PDA

View Full Version : M1A Gunsmith/builder in NorCal?

dratner
04-26-2010, 9:06 AM
Are there any competent M1A builders or smiths that live around northern Cali. Sacramento is where I am located.

vf111
04-26-2010, 9:26 AM
PM sent

bender152
04-26-2010, 10:49 AM
I would be interested in this info as well.

CrazyJeep
04-26-2010, 12:18 PM
Ted Brown isn't located in Northern Cali but he's probably one of the best M14 armorers out there. What kind of work are you looking to get done?

dratner
04-26-2010, 12:39 PM
I have heard of Ted Brown. I was wanting a smith to bed a reciever with a rear lug....maybe. I would prefer to sit down and have a cup of coffee , and discuss ideas with a local builder instead of talking on the phone.

CrazyJeep
04-26-2010, 12:48 PM
I've had personal experience and work done by the following: Ted Brown, Jon Wolfe, and Tim Strait at Warbirds Custom Guns. I wouldn't hesitate to use any of them if I had to. Sometimes we have to give a little (coffee talk) to get a little.

vf111
04-26-2010, 2:17 PM
I have heard of Ted Brown. I was wanting a smith to bed a reciever with a rear lug....maybe. I would prefer to sit down and have a cup of coffee , and discuss ideas with a local builder instead of talking on the phone.

Oh, since you're looking for glass-bedding services unfortunately Randall doesn't do that. He will however refer you to Ted Brown who I believe is a friend of his. On the other hand if you need someone to build you a service grade rifle, Randall would be the guy if you want to sit down and have a cup of coffee with him!

For anyone interested, Randall is a member here:

Rgarand