PDA

View Full Version : 25 round clip?

mgw12
04-25-2010, 8:45 PM
Can I legally buy a 25 round clip for my ruger 10-22 and use it? Or is that ALSO banned form use in our wonderful state?:o:confused:

X-NewYawker
04-25-2010, 8:46 PM
BANNED!
No detachable magazines with capacity over 10 rounds may enter the state or your closet.*

* Clearly there are some exceptions, if you are a law enforcement agent, if you are registered to buy hi capacity mags because you use them in movies, etc.,
but if you are Joe Six pack, you must be joe ten round.

Saigon1965
04-25-2010, 8:51 PM
Unfortunately unless you have them before the ban then you can't buy "new" mags - Only "rebuild" kits to repair old mags -

Noobert
04-25-2010, 8:52 PM
http://www.bootsandsabers.com/images/uploads/poster33090609rc9.jpg

mgw12
04-25-2010, 8:58 PM
BANNED!
No detachable magazines with capacity over 10 rounds may enter the state or your closet.*

* Clearly there are some exceptions, if you are a law enforcement agent, if you are registered to buy hi capacity mags because you use them in movies, etc.,
but if you are Joe Six pack, you must be joe ten round.

......NICE and thanks for the responses!

ChrisO
04-25-2010, 9:08 PM
Look up a picture of a clip and a picture of a magazine please. Then take some time to read through the forum instead of asking the same old question. The answer is NO unless you owned it preban.

evidens83
04-25-2010, 9:09 PM
Calling it a clip should be BANNED! :D

mgw12
04-25-2010, 9:16 PM
Look up a picture of a clip and a picture of a magazine please. Then take some time to read through the forum instead of asking the same old question. The answer is NO unless you owned it preban.

I am sorry to offend you. "Clip and mag" by many people that are not "into guns" understand it to be the same. Also some people don't mind helping out on a quick question. I apologize for offending you.

ChrisO
04-25-2010, 9:19 PM
I don't mind helping. A clip is not a mag and a mag is not a clip thats help right there you just learned something new. This subject has also been covered PLENTY of times it's easy to find...

mgw12
04-25-2010, 9:26 PM
I don't mind helping. A clip is not a mag and a mag is not a clip thats help right there you just learned something new. This subject has also been covered PLENTY of times it's easy to find...

Ok thanks! I have another question...but I will spend an added 20 mins researching it instead of asking for help! ..sheesh what a tuff crowd! Mayde I will ask on monday!

johnthomas
04-25-2010, 9:29 PM
A large capacity magazine means any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more
than 10 rounds, but shall not be construed to include a feeding device that has been permanently
altered so that it cannot accommodate more than 10 rounds, a tubular magazine that is contained in
a lever-action firearm, or a .22 caliber tube ammunition feeding device. (Penal Code
12020(c)(25).)

Saigon1965
04-25-2010, 9:38 PM
Ask away -

Ok thanks! I have another question...but I will spend an added 20 mins researching it instead of asking for help! ..sheesh what a tuff crowd! Mayde I will ask on monday!

ChrisO
04-25-2010, 10:11 PM

came off like a douche sorry bro. I'm just trying to say it helps to search first as it's very possible most questions you have especially regarding CA legal issues HAVE been asked and answered before. Searching is easy and takes a few seconds and if nothing pops up well start a thread! My allergies are kicking my a** and I was in kind of a bad mood mood. Again sorry!

juicemansam
04-25-2010, 11:55 PM
I'm deeply offended by this thread! I'd of used all caps but I'm struggling with the heart attack this has caused me! I'm hitting the Submit Reply button as hard as I can!

Oh, and check out the Wiki. It has a lot of great info.