PDA

View Full Version : Saiga question

xbimmers
04-24-2010, 9:09 PM
I have finished up my Saiga conversion.

I can see that my rifle has the threading on the barrel....

Should I cut the shroud off and screw on a flash hider or should I be doing something else?

karl9422
04-24-2010, 9:20 PM
congrats on finishing up your rifle sorry i cant help you with how to cut if off. do you mind sharing how you know you have a threaded barrel?

berg
04-24-2010, 9:23 PM
I can see that my rifle has the threading on the barrel....

Is it at the muzzle?

Cobrafreak
04-24-2010, 11:19 PM
As far as I know there is no threading on a Saiga barrel. You need to cut off about an inch of the metal that protrudes from the front sight. I used a small pipe cutter and lots of oil. Then I purchased the proper left hand thread tool and put on the slant compensator. Looks and works good.

69Mach1
04-24-2010, 11:24 PM
There have been some that got into the US with threaded barrels. OP, just carefully cut away the muzzle shroud. You can leave the orig. front sight base, but will need a crush washer to index the muzzle deivice you want to use correctly.

xbimmers
04-25-2010, 7:49 AM
I can clearly see the "starting" of threading by staring at the muzzle. I can even touch it with my nail. It is there for sure.

well I hope it is.

congrats on finishing up your rifle sorry i cant help you with how to cut if off. do you mind sharing how you know you have a threaded barrel?

karl9422
04-25-2010, 9:07 AM
cool i just picked one up and will have to look and see if i can feel tham thanks

!@#$
04-25-2010, 9:51 AM
There have been some that got into the US with threaded barrels. OP, just carefully cut away the muzzle shroud. You can leave the orig. front sight base, but will need a crush washer to index the muzzle deivice you want to use correctly.

this

it seems many of the newer imports have real military barrels. threaded muzzle,lower handguard retainer cutout, and no stupid chamber step.