PDA

View Full Version : How to transfer PMs

treelogger
02-28-2006, 9:19 AM
So calguns has a limit of 75 PMs. That's perfectly sensible. So whenever I reach that limit, I clean up my PMs by And it is easy to download the PMs in various formats.

My question is: Each time I download the PMs, I get a file with about 70 PMs, which I then store on my home computer. After a while, I have a few dozen of these files, each with 70 PMs, and searching and archiving is a bear. What tools exist to turn those PMs back into a mail-like format, maybe even make them browsable? Are there any tools for turning them for example into a Unix mail spool format, or feed them via SMTP into a mail server for archiving? Any suggestions? I don't feel like writing a script for this myself, too many other things to do.

grammaton76
02-28-2006, 10:07 AM
Are there any tools for turning them for example into a Unix mail spool format, or feed them via SMTP into a mail server for archiving? Any suggestions? I don't feel like writing a script for this myself, too many other things to do.

Sick thought... new CPAN module - Mail::CalGuns

Actually, probably the easiest thing would be if Calguns were to have an option of also forwarding you a copy of each PM as it's sent, to an email address of your choosing. At that point, thunderbird or whatnot would be easily able to stick it in a folder as appropriate. Then you don't have to worry about downloading anything.