View Full Version : Handguns sales: CFD Letter needed?

02-28-2006, 5:33 PM
When doing a transfer from someone lets say... in S.F. to someone in LA and the gun is on the approved list what is needed to transfer the handgun?

Case 1: Been told the FFL need only exchange signed copies of the FFL via Fax or Mail.

Case 2: FFL needs to send a Copy of thier FFL as well as a copy of a thier Ca Firearms Dealer Letter.

An Alternative:
Seller only needs to get a signed copy via fax/mail of the FFL accepting the handgun. Seller then must ship via UPS/FedEx/DHL. Seller should also verify the FFL via EZ check ATF.

Ideas of what keeps me a law abiding citizen would be appreciated thanks!