PDA

View Full Version : Eotech Setup

Mr.RoDiN
04-25-2010, 7:02 PM
I know this has been discussed here and calguns and at many other forums as well, but I need some input from anyone who can give me some.
I have a stag upper, 16 inch flat top/detachable carrying handle upper. I have an Eotech I forget which model (AA batteries/night vision compatable). At first I bought the LaRue Tactical EOTech QD Mount LT-110, along with the larue swivel mount for the aimpoint 3x. I didnt enjoy the 3x very much and sold all the mounts, along with the 3x. I basically wanted to have a rifle that I can use for both close range along with up to a hundred yards (don't need more than that). I tried true co witness, but then was basically still setup at a certain distant. I want a rifle I can switch from shooting 15 yards to around 50, and when need be pop up a BUIS and use the iron sights for long distance. Now I didn't like the true co-witness, and am thinking about buying a riser mount for my eotech, and buying a rear flip up sight.
So as far as the eotech, with the riser, do I set it at 25 meters? Is that the most practical way of going? Sometimes I want to shoot closer targets with quick target aquisition (with my eotech). But when setup at 25 meters, I cant hit closer targets. Do I just setup at a distance where I feel I will be using the Eotech the most? Also if I setup my eotech at about 15 yards, how far will it be good up till (55 grain). Second part is, what type of rear flip ups should I go with. Im stuck between a few. My eyes are on the GG&G A2 spring sights, the GG&G Mad sights or the GG&G MAD with Ranging aperture. Anyone have experience with these sights? Especially with the MAD Ranging ap? It looks promising, but I don't want to over complicater things.

So sorry for the extremely long post, if anyone has any advice please let me know. Also this is what I want, not necessarily what is right. So if there are any suggestions please let me know....

SuperSet
04-25-2010, 7:09 PM
1. Sight your EOTech for 50y as it'll be the flattest shooting out to 250y.
2. I like the MBUSs since they do the job and are cheap.

Mr.RoDiN
04-25-2010, 7:24 PM
When you setup at 50y, do you know what is the closest distant the rifle is dead center accurate till? I basically want to setup at a good all around distance with the eotech where I can just put the donut on the target and hit the target, quickly and accurately.

chiselchst
04-25-2010, 9:42 PM
Is this the info you are seeking?

http://ballisticscalculator.winchester.com/

Enter the proper height of the dot above the barrel center...

Mr.RoDiN
04-25-2010, 10:01 PM
Is this the info you are seeking?

http://ballisticscalculator.winchester.com/

Enter the proper height of the dot above the barrel center...

This is probably one of the most helpful piece of information since the OLL situation I have ever recieved from this forum Thank you so much!

M47_Dragon
04-25-2010, 11:51 PM
This is probably one of the most helpful piece of information since the OLL situation I have ever recieved from this forum Thank you so much!

+1. That is a nifty little calculator! Thanks chisel!

chiselchst
04-27-2010, 3:53 AM
Thanks! :43:

Make sure to click on the upper right "View Statictics Chart" for a printable data chart.