PDA

View Full Version : Finished my AR build....

rcschummers
04-25-2010, 9:55 PM
CMMG complete piston upper, Aero precision lower, local store's custom parts kit, DPMS buttstock, Eotech 512, Magpul MBUS.

evidens83
04-25-2010, 9:57 PM
Dont you need a MMG or something to stay legal?

Gio
04-25-2010, 9:58 PM
Nice, you mean a 10/30 usgi look a like mag ;)

-Gio

rcschummers
04-25-2010, 9:59 PM
duh.
Nice, you mean a 10/30 usgi look a like mag ;)

-Gio

rcschummers
04-25-2010, 10:00 PM
its 100% legal.

Doheny
04-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Nice, clean look.

Gio
04-25-2010, 10:01 PM
duh.

Don't duh me smart a** I was only trying to help your case out. Look at the post above me, last thing I want to see is someone get in trouble for not clarifying something so simple.

-Gio

rcschummers
04-25-2010, 10:02 PM
I have a bullet button and the mag is blocked. check the calguns flowchart its pretty cool.

rcschummers
04-25-2010, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the comment(smart a**), sorry wasnt trying to be rude, just having a good time. By the way, I'll duh whoever I want: 1st amendment, have a great night grumpy:).
Don't duh me smart a** I was only trying to help your case out. Look at the post above me, last thing I want to see is someone get in trouble for not clarifying something so simple.

-Gio

rcschummers
04-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Thanks, that's what I was going for.
Nice, clean look.

Echidin
04-25-2010, 10:08 PM
I probably would have went with a different stock, but that's just my taste. Overall very nice build.

dieselpower
04-25-2010, 10:09 PM
You turned a legally owned preban 30rd (1/1/2000) into a 10/30? Doesnt that now mean you own 1 less legal 30rd magazine now?
Firearm looks great, a very nice look.

Gio
04-25-2010, 10:10 PM
CMMG complete piston upper, Aero precision lower, local store's custom parts kit, DPMS buttstock, Eotech 512, Magpul MBUS, preban magazine:cool2:.

Thanks for the comment(smart a**), sorry wasnt trying to be rude, just having a good time. By the way, I'll duh whoever I want, have a great night grumpy:).

First off I am not a Grump, second of all you listed some stuff on there that is going to make a lot of people go :confused:

Here is what you might of said to not draw that attention onto yourself.

CMMG complete piston upper, Aero precision lower, local store's custom parts kit, DPMS buttstock, Eotech 512, Magpul MBUS, 10/30 aluminum magazine

That right there would make it to where no one would question your build. you simply stating preban mag pops up flags in most of everyones head. There is no mention of them being 10/30 or 30/10 whichever way you want to label them.

If you like that kind of attention, go ahead.

-Gio

ae13291
04-25-2010, 10:11 PM
you should be very proud of yourself

rcschummers
04-25-2010, 10:15 PM
First off I am not a Grump, second of all you listed some stuff on there that is going to make a lot of people go :confused:

CMMG complete piston upper, Aero precision lower, local store's custom parts kit, DPMS buttstock, Eotech 512, Magpul MBUS, 10/30 aluminum magazine

That right there would make it to where no one would question your build. you simply stating preban mag pops up flags in most of everyones head. There is no mention of them being 10/30 or 30/10 whichever way you want to label them.

-Gio
Have a great night.:beatdeadhorse5:

munkeeboi
04-25-2010, 10:15 PM
CMMG complete piston upper, Aero precision lower, local store's custom parts kit, DPMS buttstock, Eotech 512, Magpul MBUS, preban magazine:cool2:.

Exactly, Nowhere does it say that you are using a 10/30 mag and Gio was just trying to help you out as if it was a 30 rd "preban" mag in that configuration (with or without bb), it would have been considered an AW.

'duh' was probably uncalled for, but if that's the way you want to roll...to each their own.

rcschummers
04-25-2010, 10:17 PM
you should be very proud of yourself

Thank you, I built it for the attention.

pyro3k2
04-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Take that MBUS off your gas block before it melts!!!!!!!! even if it's a piston upper it will melt!!!!!!!!!!

SoCalRandy
04-25-2010, 10:18 PM

its 100% legal.

I have a bullet button and the mag is blocked. check the calguns flowchart its pretty cool.

So, why call it a preban mag if it's really a 10/30? Nice looking rifle by the way.

pyro3k2
04-25-2010, 10:19 PM

-Gio

I agree with gio, From your origonal post I thought you took a 30 round mag and used it in a BB config, which would make your rifle an AW and you a felon, please take these comments as little things to help keep your *** out of jail.

rcschummers
04-25-2010, 10:23 PM
Exactly, Nowhere does it say that you are using a 10/30 mag and Gio was just trying to help you out as if it was a 30 rd "preban" mag in that configuration (with or without bb), it would have been considered an AW.

'duh' was probably uncalled for, but if that's the way you want to roll...to each their own.

I agree that duh was uncalled for(you werent here to see my smile and hear my sense of humor), Sorry Gio. Just trying to share my new toy that I enjoy so much. Let's put it in the past.

rcschummers
04-25-2010, 10:26 PM
I agree with gio, From your origonal post I thought you took a 30 round mag and used it in a BB config, which would make your rifle an AW and you a felon, please take these comments as little things to help keep your *** out of jail.

point taken.

rcschummers
04-25-2010, 10:31 PM
Take that MBUS off your gas block before it melts!!!!!!!! even if it's a piston upper it will melt!!!!!!!!!!

Im not to concerned, I don't shoot it alot, and when I do I don't shoot in volume. BUT dang that sucks, what good are these things for anyway then?

pyro3k2
04-25-2010, 10:36 PM
Im not to concerned, I don't shoot it alot, and when I do I don't shoot in volume. BUT dang that sucks, what good are these things for anyway then?

mount them on the rail and not on the gas block. but with your current configuration you're going to have to buy either a railed hand guard or a new sight. Those gas blocks heat up faster than most people expect btw, one 10 round mag of ammo and you will start smelling and seeing it melt.

twinjetguy
04-25-2010, 11:02 PM
Thank you, I built it for the attention.

Assuming you were being sarcastic, if you didn't want attention why post pics of it?

I have to agree with Gio as well. He was just trying to help you out. Stating that you are using a pre ban mag in your build doesn't make you sound like the sharpest tool in the shed. Talk about "duh".

Anyway, nice build.

rcschummers
04-25-2010, 11:06 PM
Assuming you were being sarcastic, if you didn't want attention why post pics of it?

I have to agree with Gio as well. He was just trying to help you out. Stating that you are using a pre ban mag in your build doesn't make you sound like the sharpest tool in the shed. Talk about "duh".

Anyway, nice build.

I was, and thank you.

rcschummers
04-25-2010, 11:07 PM

Anyway, nice build.

I posted it because my friend was wondering why I hadn't posted it yet. Sharing my excitement.

HK Dave
04-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Have a great night.:beatdeadhorse5:

Bit rude i think. Little civility please. He was only trying to help.

rcschummers
04-25-2010, 11:14 PM
I agree that duh was uncalled for(you werent here to see my smile and hear my sense of humor), Sorry Gio. Just trying to share my new toy that I enjoy so much. Let's put it in the past.

:):):)

rcschummers
04-25-2010, 11:15 PM
wow, didn't expect the text to be that large. lol

center_x
04-26-2010, 9:26 AM
Why are you being such a smart a**?? Gio was only trying to help. Try to set a example and respect other calgunners! I hope your mbus melts with comments like that!

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::owned::rofl::rofl:

Greg-Dawg
04-26-2010, 9:46 AM
Duh to all of you!!!

Don't you just love CA gun laws? I'd get rid of that stock and put a collapsible...then you'll be the cool guy in school.

pontiacpratt
04-26-2010, 10:08 AM
The front Back up sight is for a handguard rail, the it should be on the same plane as the rear sight. The gas block rail is slightly lower than the top rail. ERGO the post will almost have to be backed out to shoot level right?

rcschummers
04-26-2010, 10:20 AM
I like the A2 buttstock, you can put a cleaning kit or whatever else ˙ou might want to carry out with you. And Yes! California has ridiculous gunlaws!

Spikes666us
10-07-2010, 9:00 PM
wow you are such an a**hole!!! gio was only trying to help you. what kinda person are you? obviously someone that most people hate! much like liberals! huh huh huh

CoyoteHunter555
10-07-2010, 9:02 PM
Wooooah looks awesome, enjoy! :thumbsup:

pyro3k2
10-07-2010, 9:08 PM
this thread was dead for 5 months, just let it rest in peace.

CoyoteHunter555
10-07-2010, 9:52 PM
this thread was dead for 5 months, just let it rest in peace.

spikes revived it, Im innocent :hide: