PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a Ruger LCR today

dotchoy
04-25-2010, 8:48 AM
10 days and counting. Tic Toc Tic Toc.... Wife saw a black and gold Bersa in the shop as well. I think she's finally decided on a gun:) Guy at the shop had nothing but good things to say about the Bersa. Any thoughts?

Gregchico
04-25-2010, 11:29 AM
No horror stories here, everybody I know who has a Bersa 380, likes it. Good luck finding ammo to feed it.

bsg
04-25-2010, 5:27 PM
the bersa is considered to be the "best buy" .380 on the market. the alternative to the bersa could be the sig P230, or the newer sig P232.

-Brady

smokingloon
04-25-2010, 8:27 PM
I have noticed on three Bersas that the slide stop notch gets worn down making it really sensitive to releasing the slide. Just use the sling shot method and you should be fine.

RedFord150
04-25-2010, 9:08 PM
No horror stories here, everybody I know who has a Bersa 380, likes it. Good luck finding ammo to feed it.

Bersa Thunder in Black and Gold myself. I love it. Best gun under $300. Period. Most reviews and actual owners will take the Bersa over the Walther PPK/s. The Walther is over $500 by now.
I just picked up .380 ammo at WalMart. 100 rounds for $31.97.
Gunrunners in Duarte usually has the Cor-Bon DPX in stock. This is your HD ammo.
Turners often has the Bersa on sale for $269.99.
Do a search for Bersa. You will find lots of threads praising it. The only people who kock it are those who've never fired it...

goathead
04-25-2010, 10:05 PM
i would get a bersa

Old4eyes
04-25-2010, 10:33 PM
Fun gun. Would not be my primary choice as a self defense pistol. There are 9mm sub compacts that would fit the bill better, but it is slim, easy to rack and the trigger pull is fairly easy in DA.

If you get one, get snap caps to do a lot of practicing, it helps loosen up the trigger.

The gold on that model does not like Gun Scrubber. Maybe the synthetic Gun Scrubber, but not the original formula, I found out the hard way.

It is accurate. I find that it has a sharp component to the recoil, if I were doing extended shooting with it, I use gloves.

The recoil spring IS NOT SYMMETRICAL. One end is slightly larger in diameter, that's the muzzle side, the snugger end goes towards the breech. Be aware of that on a field strip. Put the recoil spring in backwards and the gun won't like it.

It's a good value gun, Smokingloon makes a good point about the slide lock wearing down - use the slingshot method rather than the slide release.

I picked up different grips and extra magazines from:
http://www.condorsflight.com/

Also check things out at: http://www.bersatalk.com
Although right now, the bersatalk forum looks like it is having issues.

RedFord150
04-26-2010, 8:52 AM
...The gold on that model does not like Gun Scrubber. Maybe the synthetic Gun Scrubber, but not the original formula, I found out the hard way...
I picked up different grips and extra magazines from:
http://www.condorsflight.com/...

The Gold on my Bersa Thunder came off with Breakfree CLP. Gold parts are mostly silver now.

The Condor's Flight is a great source. Thanks for the great tip!