PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find M1A receivers?

shooterx10
02-28-2006, 9:07 AM
Does anyone know where I can find stripped and/or barreled M1A receivers? I want to find either Armscorp, Springfield, or LRB etc.

TonyM
02-28-2006, 9:13 AM
LRB Arms website. (http://www.lrbarms.com/pages/2/index.htm)

chickenfried
02-28-2006, 9:21 AM
http://www.champchoice.com/detail.php?item=MA9900
http://www.sarcoinc.com/rifles-receivers.html#m14

50 Freak
02-28-2006, 9:41 AM
Does anyone know where I can find stripped and/or barreled M1A receivers? I want to find either Armscorp, Springfield, or LRB etc.

Just remember....

M1A = Springfield
M-14 = Everyone else

Also in the world of M14/M1A's everything is expensive as I'm finding out myself. Only good in building one yourself is just that. You get to build it yourself and spread the cost over time. You will not save money as with the war and the military using M14s again, M14 parts are scarce and have skyrocketed. A kits part will run you anywhere from $800-$1,000. Better to just buy the rifle completed.

I've just got a polytech M14 a couple of weeks ago and have been reading up on the M14s since then.

If money is no consideration, look at the LRB rear lugged M14's (the ones with built in scope mounts). Will run you 4 figures for just the receiver. But the best on the market.

glen avon
02-28-2006, 10:16 AM
sarco has sold Armscorp blems and seconds without telling buyers....

be advised.

entreprise has them too.

HEUER
02-28-2006, 10:28 AM
Tank's rifle shop had stripped M1A recievers about a year ago.

If you are buildinga custom rifle and are going to spend the money, go LRB. If you go M1A might as well just buy a second hand model with USGI parts and go from there.

fal_762x51
02-28-2006, 11:06 AM
Yes, another fellow builder!

Hoss.870
02-28-2006, 11:28 AM
Yea me personally i was going to buy a Loaded M1A and build on it from there it just seems cheaper that way.

HEUER
02-28-2006, 11:47 AM
Fulton (many people don't think much of them here for all together different reasons, but I think they are a very good outfit), has some pretty good packages at fulton armory.

chickenfried
02-28-2006, 12:31 PM
IMHO Fulton is overpriced, the wait times are crazy, and their old marketing hype was really irritating. I'd rather go with Ted Brown or one of the other reputable builders out there. But then again this is coming from a guy that's a better shopper than shooter :o .

lostark374
02-28-2006, 12:55 PM
http://armscorpusa.com/Products/m14parts.html

HEUER
02-28-2006, 12:57 PM
I would rec Ted Brown as well. I just put Fulton out there because thet do have headspaced kits like LRB.

IMO if you are going with a cast non-USGI spec reciever SAI is fine. Forged LRB or Smith. Poly' and Norinco's can be sent to Smith or Warbird to convert into a sweet rifle.

HEUER
02-28-2006, 1:00 PM
http://armscorpusa.com/Products/m14parts.html

Be careful of ARMSCORP, they have a reputation for having reciever way off spec.

sv_sniper
02-28-2006, 2:02 PM
LRB Arms. Designed by M1A nuts for M1A nuts.:)

50 Freak
02-28-2006, 2:31 PM
LRB Arms. Designed by M1A nuts for M1A nuts.

Too bad they make M-14s. Only ones that make M1As are Springfield.:D :D

sv_sniper
02-28-2006, 4:24 PM
Too bad they make M-14s. Only ones that make M1As are Springfield.:D :D

Can't LRB receivers be built as semi-auto rifles? AFAIK, they are all semi-auto. Correct me if I am wrong.:p

TonyM
02-28-2006, 4:47 PM
Can't LRB receivers be built as semi-auto rifles? AFAIK, they are all semi-auto. Correct me if I am wrong.:p

"M1A" is a Springfield Armory model, but the M1A is really a M-14 variant. Has nothing to do with being Semi-Auto.

50 Freak
02-28-2006, 5:03 PM
"M1A" is a Springfield Armory model, but the M1A is really a M-14 variant. Has nothing to do with being Semi-Auto.

Yep, ding ding we have a weiner...;)

M1A is just what Springfield Armory calls their M-14s. Everyone else just calls them M-14s. And M-14 can be in either auto or semi auto.

Springfield Armory's wanting to be different from the pack has just made people more confused about the difference between M1As and M14s.

HEUER
02-28-2006, 5:28 PM
Yep, ding ding we have a weiner...;)

M1A is just what Springfield Armory calls their M-14s. Everyone else just calls them M-14s. And M-14 can be in either auto or semi auto.

Springfield Armory's wanting to be different from the pack has just made people more confused about the difference between M1As and M14s.

Ding Ding Ding

I am pretty sure Elmer Balance gave them that name in 1971 when he contracted with Valley Ordnance in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania to manufacture investment cast recievers without sear shaft and sear release housing- which provided the mount for the selector switch.

sv_sniper
02-28-2006, 5:31 PM
Ding Ding Ding Ding.....

I have a M14 style rifle built by Springfield named "IDF-M14". It is semi-auto.:D

HEUER
02-28-2006, 5:32 PM
What does it say on the heel of your reciever?

HEUER
02-28-2006, 5:36 PM
That may be a Israeli Defense Force M14?

HEUER
02-28-2006, 5:50 PM
Is this a re-welded reciever SA IDF m-14 reciever?

50 Freak
02-28-2006, 5:55 PM
I have a M14 style rifle built by Springfield named "IDF-M14". It is semi-auto.

WHOOOO, must be the cool Isreali Defense Forces M-14s.

Niiiicccceeee!!!!!

HEUER
02-28-2006, 6:02 PM
Israeli Military Industries built 10,000 sniper weapons systems out of the 35,000 rifles given to them by the United States in 1973 as a result of the Yom Kippur War. The remaining m14 rifles were disassembled and used for parts.

If this was a SA arsenal marked heal re-marked IDF how did it get here? Was this reciever re-welded? Does anyone know?

Yute
02-28-2006, 9:27 PM
Sa Inc reimported rifles from the IDF, stripped their parts and used them on their own receivers which they stamped with the IDF line. They are renamed M1As (not m14 receivers), usually with the israeli m14 sniper stocks and scopes...

Edit to add from Different's (Lee emerson's work on the history of the m14):
IDF M1A - In the late 1990s Springfield Armory, Inc. bought the parts from some Israeli Defense Force M14 rifles. The parts from these rifles, including the Harris bipods, Israeli Military Industries stocks and scope mounts and Nimrod 6X range finding scopes, were assembled on to commercial Springfield Armory receivers with heavy weight match grade barrels. They were sold as a limited run model in 1999. The IDF M1A receiver heels are marked with the Star of David just below the serial number. The stocks on these rifles are described in the section Other Stocks. Each IDF M1A was issued a Certificate of Authenticity as part of the literature packed inside the factory shipping box.

HEUER
02-28-2006, 9:39 PM
Sa Inc reimported rifles from the IDF, stripped their parts and used them on their own receivers which they stamped with the IDF line. They are renamed M1As (not m14 receivers), usually with the israeli m14 sniper stocks and scopes...

Edit to add from Different's (Lee emerson's work on the history of the m14):
IDF M1A - In the late 1990s Springfield Armory, Inc. bought the parts from some Israeli Defense Force M14 rifles. The parts from these rifles, including the Harris bipods, Israeli Military Industries stocks and scope mounts and Nimrod 6X range finding scopes, were assembled on to commercial Springfield Armory receivers with heavy weight match grade barrels. They were sold as a limited run model in 1999. The IDF M1A receiver heels are marked with the Star of David just below the serial number. The stocks on these rifles are described in the section Other Stocks. Each IDF M1A was issued a Certificate of Authenticity as part of the literature packed inside the factory shipping box.

YUTE what page in history and devlopment did you find that? EDIT got it page 69.

cocorador
03-01-2006, 3:45 AM
have you tried www.tdwsales.com for Armscorp receivers? You pay them and have them sent to a dealer near you. I purchased one from them a whil back.

dwtt
03-01-2006, 7:02 PM
IMHO Fulton is overpriced, the wait times are crazy, and their old marketing hype was really irritating. I'd rather go with Ted Brown or one of the other reputable builders out there. But then again this is coming from a guy that's a better shopper than shooter :o .
I spoke with Ted Brown on the phone when I was looking into a LRB receiver, he's quite a knowledgable person. I do know he's patient with people who are new to M-14's and ask dumb questions, people like me. If I had the money to buy a LRB rifle, I'd consider getting it from Ted Brown.

pogo
03-02-2006, 7:44 AM
Ding Ding Ding Ding..... I have a M14 style rifle built by Springfield named "IDF-M14". It is semi-auto.:D

Did this come with a flashhider and bayo lug installed?