PDA

View Full Version : New ACR + 500+ rounds = Range report..

Linkpimp
04-25-2010, 6:11 PM
Hey team..
As discussed the other day here is my range report on my new ACR..

Got to the range at 9:00 am and left @ 3:30 pm, had the opportunity to let a few people try out my ARC as well as shoot well over 500 rounds through her..

(The GOOD!)
The Gun can shoot!.. DAM it's very accurate! I was able to bang the metal plates 300 yards without any issues at all.. I shoot in the prone, sitting, standing and bench, itís way more accurate than my AR is.. The front hand guard never heated up, the Landworld BB worked GREAT and was / is very user friendly, liked the layout, the gun was comfortable to shoot and not one jam the whole day.. Overall the rifle shot as I would have expected it too.. Recoil was a lighter than my AR, but hey itís a 223 not much recoil to begin with anyway..

The trigger was very smooth, all of the controls were very easy to work and its a really fun gun to shoot.. The best part was no more (twang) in my ear.. So long AR buffer spring!...

The (Bad!) or just plain reality depends on how you look at it?.
WOW I paid WAY to much for it!.. NOT worth the price at all.. I wanted to fall in love with it but Iím not!.. This is not a love rifle, that is to say sheís not my baby..
FYI.. Others pointed out they also noticed it was frontend heavy too. They all loved her and that she was cool at crap..

Bottom line:
The only, ONLY things that are really wrong with her / the ACR are the following:
1. Sheís not a well balanced rifle, she is front heavy!..
2. The safety selector switch is CHEEP.. and is going to break within 1 year..

That it..
Me personally have just a different opinion on it. I paid 3k for it and sheís not worth it!.. So Iíll need to either get over it or get rid of it for a loss and suck it up as another life experience.. I just havenít decided with route Iím going to do..

If I could do it over again I would get the SCAR.. Hands down..

Anyway thank you all for your time team, she a GREAT rifle, had a fun time shooting the piss out of her but only worth IMO no more, I say NO MORE than $2,200.00 again just IMPO. Man I really need to build a bridge and get over it.. HHahahahaaa..

P.S. (for what it worth)
The big problem was there was another gentlemen with a new SCAR and he had a FN 2000N.. (Bastard) hahahaa.. No.. He was really cool! and had some *****en cool toys with some TOP $$$ glass, it made my ACOG look like an Eotech.. Anyway after shooting the FN 2000 I had the opportunity to shoot the SCAR..

LOVED IT!... Iím defiantly getting one.. I don't know if Iíll sell my ACR for it (havenít decided if Iím going to keep yet). But Iím defiantly getting a SCAR..

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii195/TDC57/Misc%20photos/IMG_6813.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii195/TDC57/Misc%20photos/IMG_6815.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii195/TDC57/Misc%20photos/IMG_6817.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii195/TDC57/Misc%20photos/IMG_6818.jpg

This is what I call shooting the piss out of your new rifle..

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii195/TDC57/Misc%20photos/IMG_6819.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii195/TDC57/Misc%20photos/IMG_6820.jpg

Iím going to take a shower pour a glass of wine and strip her down in the living room and she how she held up today.. I fully expect her to be very clean (do the gas system) and easy and quick to clean.. If I see something out the ordinary (any wear or tear) Iíll post pics..

Uriah02
04-25-2010, 6:18 PM
Thanks for the report! I was considering SCAR or ACR as my next AR for Xmas.

AlliedArmory
04-25-2010, 6:26 PM
dang should have gone to ASR today to check that badboy out haha

thanks for the range report.

gadjeep
04-25-2010, 6:33 PM
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii195/TDC57/Misc%20photos/IMG_6820.jpg

Love the rifle case. Where did you get that?

chickenfried
04-25-2010, 6:35 PM
he painted a plain rifle case.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=276129

Standard
04-25-2010, 6:37 PM
Thanks for the honest range report. Still a nice rifle, but I can't see myself paying over $1500 or so for a .223 gun (other than some very specific precision builds).

Black Majik
04-25-2010, 6:59 PM
Darn, I just got back from ASR and didn't see you there. I would have loved to check out that ACR! :eek:

Nice range report, glad to see it runs fine and got lots of well deserved attention.

2600fromAtari
04-25-2010, 7:11 PM
Link, thanks for the report! Can you go into a little more detail as to why you feel the SCAR is the better rifle? Thanks.

liberty08
04-25-2010, 7:14 PM
Looks like a cool rifle. 500 rounds.. wow... that is 50 ten round magazines if you didn't reload them at the range! I only have 6 myself.:eek:

richzmn
04-25-2010, 7:23 PM
Great report. Thanks!

The only difference is that I do love my ACR. Also I don't think it's front heavy, I think it's really balanced. As far as the price, you should have waited a week, I got mine for $2100 off GB.

I'm going to add a Eotech XPS in the next week or so. Also it feels good with the solar tactical grip. I also added a Yankee Hill compensator. The rifle works great.

Here's a photo of mine:

Solidsnake87
04-25-2010, 7:24 PM
Thanks for the review. This info is good to know. I was really anticipating the ACR...................Now I've definitely become a SCAR taker. At least if you sell it, you'll easily get the $$$ for a SCAR.

ArkinDomino
04-25-2010, 7:25 PM
It looks like the SCAR is winning my bid for my next $$$ draining gun.

RaceDay
04-25-2010, 7:55 PM
Thank you for the range report. Sounds like a pretty cool range. I enjoy going shooting and having people share their cool toys. Some guy like NRAkid and me shoot his SP89 a few weeks ago. :D

Standard
04-25-2010, 8:26 PM
Don't forget the XCR in the ACR/SCAR debate. It's a lot cheaper with all of the features.

daerror12
04-25-2010, 8:37 PM
Linkpimp I was the guy on your right with the Larue. Thanks for letting me try your ACR. Nice gun

Linkpimp
04-25-2010, 9:15 PM
Thanks for the report! I was considering SCAR or ACR as my next AR for Xmas.

Well you should really try to shot both before making up your mind.. It might surprise you..

dang should have gone to ASR today to check that badboy out haha

thanks for the range report.

Anytime sir.. I'm one the guys who enjoy sharing the toys.. I meet a lot of cool people and get to shoot their toys at the same time.. Win, win I say..

Thanks for the honest range report. Still a nice rifle, but I can't see myself paying over $1500 or so for a .223 gun (other than some very specific precision builds).

Thanks.. it is a great rifle and really fun to shot.. I don’t see it going below $2,000.00 thou.. Only time will tell.. it worth every penny of 2,200.00 thou.. Every penny..

Darn, I just got back from ASR and didn't see you there. I would have loved to check out that ACR! :eek:

Nice range report, glad to see it runs fine and got lots of well deserved attention.

Shot.. sorry we missed.. I was their all day.. you would have been more than welcome to shoot it.. It was a nice day at the range..

Link, thanks for the report! Can you go into a little more detail as to why you feel the SCAR is the better rifle? Thanks.

Then again IMO.. which means nothing but I do know what I like and what I don’t..

The good about the SCAR..
LIGHT!.. WOW the thing is light..
Solid.. this is a well built rifle
Kick / recoil - Non existent
Felt good and comfortable to hold and shoot
Great overall rifle balance

Bad.. Haha.. yes I'm sorry I'm picky.. Hahahhaa..
1. It has a recipitating bolt.. You need to watch were you put your hands

Small Concern.. Barrel.. it looks rather IDK?? thin, it looks like it would heat up real fast?? I do need to research that one..

That's about it thou..

Looks like a cool rifle. 500 rounds.. wow... that is 50 ten round magazines if you didn't reload them at the range! I only have 6 myself.:eek:

Don’t kid yourself.. I only have a few mags.. My thumbs are killing me.. Hahahaa..

Great report. Thanks!

The only difference is that I do love my ACR. Also I don't think it's front heavy, I think it's really balanced. As far as the price, you should have waited a week, I got mine for $2100 off GB.

I'm going to add a Eotech XPS in the next week or so. Also it feels good with the solar tactical grip. I also added a Yankee Hill compensator. The rifle works great.

Here's a photo of mine:

Hey Richzmn.. Cool.. I'm stoked your love it.. I wish I could feel the same way.. I really should have waited the extra few weeks.. It really is a nice gun.. How was your grouping??..

Thanks for the review. This info is good to know. I was really anticipating the ACR...................Now I've definitely become a SCAR taker. At least if you sell it, you'll easily get the $$$ for a SCAR.

Please don’t be so quick to count out the ACR.. It is a fine rifle.. I might have different tastes than you.. Please try to shoot them booth first and then get the SCAR.. Hahahaaa..

Thank you for the range report. Sounds like a pretty cool range. I enjoy going shooting and having people share their cool toys. Some guy like NRAkid and me shoot his SP89 a few weeks ago. :D

It was a GREAT day at the range.. met a lot of cool people, shot some really cool toys and shot the piss out of my rilfe.. all in all a good day..

Fellow CG are the best.. Right on for your guys… Me, If bring it to the range, I’ll pretty much let anyone try it out.. thats the fun part..

Linkpimp I was the guy on your right with the Larue. Thanks for letting me try your ACR. Nice gun

Speaking of meeting some cool guys with cool toys.. Daerror.. what up big guy.. your more than welcome sir.. THANK YOU for letting me have the honor of shooting your awesome stick too..

evidens83
04-25-2010, 9:50 PM
Good report. Shoulda got a SCAR though huh ;)

AlliedArmory
05-20-2010, 1:03 AM
Once I sell my Saiga, my ACR will be on the way.

mossberg500
05-20-2010, 1:19 AM
on pic #5 there is a live round inside that jug full of brass case take a closer look to the mid-far-right

Joe
05-20-2010, 1:35 AM
on pic #5 there is a live round inside that jug full of brass case take a closer look to the mid-far-right

I noticed that too