PDA

View Full Version : quick question: is Gen4 Glock available in California?

Hornet_RN
04-26-2010, 7:57 PM
is it? if not, why isn't it here yet? will it ever be here?

i've been interested in buying my first glock, but i'm waiting for the Gen4.

UserM4
04-26-2010, 8:01 PM
me too!

ke6guj
04-26-2010, 8:02 PM
quick answer: NO.

longer answer, it isn't on the roster so it can't be transfered to non-exempt people in CA. It will probably never be here in CA since it does not have the required "safety" features to be able to be listed on the roster. So unless Glock comes out with a CA version of the Gen4, we won't get them until we get the Roster law tossed.

Garandman13
04-26-2010, 8:05 PM
it is not legal for a California dealer to sell it new because it is not on the CA approved list. Also as the law stands now it cannot be added to the list because it has neither a loaded chamber indicator or magazine disconnect safety that meets the states standards. the only way you would be able to get a hold of one is if a law enforcement officer purchased one and later sold it used. sorry

taguin
04-26-2010, 9:41 PM
it is not legal for a California dealer to sell it new because it is not on the CA approved list. Also as the law stands now it cannot be added to the list because it has neither a loaded chamber indicator or magazine disconnect safety that meets the states standards. the only way you would be able to get a hold of one is if a law enforcement officer purchased one and later sold it used. sorry

I second that!