PDA

View Full Version : M1 Garand en-bloc clip

vf111
02-27-2006, 2:52 PM
Has DOJ ever made an "interpretation" as to whether the M1 Garand's en-bloc clip is considered a "detachable magazine"? TIA

blacklisted
02-27-2006, 2:55 PM
Yes, they have:

The Department does not consider the en bloc clips used in the M1 Garand to be ammunition feeding devices because their purpose is to enable the loading of the cartridges into the fixed magazine, rather than into the firing chamber. The revised definition provides the needed distinction between ammunition feeding devices and clips, stripper clips and en
bloc clips, and is consistent with the legislative intent of the statute.

It's also in the law itself (this is from the public comment period).

vf111
02-27-2006, 4:06 PM
I can leave the flash-hider that's part of an M1D on my Garand! Thank you for the info.

HK_Fan
02-27-2006, 8:57 PM
while on the topic. Best place to buy GOOD en bloc clips????

thanks fellas

Rob

Sheldon
02-28-2006, 1:13 AM
I got some from J&G Surplus. They were priced at $49 per hundred with the price dropping to $39 per hundred if you bought at least 300. I got 300 to get the small price break. Cheapest would probably be to get them from someone who doesn't need them!!! Otherwise, your next best bet would be to get ammo loaded up on the clips. The Korean stuff I got on clips and bandolers works well. The brass is reloadable, but the ammo is corrosive (KA headstamp), the PS headstamped stuff is supposed to be non-corrosive. The CMP is selling Greek surplus ammo on the clips and it is non-corrosive and reloadable.....I keep hearing it is really good stuff.

I can sell 100 for $49 shipped which is pretty much my cost if anyone needs that many. I have 200 to sell.