View Full Version : open carry topic on news

04-25-2010, 11:08 PM
just watching a little news here (sunday 25th) and they had a segment on people walking around some city with guns strapped around their back etc. basically they were "performing" the 2nd ammendment if you will... they interviewed a man on the side of the street about how he felt and he claims if you cant walk around with a loaded gun then why have one at all? and the only thing you need on you is a wallet. im not going to have my magnum or pistol latched to my hip everywhere i go but for certain occasions i definately will and gladly will do it. just like the saying," you would rather have a condom and not need it than to need one and not have it" lol. i saw this and instantly thought of you fellow calgunners and wanted to ask how yall feel about the "right to bear arms". just to have a friendly debate if there actually is any gun owner that doesnt like the right. and be nice if you have already had this talk before but i havent so have fun i want to hear thoughts :)

oh and i put this in the hangun forum due to the fact i spend majority of my time in here. feel free to move it obviously if itll do better in another

04-26-2010, 8:04 AM
Open Carry...hot topic. While I whole heartily argee with the sentiment, I have reservations about the execution of the statement. As I suspected when this open carry movement started the knotheads in Sac-o-tomatos would jerk their knee in response to a few wrist wringing, tree hugging anti-gun cry babies that feel treatened at the mere thought or mention of firearms and ammunition. Now "they"(the ones that know whats better for us than we do) are considering banning the open carry of unloaded guns. Personally I think it's more a First Amendment issue (freedom of expression/protest) than it is a Second Amendment issue (because an unloaded handgun is a rock/paperweight).
To those that participate in the Open Carry movement, my hat is off to you and good luck, it's just not my cup of tea.
It has brought firearms back out into the public forum, but I'm not sure that it has all been positive. One good thing that has come out of this IMO is that we now know who is on "our side". When HCI and it's ilk tried to get places like Starbucks (favorite open cary meeting place) to ban firearms in their establishments, Starbucks, for one, told them in so many words to pound sand. So, I for one, buy more Starbucks than 7-11 coffee now.
Arizona took a positive step by enacting Consitutional Carry (no permit required). If you can legally own a firearm, you can carry it. Way to go Gov. Brewer!

04-26-2010, 4:22 PM
nice i didnt know starbucks was so nice lol. i already buy a crzy amount of starbucks but now i can do it proudly knowing im helping a helping hand :). any other input? i figured more people would chime in

04-26-2010, 4:34 PM
You'll pardon me for saying this, but I and other OCers here in CA have been put the wringer in the 2A forum that I just feel compelled to say: