PDA

View Full Version : Bluegrass Armory Viper receiver can they be sold in Cali?

MMA Ryan
04-24-2010, 5:04 PM
I purchased Bluegrass Armory receiver several years back before the 50BMG ban. I also purchased another complete 50BMG rifle at the same time. It has been several years later and I have come to the realization that I have way too many projects going on and will probably never complete the Bluegrass Armory Viper. I wanted to know, if I can sell this receiver in California to be completed as a 50DTC rifle? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

jimx
04-24-2010, 5:22 PM
Hay same here.
It should be OK because nowhere on the receiver does it say 50 bmg. However if you registered the reviver as a 50 bmg at the ban you need to unregister it.

DULLYJAY
04-24-2010, 6:29 PM
I got one in safe too.

LoneWolf1
04-24-2010, 6:52 PM
[shameless thread jack]

They make a left handed version :drool5:
http://www.bluegrassarmory.com/viper2_Big.jpg

[end shameless thread jack]

MMA Ryan
04-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Damn, I am not the only one with a lonely receiver in the safe? Any one have an idea of how much the receivers fetch?

CSACANNONEER
04-25-2010, 1:07 PM
Damn, I am not the only one with a lonely receiver in the safe? Any one have an idea of how much the receivers fetch?

How much did you pay for it?

MMA Ryan
04-25-2010, 2:03 PM
How much did you pay for it?

I don't even remember

CSACANNONEER
04-25-2010, 2:13 PM
I'll give you $100 for it. I think I could make it into a lite gun.

You could always call BGA and ask them what it would cost to finish it and then, figure out it's true value to someone who is looking at buying a BGA. BTW, BGA moved recently. I think they are in FL now. Also, they are really nice people. While I have never owned a BGA of any kind, I have spent some time talking with them at SHOT and I would not hesitate doing bussiness with them.

TangoCharlie
04-25-2010, 10:13 PM
I too have said BGA receiver bought before the ban and recently wondered what it would cost to build today.

Viper MSRP was $2895 before, during and well after the ban. And $4195 today.

The receiver gives you a credit of about $300. That's all.