PDA

View Full Version : Iowa is on board

vantec08
04-26-2010, 3:58 PM
The governor has signed on to CCW

http://www.wqad.com/news/sns-ap-ia--iowa-culver-guns,0,1810927.story

Havoc70
04-26-2010, 4:19 PM
One by one, the "may issue" states are coming around.

Window_Seat
04-26-2010, 5:02 PM
Congrat's to PPL of Iowa, they have it good now. I wish we could say the same here.

Erik; waiting.

Roadrunner
04-26-2010, 5:08 PM
Congrat's to PPL of Iowa, they have it good now. I wish we could say the same here.

Erik; waiting.

We're ruled by control freaks. We will be the last to get shall issue as the lesser of two evils and not because they support it.

Ding126
04-26-2010, 5:09 PM
Are we going to be the last and only state to not be shall issue? It feels that way....It's an example of how out of touch Ca is with the rest of America

yellowfin
04-26-2010, 5:14 PM
Are we going to be the last and only state to not be shall issue? It feels that way....It's an example of how out of touch Ca is with the rest of AmericaNew York might hold out longer. Whereas CA's government is accidentally evil out of stupidity, NY's is evil to the core and knows full well what they're doing.

Roadrunner
04-26-2010, 5:15 PM
Are we going to be the last and only state to not be shall issue? It feels that way....It's an example of how out of touch Ca is with the rest of America

I think we're tied for last with New York and maybe New Jersey. :mad:

Big Jake
04-26-2010, 5:23 PM
The governor has signed on to CCW

http://www.wqad.com/news/sns-ap-ia--iowa-culver-guns,0,1810927.story

And add to that universal recognition of all other ccw's and this is awsome!

Glock22Fan
04-26-2010, 5:31 PM
I think we're tied for last with New York and maybe New Jersey. :mad:

How about Hawaii, I believe they are pretty anti?

Big Jake
04-26-2010, 5:33 PM

Very anti!

Roadrunner
04-26-2010, 5:41 PM

Yeah, I forgot about them. Thanks for the correction.

The Director
04-26-2010, 5:44 PM
...And in other news, California legislators set a timetable for when they planned to introduce shall issue legislation.......when hell freezes over.

CCWFacts
04-26-2010, 5:48 PM
New York might hold out longer. Whereas CA's government is accidentally evil out of stupidity, NY's is evil to the core and knows full well what they're doing.

NY will, indeed hold out longer, for that reason. It is deeply ingrained that that "guns are for cops". That attitude exists here but not nearly to the same degree. NY also has an aristocracy, far beyond what we have here. They will fight the longest and hardest against the constitution.

Hawaii is also anti-gun-right but they will be fixed before NY. Their anti-gun-rights stance isn't as deep as it may seem; the RKBA is a (fairly) recent addition to their state constitution.

I firmly believe that we will have nation-wide reciprocity ("49 state reciprocity") within 18 months, and then it will make NY's and CA's state regs seem even more absurd than they are now.

loather
04-26-2010, 6:02 PM
...And in other news, California legislators set a timetable for when they planned to introduce shall issue legislation.......when hell freezes over.

I've got some news for you:

http://www.cybersalt.org/images/stories/cleanlaugh/signs/signhell.jpg

:)

Seriously though, I'm confident we'll have shall-issue before the end of the year. If not, it'll be in the early parts of 2011.

The Director
04-26-2010, 6:24 PM
^lolz - cool sign

Gray Peterson
04-26-2010, 6:32 PM
It'll take a federal judge and then an federal court of appeals panel of judges to win over these states. They view shall-issue in the same fashion as southern white legislators felt about court ordered striking down of separate but equal.

N6ATF
04-26-2010, 6:55 PM
New York might hold out longer. Whereas CA's government is accidentally evil out of stupidity, NY's is evil to the core and knows full well what they're doing.

Don't give CA's thespians short shrift. They know that acting like idiots will get them off for incredible acts of evil.

MP301
04-26-2010, 7:25 PM
I agree with CA's bull**** being put in check before NY and NJ. And, Hawaii is in the same District as we are..... It will be interesting to saty the least to see how this goes afer June....But I dont expect any of the Anti-states to lay down without a long and expensive fight....

REH
04-26-2010, 7:33 PM

Good point............

Apocalypsenerd
04-26-2010, 7:39 PM
If we get national reciprocity I am thinking of buying a sliver of land in Arizona, Idaho, or Montana, and offering tiny ownership contracts for people to have residence.

Too bad residence doesn't really work that way.

Havoc70
04-26-2010, 8:21 PM
Nationwide will be awesome. After I move to Louisiana, two permits will enable me to carry in all but maybe a half-dozen states, FL non-resident and Louisiana permit and I'm pretty much already covered nationwide.

But I'm sure California will find some sort of weasel way to hamstring reciprocity and write a 200 page section in the Penal Code where only a paragraph would probably be needed.