PDA

View Full Version : Martial Law in Illinois?

vantec08
04-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Just heard blurb on radio . .. .Nat'l Guard being mobilized for Chicago.

ok, a little more -- - - its a state legislator calling for it. He says "if they can send troops to Iraq, they can send the Guard to Chicago."

Fate
04-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Purpose? Sadly, I doubt it's to hang all of the traitors to the Constitution that reside there.

Rainbow Warrior
04-25-2010, 11:35 AM

ok, a little more -- - - its a state legislator calling for it. He says "if they can send troops to Iraq, they can send the Guard to Chicago."

This guy is a crackpot.:TFH: the last thing you want is one of our cities to be a militarized zone.
Besides guns are illegal and therefor there is no gun related crime.:rolleyes:

tyrist
04-25-2010, 11:42 AM

You obviously have no idea what martial law actually is. It is not the use of military troops.

todd2968
04-25-2010, 12:17 PM
Why do they need Nat Guard in Chicago?

Havoc70
04-25-2010, 12:24 PM
http://www.necn.com/04/25/10/Ford-cites-Iraq-in-call-for-National-Gua/landing_nation.html?blockID=222990&feedID=4207

CCWFacts
04-25-2010, 12:51 PM
This really shows the whole mindset. These are people who would gladly live in a dictatorship, in exchange for a promise of some kind of order and someone to take responsibility for their decisions, their communities, their own lives.

The thing that would fix their communities is widespread CCW. That will make hoodlums think twice, or three times, before trying to rob or intimidate someone. It will make victims not think twice before identifying perpetrators and informing the police.

Cpl. Haas
04-25-2010, 2:51 PM
So, just to clarify... the Guard is not being deployed, and martial law has not been declared... two liberal lawmakers have simply suggested it as a passive-aggressive method of protesting the Iraq War.

Or am I mistaken and the S really has HTF? :p

vantec08
04-25-2010, 3:01 PM
You obviously dont believe its another step in the progression of martial law. And I guarantee you, they WILL disarm. Dream on.

The Director
04-25-2010, 3:01 PM
How bad is it if they're talking about deploying the national guard!!!

wjc
04-25-2010, 3:39 PM
The National Guard will NEVER be needed in Chicago. The have the Chicago Police Dept. *and* a Daley in office! :D

BadIndianSwamp
04-25-2010, 3:51 PM
They are enjoying the benefits of their gun control laws!! I love it.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/04/state-reps-want-to-fight-violence-with-national-guards-help.html

elSquid
04-25-2010, 3:54 PM
You obviously have no idea what martial law actually is. It is not the use of military troops.

Is that where they send married couples out to patrol the streets? The women dispense justice while the men roll their eyes and say "Yes, dear."

-- Michael

383green
04-25-2010, 3:58 PM
Is that where they send married couples out to patrol the streets? The women dispense justice while the men roll their eyes and say "Yes, dear."

-- Michael

You're thinking of marital law, not martial law. It's a common confusion. :p

elSquid
04-25-2010, 3:59 PM

My bad!

:D

-- Michael

M198
04-25-2010, 6:55 PM
"So far this year, 113 people have been killed across Chicago, the same number of U.S. troops killed in Iraq and Afghanistan combined in the same period, Fritchey said.

Just as dangerous to live in Chicago as it is to be deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan. Nice!

THT
04-25-2010, 7:05 PM
So that's why I've got the Guard banging down my door, demanding PMAGs!

:willy_nilly::laugh:

N6ATF
04-25-2010, 7:26 PM
"So far this year, 113 people have been killed across Chicago, the same number of U.S. troops killed in Iraq and Afghanistan combined in the same period, Fritchey said.

Just as dangerous to live in Chicago as it is to be deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan. Nice!

Needs to be more dangerous. Only total suspension of civil rights will meet the goal of Daley and Co; making Chicago the #1 bloodbath capital of the warring and non-warring world.

Trendkill
04-25-2010, 7:59 PM
I hope they do it.....that outta teach the populous of that stupid town what self dis-armament does for ya.

It would be a nice little wake up call for the whole nation.

advocatusdiaboli
04-26-2010, 5:03 AM
This really shows the whole mindset. These are people who would gladly live in a dictatorship, in exchange for a promise of some kind of order and someone to take responsibility for their decisions, their communities, their own lives.

Adolph Hitler got his start during the collapsing Depression-Era Weimar Republic by enlisting people with that mindset to his cause. This just goes to prove human nature doesn't change and, given the right set of circumstances, it can all happen again if we don't stay vigilant.

advocatusdiaboli
04-26-2010, 5:06 AM
[I]Just as dangerous to live in Chicago as it is to be deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan. Nice!

NO it's jsut as dangerous to live in ghetto parts of CHicago like Shy Town. I have relatives in several parts of CHicago and they aren't worried. Those dangerous areas of CHicago are little worse than similar areas in Detroit, LA, NY, and Oakland--even Bay View-Hunter's Point isn't safe.

dfletcher
04-26-2010, 7:45 AM

In that martial law is a bit more lenient and is often ended by something less than death, right? :rolleyes:

Rainbow Warrior
04-26-2010, 11:44 AM
Well King Richard M. Daley says more gun control is needed in Illinois. Maybe an all out ban.:eek:
That is sad because IL. is a red state except Chicago, and that's who controls the vote.:mad: