PDA

View Full Version : Great new upper

X-NewYawker
04-26-2010, 10:14 AM
I just got a new upper in -- a great 16 inch barreled M-4 style upper from our own RifleGear --

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/Rifles/_MG_9714.jpg

RifleGear is having these uppers made to their specs and they are of the HIGHEST specs -- Chrome lined cold hammer forged barrels, HP and MPI tested barrels and bolts, extended M4 feed ramps, chrome lined barrels, 1-7 twist, and 4150 steel construction. The receiver is Type III hard coat anodized and the barrels are heavy phosphate coated. The major components of these uppers, the barrels and the bolt carrier groups are manufactured by Daniel Defense and are considered their "top-tier" components.

I cleaned and lubed the upper, then slapped it on a BB equipped LMT lower with a Vltor Emod and a Trijicon Accupoint 1-4X and then headed to the US side of the MExican border to see members of the Border Patrol Auxiliary --

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/Rifles/_MG_9707.jpg

They didn't get to fire the gun but were all impressed with the upper's high quality and Riflegear is taking orders at a real reasonable price. I will be getting it out to my range up here with a supply of 72 grain Winchester FBI ammo.
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/Rifles/_MG_9683.jpg

Go to RifleGear's website and check out the introductory price. I had one empty lower -- and now I don't.

a1fabweld
04-26-2010, 10:16 AM
Very cool! I'm glad to see Riflegear branching out.

djleisure
04-26-2010, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the report on those. I just read the stats on them and they look real good!

X-NewYawker
04-26-2010, 10:53 AM
Anything to support a calguns loyal company... I'm always looking for a new source of M-4 uppers...

Tom_Berringer
04-26-2010, 11:17 PM
Let us know how it shoots:63:. Looks nice though!

killshot44
04-26-2010, 11:32 PM
This belongs in Commercial Sales.....

and Agent Ditka has one strange firing position. He knows you look through the scope?

X-NewYawker
04-27-2010, 6:07 AM
This belongs in Commercial Sales.....

and Agent Ditka has one strange firing position. He knows you look through the scope?

I don't work for RifleGear. I just got this upper. How is this sales?
Ditka? He was posing -- his bolt is back, too.

WokMaster1
04-27-2010, 7:40 AM
Very nice. Is this going on your article?

Tell us more about the BP Auxiliary.

evidens83
04-27-2010, 8:32 AM
Their uppers have excellent specs. I was dead set on a BCM upper for my next build but the RG upper changed the game. So far I read their uppers hold up pretty well. Just want to read some more as well as carbine class stories before I finally make up my mind.

X-NewYawker
04-27-2010, 9:37 AM

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/IMG_0118.jpg

They NEED calgunners! Obama is going to open the floodgates:
Created as a “force multiplier” for the Federal Border Patrol, the BPAUX is an all-voluntary, self-funded patrol dedicated to doing their part to stop the seemingly endless flow of illegal immigration across the California-Mexico border.

BPAUX run patrols day and night, detaining illegal border crossers and holding them until the “real” Border Patrol can be come in and round them up. Auxiliary officers watch the twenty-mile stretch of Border fence using thermal and night vision optics that are, like their desert tan 5/11 uniforms, long guns and sidearms, personally paid for.

I went to their headquarters, “Camp Vigilance,” located on an active smuggling route sixty miles east of San Diego and two miles from the Mexican Border, and met the Auxiliary as they completed their monthly advanced forearms training course. (Held right along the "fence" with Mexico:)
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/_MG_9613.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/IMG_0218.jpg
Ranging in age from the their early twenties into the seventies, most BPAUX team members have prior or current military or police experience, and many have attended Training Courses such as ITTS, Thunder Ranch and Front Sight. Beyond the basics, members undergo extensive firearms training and familiarization with oustide professionals every month. Each has been through the FBI Modified Counter Sniper Course, Defensive Handgun, Shotgun and Carbine, Each is a SAR trained Professional Rescuer.
As volunteers, BPAUX can’t arrest border crossers or even physically detain them: “No we don’t hold them we just mark their location and call in the Border Patrol and INS,” Braun clarified. The group uses state of the art surveillance and communications equipment. Day and Night Vision binoculars. Thermal Vision. All paid for by the members themselves. In the field, every team member is linked back to the BPAUX Command Center in Camp Vigilance. Any contacts are immediately reported to the “legitimate” authorities.
For the last two years we’ve held an event called ‘Secure America Now’ here at camp. We’ve had between 250-300 people come in for that event. We cater it in, and you know political people come out here and give their speeches, and it’s just a real red-white-and blue event, very good. You can go to www.secure-america-now.com) “The first year, we brought in two 175-pound pigs, dug a pit, and barbecued them in the pit like they do in Hawaii, and that was really fun. People bring their wife and kids and they vacation while the members patrol. We have a patio area so that in the summer we can have a meet and great, we have a waterfall that’s real nice.”
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/_MG_9661.jpg
The biggest problem the Border Patrol Auxiliary really faces is the fading public interest in the Border story, created by misinformation and a lack of information in the media. They are trying to uphold the rule of law, but they have many elements of our progressive society working against them. They need your help. “Boots on the ground” help, and financial help. Leasing the use of the Camp Vigilance base for $2,000 a month that they must raise from contributions and the money they charge volunteers with RVs to stay at the eight acre camp, with three meals a day cooked in the camp’s headquarters, a restored stagecoach station from 1856. It’s all in donations from people that come to camp, pay to eat and camp.

ar15barrels
04-27-2010, 9:48 AM
Ranging in age from the their early twenties into the seventies

Where are the early 20's guys?

djleisure
04-27-2010, 9:52 AM
Where are the early 20's guys?
He was the only guy that could figure out the camera! :D

ar15barrels
04-27-2010, 10:15 AM
He was the only guy that could figure out the camera! :D

:rofl2:

ripcurlksm
04-27-2010, 10:26 AM
Nice write up NY, I know it pained you greatly to not bring along your M1A.

gun toting monkeyboy
04-27-2010, 1:47 PM

Yeah. I hit their website, but the application part doesn't seem to be working. It looks like it could be entertaining.

(edit) n/m. It is working now.

X-NewYawker
04-27-2010, 5:06 PM
I've been down there twice now, and I would love to stay a whole weekend and go on night patrol... And yes, I would bring my M1-A AND my LMT/Riflegear upper combo...

KING_PALM
04-27-2010, 5:15 PM
+1 for the RG upper. i love mine.

killshot44
04-27-2010, 8:48 PM
Appears to be a lot of old, white guys (of which I am one) like to play border patrol agent. Not that there's anything wrong with that...
Especially like the A Team guy in the front with his backwards cap.

BP hasn't done much to stop illegal immigration from Mexico. Though unpopular (mostly with people who don't live there), the new law passed in Arizona will do more to prevent it than a thousand more agents.

Noah3683
04-27-2010, 9:16 PM
:wheelchair:

jshoebot
04-27-2010, 11:18 PM
what's the website for the BP auxiliary? I'd love to get in on that.

Full Clip
04-27-2010, 11:44 PM

Nice to see Barbara Bush there is holding her own with the boys.

goathead
04-28-2010, 12:04 AM
nice upper, great looking crew

X-NewYawker
04-28-2010, 5:50 AM

That woman was once one of the top trackers in the US -- she's taught tracking to 300 police agencies -- and that day she used that Remington 700 to shoot circles around those ARs...

Brian350
05-25-2010, 3:56 PM
All these groups have inspired me... I think I'll start my own group. The FBI Reserves. We will all wear trench coats, have badges and carry pistols. We will investigate crime all around this great country of ours and prevent terrorism and gang activity ( along with drug use, drunk driving, illegal immigration, counterfeiting, staying up past your bed time and teenage pregnancy) through vigilance.

I need to fill vacant slots for the ranks of General Field Marshal, Captain Manager, Lance Sergeant Overseer, and Special Private Agent. Anyone interested? Mulder and Scully have already agreed to be Honorary Agents in Charge.

Of course the FBI Reserves will be a private non-profit charitable organization that has no connection or affiliation with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, or the United States government.... or reality... or common sense...

:)

telcolineman
05-25-2010, 4:07 PM

UserM4
05-25-2010, 4:15 PM
Man you guys are just mean. What's wrong with people volunteering to watch our borders? If they want to spend their time doing that, I'm all for it. :p

kdreger
06-16-2010, 11:32 AM
All these groups have inspired me... I think I'll start my own group. The FBI Reserves. We will all wear trench coats, have badges and carry pistols. We will investigate crime all around this great country of ours and prevent terrorism and gang activity ( along with drug use, drunk driving, illegal immigration, counterfeiting, staying up past your bed time and teenage pregnancy) through vigilance.

I need to fill vacant slots for the ranks of General Field Marshal, Captain Manager, Lance Sergeant Overseer, and Special Private Agent. Anyone interested? Mulder and Scully have already agreed to be Honorary Agents in Charge.

Of course the FBI Reserves will be a private non-profit charitable organization that has no connection or affiliation with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, or the United States government.... or reality... or common sense...

Brian, Brian, Brian it seems you keep following us all over the internet trying to put down supporting law enforcement by private citizens just as you have on the "Open Borders" Web sites who want all the Illegal Aliens into the country.

Well, Brian as we have told you over and over BPAUX is a project of a non-profit corporation, Homeland Security Policy Institute Group, Inc. www.hspig.org and BPAUX is one of its projects along with various other projects like creating a memorial monument to all military divers in Washington DC at the DC Navy yard.

BPAUX was formed to augment law enforcement as a force multiplier Brian, to assist in the Observation, reporting and recording of those people who enter into our country illegally. The members in BPAUX are usually older people with backgrounds in military, law enforcement and yes even retired BP agents, teachers and just regular concerned people.

We DO NOT TOLLERATE ANY FORM of racism behavior, PERIOD! We do not go out to "Shoot Mexicans" Period!

Yes, we carry Guns! Yes we do lots of training, mainly for safety, some to keep our skills high. We also do First Aid training and other forms of training.
If you would like to have more about BPAUX please see our site at www.bpaux.org

Ken Dreger
National Leadership

kdreger
06-16-2010, 11:37 AM
Yeah. I hit their website, but the application part doesn't seem to be working. It looks like it could be entertaining.

(edit) n/m. It is working now.

Yes we had some problems with the application form, it seems to be resolved now.

If you are trying to get to the FORUM, it is by MEMEBRSHIP ONLY, sorry if you are not a member we delete all non-member accounts.

Respectfully
Ken Dreger

mogspek
06-16-2010, 2:32 PM

Brian350,
I want to join your FBI Auxiliary. If you can gain the respect of the FBI like Border Patrol Auxiliary has from the USBP, it might be worth it. By the way, when you see Scully again, tell her she's hot.

John Browning
06-16-2010, 2:40 PM
Brian350,
I want to join your FBI Auxiliary. If you can gain the respect of the FBI like Border Patrol Auxiliary has from the USBP, it might be worth it. By the way, when you see Scully again, tell her she's hot.

I'm first in line for General Field Marshall, and for Scully. Stand down.

shark92651
06-16-2010, 3:16 PM
Wow, this thread has really gotten off topic - hey how about that awesome new upper that was the focus of the original post, huh?

Mods! Cleanup on aisle six - get the trolls out of here!

ar15barrels
06-16-2010, 3:39 PM
Wow, this thread has really gotten off topic - hey how about that awesome new upper that was the focus of the original post, huh?

Mods! Cleanup on aisle six - get the trolls out of here!

Now there's a man with an agenda who's not afraid to have it known!

shark92651
06-16-2010, 4:06 PM
Yes, I have no shame :D I'm all for a lively debate on immigration, volunteer border patrol, etc... but when you see three brand new 1 time posters debating border patrol, it's clear we got linked to from somewhere else and the trolls are on the loose.

Perhaps our newest members would like to discuss this article:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/06/16/closes-park-land-mexico-border-americans/

Americans asked to stay off American soil due to foreign invaders, and all the federal government can do is put up some warning signs. How about sending in our armed military to repel the foreign invaders!!!! What do you say Brian350 and mogspek - any comments?

(I guess any press is good press)

ar15barrels
06-16-2010, 4:08 PM
Yes, I have no shame :D I'm all for a lively debate on immigration, volunteer border patrol, etc... but when you see three brand new 1 time posters debating border patrol, it's clear we got linked to from somewhere else and the trolls are on the loose.

This is calguns.
The trolls have been on the loose here for a while.

The thing that will sell uppers is to advertise that they are perfect for zombies and SHTF scenarios.
Now THAT is playing to the audience!

Mesa Defense
06-16-2010, 4:10 PM

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: