PDA

View Full Version : Confused...please help if you can

paladin4415
02-28-2006, 6:46 AM
If you own one or more of the "unlisted" lowers everyone is talking about, can you build it into anything if it is listed by DOJ? If listed by DOJ and registered, can it only be a "fixed magazine" ten round rifle or can it be built as a regular aw. I have read everything I can find on forums and on DOJ's website. It seems the best you can hope for is a fixed mag gun. Any Opinions/Thoughts/Help would be great.

Bob

RRangel
02-28-2006, 6:49 AM
Please read:
http://www.calguns.net/a_california_arak.htm

If you own one or more of the "unlisted" lowers everyone is talking about, can you build it into anything if it is listed by DOJ? If listed by DOJ and registered, can it only be a "fixed magazine" ten round rifle or can it be built as a regular aw. I have read everything I can find on forums and on DOJ's website. It seems the best you can hope for is a fixed mag gun. Any Opinions/Thoughts/Help would be great.

Bob

ohsmily
02-28-2006, 6:58 AM
Ramon the Admin should lock this thread.

bwiese
02-28-2006, 8:09 AM
You should be able to build this into a full rifle if and when DOJ lists it as an AW and after you've registered it. For now, either leave it unbuilt, with a fixed nondetachable 10rd or less magazine, or run it without a pistol grip, telestock, etc.

The recent panicky DOJ memo saying otherwise is not founded in law and is attackable on numerous fronts: there is no possible criminal violation for adding or changing features to a registered AW.

For now, this is just a memo. Once a reg period opens, we have a very good chance of getting injunctive relief against any restrictions on registration imposed.

shopkeep
02-28-2006, 10:26 AM
You should be able to build this into a full rifle if and when DOJ lists it as an AW and after you've registered it. For now, either leave it unbuilt, with a fixed nondetachable 10rd or less magazine, or run it without a pistol grip, telestock, etc.

The recent panicky DOJ memo saying otherwise is not founded in law and is attackable on numerous fronts: there is no possible criminal violation for adding or changing features to a registered AW.

For now, this is just a memo. Once a reg period opens, we have a very good chance of getting injunctive relief against any restrictions on registration imposed.

Of course this is assuming we can get them to stop dragging their feet. I get the feeling that they're doing more than putting together a list. They're probably preparing legal briefs (because they'll be going to court for sure) and also badgering the legislature for new legislation. Although I do have to admit that after a read of current legislation it would be somewhat difficult to modify it without MAJOR revision of the penal codes, etc.