PDA

View Full Version : Orange County Sheriff's Race: Final SAFE OC Event Before June 8th

OrangeCountyCCW
04-26-2010, 10:48 AM
The SAFE OC Political Action Committee is having its final fundraising event prior to the June 8th election for Sheriff of Orange County. The event will be on May 4th at 6:30 p.m. at OnTarget Range in Laguna Niguel, and will include a fun and challenging course of fire (gun rental, ammunition and targets included) and light refreshments. Candidate for Sheriff Bill Hunt will be there.

The cost is $35.00 per person and walk-ins are welcome. A flyer with more details is attached. All proceeds will go to support SAFE OC's independent efforts to defeat the current Appointed Sheriff and elect Bill Hunt on June 8th.

This June, we have a historic opportunity to elect a Sheriff in Orange County who has stated in writing his pledge to make the county effectively "shall issue": any law-abiding citizen who meets the age, residency, training and background check requirements will be issued a CCW with "personal protection" alone accepted as "good cause." We need your help to make this a reality. Please attend on May 4th and consider bringing a friend - particularly someone who might not otherwise be interested or engaged in this election!

Hope to see you there,
SAFE OC

thrillhouse700
04-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Ah crap if I didn't have to work nights I would be there. This is the closest range to my house. So is Hunt just blowing smoke up the gun communities *** or is he for real about shall issue?

SmokinMr2
04-26-2010, 12:08 PM
Oh he means it. It's doubtful he could do it. I'd imagine the state would shut him down. ;)

1BigPea
04-26-2010, 12:30 PM
Oh he means it. It's doubtful he could do it. I'd imagine the state would shut him down. ;)

So is the State shutting down other Sheriffs who issue for "personal protection"? No.

Yes he means it, I recommend anyone who hasn't yet gone and spoke with Bill to do so, ask him to his face if you are leery to what he's stated his CCW stance is. He's very easy to access, he's had multiple events recently and he's accessable to talk with at those events.

He's VERY 2nd Amendment friendly.

ZUMNDAD
05-01-2010, 7:48 PM
Ah crap if I didn't have to work nights I would be there. This is the closest range to my house. So is Hunt just blowing smoke up the gun communities *** or is he for real about shall issue?

If you go to his web site and click on the 'video' link, you can hear his stance on the Second Amendment for yourself.

Or go here: http://www.billhuntforsheriff2010.com/node/183

It will be the 4th video down.

capntroy
05-09-2010, 12:28 AM
My son & I had a great time at this event and enjoyed meeting Bill Hunt, he's the real deal.

Thanks SAFE OC!

CWM4A1
05-09-2010, 1:16 AM
Ah, the young man who shot one of the stage with 6.66 seconds. Bottom line, 45 rules.

I believe everyone enjoyed blasting those two NB computers to pieces too.

BadIndianSwamp
05-09-2010, 8:44 AM
I was reading my election booklet and Sarah Hutchens claims a very pro 2A stance in her bio...stating that all people now have equal rights and access to CCW under her watch and that she has abolished the special privileges of past political cronies.

What a crock!

capntroy
05-10-2010, 4:52 AM
I believe everyone enjoyed blasting those two NB computers to pieces too.

I think you're right;

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x87/capntroy223/th_30fbbcd8.jpg (http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x87/capntroy223/?action=view&current=30fbbcd8.flv)

It would have been funner shooting Macs though...:D

CWM4A1
05-10-2010, 12:00 PM
I am afraid if I do that, Steve Jobs will have local PD come to my place and confiscate my computers!