PDA

View Full Version : San Diego CCW

blackelim
04-25-2010, 7:07 PM
Our sheriff Gore has stated his department issues 95% of applications submited. The article was in the Union Tribune.
Where do I get the forms and the proceedures to apply? I have a good clean background and what I feel is a very valid reason to have a permit because of my work.
I have no expectations of getting a permit, I just would like to try and be one of the lucky 95%
Thanks.

KING_PALM
04-25-2010, 7:11 PM
do they have a 2 part system like orange does?
first 95 get put in the trash can and the other 5 get signed?

The Director
04-25-2010, 7:23 PM
He truly does issue CCWs to 95% of the applicants. First, the apps go through a series of disgruntled lieutenants and captains who use the apps for target practice and azz wipe. Some of the apps are used around the office, like to shim up a pesky cabinet with a wobble. From there, they're culled, gone through, and submitted to Gore in order of first preference......first preference being active duty US Marshalls, Supreme Court Justices, former Presidents, or FBI/CIA types.

Of these, 95% get approved.

Does that answer your question?

CCWFacts
04-25-2010, 7:33 PM
Our sheriff Gore has stated his department issues 95% of applications submited.

It is common for depts. with very highly restrictive CCW policies to have denial rates that are very low or even zero. I wouldn't be surprised if SF has zero denials in many calendar years.

These departments basically make it abundantly clear to the non-winning applicants that they shouldn't apply. They will tell them, "don't bother". They'll (illegally) charge big up-front non-refundable fees, or put up all kinds of requirements such as psych / med evals before even processing the application. I think the rate of denials is almost meaningless in deciding how favorable issuance is.

Satex
04-25-2010, 8:04 PM
Our sheriff Gore has stated his department issues 95% of applications submitted. The article was in the Union Tribune.

Gore is a liar. The first time you call to make an appt, you are questioned. If you don't meet their criteria over the phone, you are done right then. If you insist on proceeding with an appointment, you are told you will be denied, but they will go ahead and schedule it for you.

The San Diego Sherrif's aristocracy is a sickening case of ongoing group of individuals running the County's LEO as they please. The prime example is the well crafted and executed hand-off of power from Kohlender to Gore. Gore needs to be voted out, the San Diego County Board of supervisors need to all be voted out.

ned946
04-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Vote for Jay LaSeur.
He has very little money to campain with so word of mouth will be paramount.
He has committed to being very pro CCW.

jshoebot
04-25-2010, 11:40 PM
+1 for Jay LaSeur

Bill Carson
04-25-2010, 11:53 PM
He truly does issue CCWs to 95% of the applicants. First, the apps go through a series of disgruntled lieutenants and captains who use the apps for target practice and azz wipe. Some of the apps are used around the office, like to shim up a pesky cabinet with a wobble. From there, they're culled, gone through, and submitted to Gore in order of first preference......first preference being active duty US Marshalls, Supreme Court Justices, former Presidents, or FBI/CIA types.

Of these, 95% get approved.

Does that answer your question? Exactly. He uses his underlings to weed out 95% of them.

Hunt
04-26-2010, 12:14 AM
Gore is a liar. The first time you call to make an appt, you are questioned. If you don't meet their criteria over the phone, you are done right then. If you insist on proceeding with an appointment, you are told you will be denied, but they will go ahead and schedule it for you.

The San Diego Sherrif's aristocracy is a sickening case of ongoing group of individuals running the County's LEO as they please. The prime example is the well crafted and executed hand-off of power from Kohlender to Gore. Gore needs to be voted out, the San Diego County Board of supervisors need to all be voted out.

ehh yeah this SD County Gov't is Nazi no doubt. Get a building code violation they will foreclose and they will throw you in the street, they don't care if you are 72 and on meds. These people are gestapo.

LazyBoy
04-26-2010, 12:20 AM
It is common for depts. with very highly restrictive CCW policies to have denial rates that are very low or even zero. I wouldn't be surprised if SF has zero denials in many calendar years.

The last stat I saw about active CCW permits in SF, they only have 2

the_donald_
04-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Given you have a clean background, the worse that can happen is they deny you. There's always the option of moving to Orange County & commuting to work.;) It's looking more promising out here, presuming Sandy gets a boot in the arse come election time.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Good Luck.

ned946
04-26-2010, 11:04 AM
Not to be too much of a smart ***.....BUT

Isn't there a CCW section here?:threadjacked:

The Duke
04-26-2010, 11:06 AM
Given you have a clean background, the worse that can happen is they deny you. There's always the option of moving to Orange County & commuting to work.;) It's looking more promising out here, presuming Sandy gets a boot in the arse come election time.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Good Luck.

Actually, the worst that can happen is what Gore is making happen. He's having his deputies stonewall anyone who wants a CCW. It's because his stated belief is that only people in extraordinary circumstances are allowed a CCW. I would like to see where he made the 95% assertation. That doesn't sound like the Gore I remember.

Glock22Fan
04-26-2010, 11:59 AM
This process is known as "Denial By Runaround" (DBR).

If you do enough PRAR's you will find that there are no very restrictive departments that have a high denial rate.

People know that they won't get issued, so most of them never apply in the first place. The remainder meet all these roadblocks. Consequently, you can PRAR the DoJ and find out that County X has, say, three CCW's issued and has never had a denial. Great, that sheriff has a 100% "Shall Issue" record. Yea!

DBR is the main reason that TBJ always says: keep your correspondance to letters (no phone calls, no emails, no visits) and keep copies and, of course, keep the replies.

They are legally bound to provide you with application forms, they are legally bound to accept your application and they are legally bound to give you either a CCW or a written denial. If you get the kind of letter that says "As a policy, we do not issue CCW's" or "We require a preliminary interview before we issue application forms," then you have excellent evidence of malpractice should you eventually bring a lawsuit.

GuyW
04-26-2010, 1:43 PM
Gore is a liar.

+1 I've been known to say that on more than one occasion...

Vote for Jay LaSeur.
He has very little money to campain with so word of mouth will be paramount.
He has committed to being very pro CCW.

...send Jay some $$, any amount...

ned946
04-26-2010, 4:55 PM
+1 ...send Jay some $$, any amount...

That and e-mail him for posters. He'll send 'em so we can post 'em! Spread the word!

:owned::King::clap::clap::clap:

Apocalypsenerd
04-26-2010, 8:33 PM
I will vote for Jay just on this website's positive view.