-26-2010, 9:51 PM
i saw a vendor at this last gun show that was selling a yugo underfolder AK, it had a mag lock, unpinned collapsing stock, and a bayonet with a 10 round mag. i asked him how it was legal and he said with the bayonet attached it was longer to met the OAL so the stock was able to open and close. is this legal??thanks

bigthaiboy
04-26-2010, 10:05 PM
Theoretically, yes. But a bayonet is very easily removed, it's an accessory and not part of the rifle, and I won't want to argue this fine point with LE or a DA. I would rather spend the $12 (cheaper than an AK bayonet) on a 4" barrel extension and not have to worry about it any more : http://www.cncwarrior.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=170

Also, if you are taking it to a public range, some RO may have a problem with the bayonet because of safety liability issues. I have seen people being screamed at for having the spike bayonets on their Mosin M44 extended while shooting.

justinjames
04-26-2010, 11:03 PM
do you have to perm attack that barrel part??

leelaw
04-26-2010, 11:47 PM
do you have to perm attack that barrel part??

No. Only a barrel attachment which is used to increase the barrel length to meet the 16" minimum needs to be permanently attached.

Jpach
04-26-2010, 11:50 PM
No, the muzzle device does not need to be permanent. Although seemingly sketchy, that bayonet does indeed do the trick for complying with the law. You could even tape a long and thick salami stick on to the end of the bbl and it would be compliant.

77bawls
04-27-2010, 1:07 AM
You could even tape a long and thick salami stick on to the end of the bbl and it would be compliant.

That would work until you got hungry. :D