PDA

View Full Version : holy ****!! I found a nazi penny in my k98 ... new pics up

Shady
04-25-2010, 8:44 PM
I took my k98 apart today for the first time and found a a nazi penny underneath the action

damn thing gave me goose bumps
:eek:

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk7/labiocars/IMG_0305.jpg
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk7/labiocars/IMG_0306.jpg
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk7/labiocars/IMG_0300.jpg
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk7/labiocars/IMG_0303.jpg

ChrisTKHarris
04-25-2010, 8:46 PM
In for pics

TacFan
04-25-2010, 8:47 PM
take it to Nevada ... you know those PAWN Star peops :)

jamesob
04-25-2010, 8:49 PM
was it used as a shim? i have read that time to time thing like that are found in old military arms

Saigon1965
04-25-2010, 8:50 PM
Those idiots won't pay him market rate -

Aftermath686
04-25-2010, 8:52 PM

Totaly off topic, BUT I don't ****ing get why people take **** there. Or to any pawn shop for that matter. I do understand if you need the money ASAP, but if you have time it makes no sense. And it seems a lot of them do indeed have time. Why not sell it to the right buyer and get what its worth...

Anyways I'm interested in seeing those pix.

patriot_man
04-25-2010, 8:52 PM
can't wait to see it. What's up with people finding these treasures lately? lol

Joe
04-25-2010, 8:54 PM
Wow. Cant wait to see pics.

Noobert
04-25-2010, 8:54 PM
I definitely have to see this!

evidens83
04-25-2010, 8:55 PM
Keep us updated!

ChrisO
04-25-2010, 8:55 PM
Sick I cant wait to see some pics! Thats a cool find!

chiseenchinaman
04-25-2010, 8:58 PM
Totaly off topic, BUT I don't ****ing get why people take **** there. Or to any pawn shop for that matter. I do understand if you need the money ASAP, but if you have time it makes no sense. And it seems a lot of them do indeed have time. Why not sell it to the right buyer and get what its worth...

Pawn shops aren't places to sell to. they're a place where you get loans for your things. You bring things in and you get a loan, pay off the loan, get you're stuff back. But yes, some people do sell stuff there... those aren't the smartest people in the world.

rcschummers
04-25-2010, 8:58 PM
OHHH Ive been waiting along time to use this one......:useless:

ae13291
04-25-2010, 9:07 PM
wowowoowwow please post pics. i want the penny!!!

dieselpower
04-25-2010, 9:12 PM
waiting for pics. Would love to have this confirmed...I was told its a myth.

paladin4415
04-25-2010, 9:14 PM
Tag for the pics.

Cokebottle
04-25-2010, 9:18 PM
Wow... what a piece of history there.
That rifle and the penny are both worth more together than separate.

I'd put it back where it was!

Does it look like this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-swastika-penny-Nazi-Germany-/350338976721
That one sold on eBay for a buck plus $2 for shipping.

Jwood562
04-25-2010, 9:20 PM
pics yet? wake the baby up! j/k but lets see it when you can

nagorb
04-25-2010, 9:41 PM
tag

jvpark
04-25-2010, 9:53 PM

lol

69Mach1
04-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Wow!

tlillard23
04-25-2010, 10:13 PM
pics or it didn't happen

1*mike
04-25-2010, 10:13 PM
I cant wait to see it

Shady
04-25-2010, 10:26 PM
pics up

Shady
04-25-2010, 10:29 PM
its a 1942 with a D below the 1

chavez27
04-25-2010, 10:32 PM

pawn stars.... the people that sell their stuff there get royally screwed. I hate watching that show just cause the people that go there are so dumb.......

ANYWAYS, that is so cool that you found that in your rifle man. I wish i could have found something like that. You know that thing has to have some history behind it, and you can only imagine what that penny has been through, whose hands it was it, and what the significance of it was to the previous owner. badass

TacFan
04-25-2010, 10:33 PM
its a 1942 with a D below the 1

thanks for sharing. Did your kid also draw on your hand and arms ? :p

Shady
04-25-2010, 10:37 PM
was it used as a shim? i have read that time to time thing like that are found in old military arms

ya dude everything is loose now

chavez27
04-25-2010, 10:41 PM
ya dude everything is loose now

oh damn so i guess its only significance was that it was used as a temporary if not, permanent fix.... LOL

nrakid88
04-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Try taking pics without the flash on. Flash and Macro usually fight eachother, wait till its bright out tomorrow. Cool find!

telcolineman
04-25-2010, 10:55 PM
Too cool

Falstaff
04-25-2010, 10:59 PM

LOL, yep people will try for days/weeks to sell something on craigslist or ebay, trying to get what they paid for something 3 years ago, only to get to the point that they cant wait and they go give it away at the pawn shop!

Breadfan
04-25-2010, 11:15 PM
wow

bigthaiboy
04-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Is it a 1 Deutchmark coin?

Shady
04-25-2010, 11:23 PM
it says reichasfennig and deutches reich ...

thevic
04-25-2010, 11:52 PM
see if you can sneak it as a quarter buying a soda

Okami
04-26-2010, 12:30 AM
1 Pfennig coin. Pretty cool find!

E Pluribus Unum
04-26-2010, 12:33 AM
Damn... the tatoo of the Nazi penny is very realistic!

Shady
04-26-2010, 12:40 AM
Wow... what a piece of history there.
That rifle and the penny are both worth more together than separate.

I'd put it back where it was!

Does it look like this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-swastika-penny-Nazi-Germany-/350338976721
That one sold on eBay for a buck plus $2 for shipping.

this one is layed out a little different then that one

I guess its not worth much

Shady
04-26-2010, 12:41 AM
Damn... the tatoo of the Nazi penny is very realistic!

haha good one

keep the tattoo jokes rollin in guys;)

ae13291
04-26-2010, 12:57 AM
thats pretty neat man. thanks to you i am now on ebay buying some pennys.

xibunkrlilkidsx
04-26-2010, 7:30 AM
lol ur knee looks funny. need ink on there.

ill give you an american quarter for it :D

dfletcher
04-26-2010, 7:39 AM
What's interesting to consider is that the last time this coin was touched was probably during the war - from some German soldier's hand as a field fix to you removing it, quite a long time & much has happened.

EBR Works
04-26-2010, 7:54 AM
Here is the coin you have:

http://www.luckylukeonline.com/1pfzink.html

Nick1236
04-26-2010, 7:57 AM
so whats it worth?

hybridatsun350
04-26-2010, 7:58 AM
Very cool find. I'd love to have such an interesting and unique piece of history! Having it come free with a rifle you bought is even better!

evidens83
04-26-2010, 8:03 AM
Nice find. Unless its worth a significant amount I'd just keep it as a conversation piece.

ChrisO
04-26-2010, 8:04 AM
I'm sure with that rifle it should be worth something!

daveinwoodland
04-26-2010, 8:21 AM
Keep it for the story. You won't get rich off it.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_is_a_1942_Nazi_1_pfennig_coin_worth

Cobrafreak
04-26-2010, 10:31 AM
That is cool. Maybe a fad is happening now. Lets put pennys in all of our weapons for posterity.

Sugacookie
04-26-2010, 10:50 AM
Id put it back to were it was located in the rifle. Great Find!

tacticalcity
04-26-2010, 10:52 AM
I still have most my text books from college, and as a Political Science major there are a LOT of books in my collection not only about the holocaust but about other aspects of Nazi Germany. These are college text books, not propogranda designed to encourage that ideology. Yet they have raised eyebrows more than once amongst guests who were just getting to know me. I have been tempted to box them up and put them in storage, just to avoid the confusion. I have twice as many books on the Japanese Empire, the Soviet Union, China and so on. Yet those books about Nazi Germany catch everyone's eye and cause them to jump to false conculusions about me.

If I added a bunch of Nazi rifles and coins to my book collection I would definitely be sending the wrong message.

Its cool you got something extra, just becareful who you brad to about it, or they might get the wrong idea...as my guests did. It is a very interesting peice of history.

I have all kinds of Roman coins in my collection and they were not exactly angels.

Hyper
04-26-2010, 11:32 AM
Pawn Stars & American Pickers are some soft of "thieves". :chris: However, the sellers are kind of stupid too.

Racefiend
04-26-2010, 12:08 PM
In-the-field action bedding. Nice. It's always cool to find a little something interesting from a previous owner in your rifle.

My dad bought a 30-40 Krag which had been sporterized in what looks like the 50's at least. Really nice job too. We took the butt plate off, and found the person had made 5 holes to fit 5 rounds in the stock. Still had 5 rounds in there too! THey were some old rounds too, probably leftovers from the Spanish-American war LOL.

E Pluribus Unum
04-26-2010, 12:13 PM
Pawn Stars & American Pickers are some soft of "thieves". :chris: However, the sellers are kind of stupid too.

If that is true, then all pawn shop owners are "thieves".

Any time I have checked to pawn something, they offer less than half the value of the item. I took them over $5000 worth of guns and they wanted to give me like $1000 for all of them to pawn, $1500 to buy them outright.

Plain and simple, they are a business there to make money off people's misfortunes; in times of financial need, they obtain their property at dirt cheap prices. It is a business, but to call them thieves is a bit far.

ChrisO
04-26-2010, 12:16 PM
Haha really? lameee.

BroncoBob
04-26-2010, 6:45 PM
Great find. Keep it with the rifle.

fcr
04-26-2010, 9:21 PM
A new gun shop in Solana Beach, I think it is CGM, has tons of Nazi artifacts. The place is like a museum, some of the daggers in there were marked @ 35K.

steaze
04-27-2010, 7:55 AM
put it back where you found it! its like the wax paper cards people find in the K31s, should stay with the rifle wherever it goes!

Rem222
04-27-2010, 8:05 AM
Thanks for sharing the pictures and the story. A very nice piece of history you have there....

professionalcoyotehunter
04-27-2010, 8:09 AM
Very cool.

WilliamAnderson
04-27-2010, 11:21 AM
very cool stuff you got there

Canute
04-27-2010, 4:36 PM
Here is the coin you have:

http://www.luckylukeonline.com/1pfzink.html

Hmmm, says the 1945 ones are rare. I bet they are...
Awesome find, though!

Cokebottle
04-27-2010, 6:33 PM
Hmmm, says the 1945 ones are rare. I bet they are...
Even though the coins aren't worth much, they are all pretty rare.
After the war, damned near anything with a swastika on it was rounded up and destroyed. The Beetles of that era had swastika dash knobs, and those are extremely valuable to VW restoration buffs today.

salazar44
04-27-2010, 6:48 PM
Well put.

I still have most my text books from college, and as a Political Science major there are a LOT of books in my collection not only about the holocaust but about other aspects of Nazi Germany. These are college text books, not propogranda designed to encourage that ideology. Yet they have raised eyebrows more than once amongst guests who were just getting to know me. I have been tempted to box them up and put them in storage, just to avoid the confusion. I have twice as many books on the Japanese Empire, the Soviet Union, China and so on. Yet those books about Nazi Germany catch everyone's eye and cause them to jump to false conculusions about me.

If I added a bunch of Nazi rifles and coins to my book collection I would definitely be sending the wrong message.

Its cool you got something extra, just becareful who you brad to about it, or they might get the wrong idea...as my guests did. It is a very interesting peice of history.

I have all kinds of Roman coins in my collection and they were not exactly angels.

lehn20
04-27-2010, 8:18 PM
Jesse James called and said he wants his nazi penny back..........

Ding126
04-27-2010, 8:31 PM
Bonus

COWBOYS!
04-27-2010, 8:43 PM
very very interesting, I think that the penny belongs with the rifle not seperated......great find.......thanks for sharing.

GrinderCB
04-27-2010, 8:46 PM

Don't deal with Old Man, he'll completely lowball ya. Rick and Big Hoss will give you fair value but try to get Chumlee, he'll way overpay for it and you might even see Old Man have a meltdown on the episode it runs on...

CenterX
04-27-2010, 8:50 PM
Excellent! Nice to see field engineering in action.

I say, You got some nice tattoos. More bold than mine. Nothing wrong with Ink, just the profiler.

So - are ya going to put it back or swap it out for another shim and hold on to it for conversation?

GrinderCB
04-27-2010, 8:53 PM
I took my k98 apart today for the first time and found a a nazi penny underneath the action

damn thing gave me goose bumps
:eek:

As it should. Sounds like the penny was being used as a shim/wedge when it was reassembled after a field-stripping. Finding that in there is uber-kewl. Your Mauser is no longer just a thing you bought and shoot; it's now a link to some real person that perhaps used it in the war.

thefinger
04-27-2010, 9:48 PM
Way cool! I agree that you should put it back where it was in the rifle. Too cool to separate.

Shady
04-27-2010, 10:29 PM
the penny is already back in the rifle
and it still gives me goose bumps

sreiter
04-27-2010, 11:01 PM
wowowoowwow please post pics. i want the penny!!!

what a shock :rolleyes:

SunriseF150
04-27-2010, 11:31 PM
Wow thats really cool. I've got a friend that is from Germany. He gave me a 1936 2 Reichspfennig.

tiger222
04-28-2010, 2:40 PM
Neat find, perhaps placed there by some hapless under age conscipt for good luck before being sent to the Ost Front only to be butchered in the Russian advance. That rifle could of very well belonged to my Step-Grandfather in law, he was killed in Prussia during the long bloody retreat of the Deutshes Armee Ost. Out of ammo and petrol, they tried to board ships loaded with civillians trying to escape the brutal Soviet advance. IIRC the ship was clearly marked as a hospital ship, or had white flags flying. As far as eyewhitness accounts go, he drowned along with thousands of others in the cold waters of the Noth Sea. The ships were sunk in the port by the merciless enemy from warships off the coast and straffed by air. Without cover from a non-existant Luftwaffe or the even more nonexistant Kriegsmarine they were sitting ducks. My grandmother in law was raped by the Soviet army when they over ran her farm house east of Berlin. My mother in law would sit shaking in a bomb shelter in Cologne during the formative years of her child hood.

It was a terrible time and war for the German people who suffered trememdously, from which nothing good came out of it. All because some nut job addicted to meth, who was in love with his niece (and caused her suicide) with psycologial and mental disorders a plenty, and had a partial penis (the other part eaten by a goat to which he was apparently sexually attracted to and wanted to recieve oral sex from) managed to rise to power. Sad, truely sad.

I don't mean to bring you down on your find, but there are many sides to the "coin." I'd keep it in the rifle, respect the memory of the warrior who put it in there.

Shady
04-28-2010, 3:00 PM
hitler shure was an AS@!*LE

grammaton76
04-28-2010, 3:17 PM
My roomie's arisaka has a cut-down chopstick where part of the cleaning rod should be. All kinds of neat stuff in old rifles.

ChrisO
04-28-2010, 3:54 PM
what a shock :rolleyes:

Haha seriously...

Fate
04-28-2010, 7:14 PM
Neat find, perhaps placed there by some hapless under age conscipt for good luck before being sent to the Ost Front only to be butchered in the Russian advance. That rifle could of very well belonged to my Step-Grandfather in law, he was killed in Prussia during the long bloody retreat of the Deutshes Armee Ost. Out of ammo and petrol, they tried to board ships loaded with civillians trying to escape the brutal Soviet advance. IIRC the ship was clearly marked as a hospital ship, or had white flags flying. As far as eyewhitness accounts go, he drowned along with thousands of others in the cold waters of the Noth Sea. The ships were sunk in the port by the merciless enemy from warships off the coast and straffed by air. Without cover from a non-existant Luftwaffe or the even more nonexistant Kriegsmarine they were sitting ducks. My grandmother in law was raped by the Soviet army when they over ran her farm house east of Berlin. My mother in law would sit shaking in a bomb shelter in Cologne during the formative years of her child hood.

It was a terrible time and war for the German people who suffered trememdously, from which nothing good came out of it. All because some nut job addicted to meth, who was in love with his niece (and caused her suicide) with psycologial and mental disorders a plenty, and had a partial penis (the other part eaten by a goat to which he was apparently sexually attracted to and wanted to recieve oral sex from) managed to rise to power. Sad, truely sad.

I don't mean to bring you down on your find, but there are many sides to the "coin." I'd keep it in the rifle, respect the memory of the warrior who put it in there.
I would hold more pity in my heart for your end of the war story if it weren't for the fact that I have Ukrainian family that was killed in combat during Operation Barbarossa, others murdered by SS Death Squads that followed. Women, children too. On the other hand, my family also suffered at the hands of the Soviets with some of the former serfs (who were loyal to the Tsar) being starved, murdered, deported to Siberia during the Revolution and the Farm Collectivization thereafter.

There was more than enough evil to go around in those parts, but trying to paint the rape of Germany as anything but fully earned is disingenuous at best.