PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ordered from Del-ton.com?

jvpark
04-25-2010, 11:05 PM
Doing some research for my AR build later this summer and just wondering if anyone has ordered from Del-ton.com.
Did a search with no luck

http://www.del-ton.com/

Any comments on the quality or experience?

Noah3683
04-26-2010, 12:14 PM
quality is ok for the money. wait time is forever, but they will BS you that it's 1-2 weeks. probably 3-6 months is more accurate. Stag is a better option for little more money, but it also will have a rear sight which the del-ton won't. There isn't a whole lot of money difference when going from bargain basement to high quality in the ar world. Look at riflegear uppers and bcm as well as Daniel Defense, or lmt. All are great in the $500-$600 range and you will usually have one of them within a week

jvpark
04-26-2010, 1:02 PM
Thanks exactly what I was looking for.

gun toting monkeyboy
04-26-2010, 1:37 PM
Watch the good deals section on here. You will sometimes see good prices on uppers posted there. Also look at Midwayusa.com as they sometimes have decent prices on oddball uppers as well.

dfletcher
04-26-2010, 1:50 PM
I ordered a 14.5" + welded FH a few years ago, got it in about 10 days. Quality is fine, fit & finish is fine, the rifle functions perfectly and groups are of the 2" or less variety. No complaints, they delivered fine & what I expected.

Noobert
04-26-2010, 1:59 PM
I ordered a 14.5" + welded FH a few years ago, got it in about 10 days. Quality is fine, fit & finish is fine, the rifle functions perfectly and groups are of the 2" or less variety. No complaints, they delivered fine & what I expected.

:cool2:

Lagduf
04-26-2010, 4:37 PM
Wait time for me from Del-Ton was around 8 weeks. I ordered earlier this year. In retrospect I should have just bought somewhere else (and paid a bit more for way better quality), but getting everything I needed from one dealer (minus the lower) was nice. But it's so easy to put together an AR, especially if you get a complete upper. Plus my Del-Ton is just a plinker, so it's fine for what it is.

Fate
04-26-2010, 4:44 PM
Del-Ton :puke:

Crap product. Worse customer service. Pass!

E Pluribus Unum
04-26-2010, 4:47 PM

Ever dealt with them???

I have bought two complete rifle kits from them. it took some time to get (1 month) but both went off without a hitch. I have been greatly impressed and very happy with both rifles.

Fate
04-26-2010, 5:10 PM
Ever dealt with them???
Yes.

mean403
04-26-2010, 5:11 PM
i ordered a pre-ban 16 inch (m4 profile) A3 upper from them in January and it only took two weeks. The fit, finish, and quallity is great for only $400.:44:

jonni
04-26-2010, 5:18 PM
Yes.

soooo, what happened? Care to elaborate?

GM_77
04-26-2010, 5:52 PM
Tried to order from them but it was a week and didn't see any shipped e-mail. I called them up and asked if it was shipped or not and they told me no because it was out of stock (wow thanks for letting me know and no it wasn't stated on the website). I asked when it will be in stock but they didn't know. The tone of the guy I talked to pretty much sealed the deal so I ended up canceling my order and bought it from Bravo Co. Never going back but prices are decent.

wksun88
04-26-2010, 5:53 PM
ordered from them, took like 2 weeks to get the upper and I was satisfied

E Pluribus Unum
04-26-2010, 6:11 PM
Tried to order from them but it was a week and didn't see any shipped e-mail. I called them up and asked if it was shipped or not and they told me no because it was out of stock (wow thanks for letting me know and no it wasn't stated on the website). I asked when it will be in stock but they didn't know. The tone of the guy I talked to pretty much sealed the deal so I ended up canceling my order and bought it from Bravo Co. Never going back but prices are decent.

I had a similar experience. I ordered a DPMS barrel and they were out of stock. Rather than calling to tell me, they sat on it for a week. I had to call and follow up. it was a simple "Oh, you are sold out but you have a DTI barrel in stock? Ok, send me that" and I had my kit in a couple weeks. It was a minor inconvenience.

You will need to stay on top of it and follow up, but if you want to deal with a company that has the staff to stay more on top of things, they will charge more markup.

You get what you pay for. The quality of the Del-Ton part was superb for the price. I shoot 2 inch groups at 100 yards no problem from my M4; my brother has a Colt he paid $1400 and he shoots the same groups I do. I built mine for $700.00; I think I got the better value.

Redchevyman
04-26-2010, 6:18 PM
Del-ton has a great product but very slow shipping and poor customer service.
I sell their products because the rifle kits are great quality and work flawlessly.

I have the uppers in stock and can ship today. I sell the complete uppers for $395 and complete rifle kits for $485.

See my ad here on Calguns http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=294910

evidens83
04-26-2010, 6:21 PM

I love my DTI upper. Most of the people that say DTI is crap are the same people that have never had a DTI upper. The same people that worship The Chart. Just read it online. Cheap must equal crap right? :rolleyes:

E Pluribus Unum
04-26-2010, 6:30 PM
I love my DTI upper. Most of the people that say DTI is crap are the same people that have never had a DTI upper. The same people that worship The Chart. Just read it online. Cheap must equal crap right? :rolleyes:

Cheap does equal crap.... and talk is cheap. :)

Let them keep over-paying... it leaves more Del-tons for you and I. :)

destro360
04-26-2010, 6:41 PM
Del-ton has a great product but very slow shipping and poor customer service.
I sell their products because the rifle kits are great quality and work flawlessly.

I have the uppers in stock and can ship today. I sell the complete uppers for $395 and complete rifle kits for $485.

See my ad here on Calguns http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=294910

looking into a few kits in the next week or so. anyone purchased from this gentleman? hoping for some feed back. i'm only about an hour away so would be nice to do business there.

HUND
04-26-2010, 6:43 PM
I orderd a 16" M4 kit for my S&W lower ..

Took 6 weeks. Put it togeather looks great and works even better never had a issue.

The best deal out there ya ask me.
Leaves you with enough extra coin to add extras

Search ar15.com for more info

HkUSP45
04-26-2010, 6:59 PM
My uncle ordered almost a complete rifle from them minus the receiver. I'll update once he gets everything in.

darkknight
04-26-2010, 7:23 PM
DTI is great to work with. There customer service is one of the better ones Ive worked with and they use quality parts. there slightly cheaper than dpms but the quality is the same. I have yet to see any diffrence between a delton, stag, rra, or smith and wesson.

vega
04-26-2010, 9:23 PM
Off Topic.

Hey jvpark, lowers are on sale at RifleGear.
http://riflegear.com/p-688-jd-machine-ar15-stripped-lower-receiver-2-pack.aspx
Grab your 3 lowers now.

EWILKE
04-26-2010, 9:25 PM
I just got my order today. The lead time was 2 weeks I ordered a rifle kit and extra barrel. everything looks good parts kit complete and upper fully assembled can't wait to shoot them

Koolpsych
04-27-2010, 1:57 AM
I ordered my Del-ton back in January and it took them a week to complete and ship out my order. Once I got it the quality was good and I have had no problems since. Good for the money, but there are also some good deals to be found on nicer uppers such as BCM or DD.

gorblimey
04-27-2010, 2:50 AM
I got an assembled upper from them back in the days of post-election panic, thinking it would be easier to get the whole deal rather than wait in various vendors backorder queues.

It was a mistake. They took a ridiculously long time and did a poor job of assembly. The foregrip was blatantly crooked, and the barrel nut wasn't properly positioned, trapping the tube.

I reassembled it, correcting the issues. Haven't shot it much, but it looks like it's sub-moa with LC XM193 when my hands don't shake too badly. Needs more testing. I believe Wilson is the barrel OEM on this one, chromoly (no plating) 1:9 HBAR 20".

Just goes to reinforce the notion that most things you want done right, you gotta do yourself.

zeus45c
04-27-2010, 3:44 AM
Can anyone compare the Del Tons with these DSA uppers that are running for 275.00 without the BCG?

http://www.dsarms.com/DSA-ZM4-Forged-7075T6-A3-AR15-Upper-Receiver---DSZM4CBU/productinfo/DSZM4CBU/

vega
04-27-2010, 6:45 AM
looking into a few kits in the next week or so. anyone purchased from this gentleman? hoping for some feed back. i'm only about an hour away so would be nice to do business there.
Check his i-trader, that would say a lot. I want to know how fast he answers questions about his products.

car15
04-27-2010, 6:58 AM
Register here for additional discounts.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=100&t=148114

jaq
04-27-2010, 7:00 AM
Doing some research for my AR build later this summer and just wondering if anyone has ordered from Del-ton.com.
Did a search with no luck

http://www.del-ton.com/

Any comments on the quality or experience?

I have a Del-Ton lower. When I put a Model 1 upper on it it cracked in half the first time I fired it. :-|

NOT REALLY :43: But I'm sure that's what a lot of the poo-poo'ers would like to hear :rolleyes:

I bought it stripped from a wholesaler. It functions perfectly as does the Model 1 upper (1:7 Chrome-lined E.R. Shaw barrel).

javalos
04-27-2010, 7:30 AM

Crap product? I don't think so. I bought 3 DelTon's, (2 CARs, Middy) and all function flawlessly. Friend of mine bought a Middy, again...functioned flawlessly, zero'd quickly. Crap product? Care to elaborate?

Fate
04-27-2010, 8:30 AM
Crap product? I don't think so. I bought 3 DelTon's, (2 CARs, Middy) and all function flawlessly. Friend of mine bought a Middy, again...functioned flawlessly, zero'd quickly. Crap product? Care to elaborate?

What's the point? You don't want to hear it anyway. Glad you like yours.

Ballistic043
04-27-2010, 8:34 AM
i ordered a gas tube from them once. it said the item was in stock on their website for a decent price. so i ordered it with 2nd day shipping (paid extra)

...problem is the gas tube came about 5 months later.

if i want something fast, ill order from TPF, RG, or RA.

vega
04-27-2010, 8:52 AM
There are haters but there are people who love their DT. If they say it's crap then that's their opinion. What I hate to see is someone saying DT don't carry chrome lined barrels but when asked how they know that they won't elaborate, when it is clearly an option in DT's website that you can have chrome lined barrels.

I ordered twice from them, first is a mid-length rifle kit which I got within two weeks but that was pre-Obama days. I had issue with the forward assist pawl and I asked them to send me one and so I can replace it myself. They want the kit back so I send it back on their dime and I got the kit back within 2 weeks I guess. No issues with the rifle, no FTF, no FTE and all my magazines worked flawlessly with the upper. Someone offered to buy it from me for twice the price during the Obama scarce so I let it go. I told the buyer he can build one himself for half his offer but he cannot wait 5-6 months.

My second order was a 20" rifle kit placed on Nov 08 and I got it on Mar 09. I was not able to test the upper as I changed my mind on the built and went with dedicated 22LR instead but that's another story.

ETA - Would I order from them again? Sure I will.

twinjetguy
04-27-2010, 8:56 AM
I ordered up my 20 inch A2 Rifle Kit from Del Ton and am very pleased with it. Sure, there is a wait time, big deal. They even warn you that there will be a wait time. I even called before I placed the order and took it upon myself to ask them if anything will be back ordered. They checked and told me no. They were right, about 3-4 weeks later, my order showed up.

I paid $462 for a A2 chrome lined upper w/handle, charging handle w/badger tactical latch, A2 butt stock assembly complete, the A2 grip, AND this price included shipping. I did not order their bolt carrier group because I had a spare Rock River Arms that I wanted to use. My rifle kit came with the BCG anyway.

I would definetly deal with them again if I am planning on a budget plinker. Already put about 250 rounds through the upper and haven't had one problem yet. I have no complaints about their customer service either. I spoke with Jason a few times and he was extremely polite and did his job well.

JPurp
04-27-2010, 1:25 PM
A close friend ordered a 20" A4 rifle kit. It was everything except the receiver.

It took 10 months to get it. He received it last month. He called about every month and was consistently told "2 more weeks". If I recall it was a component of the LPK, the fixed stock, then the chrome lined barrel.

In the end the price was great and the quality was good (not great).

If you have a tight budget, are in no hurry and don't mind being given the run around go for it.

-JP

destro360
04-27-2010, 1:35 PM
how about ar15-kits.com? anyone use them? seems like the same type of stuff. probably a middle man for some other company. i would order from delton but dont want to wait more then 2 weeks.

killshot44
04-27-2010, 2:27 PM
Haven't bought any Uppers from DelTon but I have used 'em for parts to assemble several ARs. Detents, Springs, Pins and such. Order online and get the stuff in four days from N.C.

xfilterx
04-27-2010, 2:55 PM

+1

I have a Del-Ton upper on a RRA lower with a Tapco stock, NcStar carry handle, and running some beater C-products mags on my AR15 shooter. I've shot approximately 2000 rounds through it with every kind of ammo you can possibly imagine and I've had 0 issues so far. Not bad considering I put the entire rifle together for under $700.

Infidel
04-27-2010, 3:25 PM
+1

I have a Del-Ton upper on a RRA lower with a Tapco stock, NcStar carry handle, and running some beater C-products mags on my AR15 shooter. I've shot approximately 2000 rounds through it with every kind of ammo you can possibly imagine and I've had 0 issues so far. Not bad considering I put the entire rifle together for under $700.

+1 I love my Delton...IMO most of the Delton haters on here have little or no experience with the company or product

wags0306
04-27-2010, 5:00 PM
I ordered my second upper the other day. They said 3-4 weeks in ship time and it shipped in 3 weeks and 2 days. The reason it take so long is everyone is ordering from them. I gotta say its all mil-spec and it all works the same. Looks good and shoots good. i would buy from them

jmabbott888
04-27-2010, 6:01 PM
Here is a pic of my kit on a Superior Arms lower

ordered:
1 of : 16" Rifle Kit[16 Rifle Kit -Barrel:DTI 16" 1x9 Heavy Barrel][16 Rifle Kit / Rifle -Handguards:CAR Handguards with Heat Shields - Green][Rifle Kit / Rifle -BC:Standard Bolt & Carrier][Rifle Kit / Rifle -Buttstock:A2 Buttstock - Green][Rifle Kit / Rifle -Grips:A2 Grip - Green][Rifle Kit / Rifle-Carrying Handle:None][Rifle Kit / Rifle-Flash Hiders:3 Prong Flash Hider > CHANGED TO A2 FLASH HIDER][Rifle Kit / Rifle-Gas Blocks:Standard A2 Front Sight][Rifle Kit / Rifle-Lower Parts:Standard Lower Parts][Rifle Kit / Rifle-T Handle:Standard Charging Handle][Rifle Kit / Rifle-Uppers:A2 Upper]
$485.00 Shipped
1 of : AR-15 A2 Grip Plug
$5.50 Processing
1 of : AR-15 Lightweight Sling
$4.95 Shipped

I called them 2 days after the order went in cause I got an email stating the 3 prong flash hider was backordered, changed to an A2 one. took 3 weeks to build & 1 week for shipping. Shoots great, just waiting on the grip plug since it is backordered, but I have the gun & can shoot it without the plug. BTW what is the legalities of storing the standard mag release in the pistolgrip since I have the bullet button installed?

wags0306
05-03-2010, 5:53 PM
I ordered my second upper the other day. They said 3-4 weeks in ship time and it shipped in 3 weeks and 2 days. The reason it take so long is everyone is ordering from them. I gotta say its all mil-spec and it all works the same. Looks good and shoots good. i would buy from them

Heres the finished product just got it in the mail today.

http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hs262.snc3/27759_1286016706642_1116884345_30674688_7887192_n. jpg

jmabbott888
05-09-2010, 1:24 AM
Here is a better pic of my Superior Arms Lower with a Delton HBAR 16" upeer & the green furniture.

juelz919
05-09-2010, 10:05 AM
THey have the best customer service I have ever heard of.
And just email them with what you want to buy and within 24 hours they will respond with whether it is in stock or not.
simply dont buy something that is backordered..

I ordered an M4 kit, had it in about 2 weeks..