View Full Version : New to Calguns

04-24-2010, 9:07 AM
Over the last couple of months I've found myself spending some of my free time educating myself here at the Calguns website. I finally registered for an account, so I thought I'd introduce myself.

I used to do ALOT of shooting in my younger days, mostly trips to the desert or the Cleveland NF with friends for casual target shooting. I was also big into reloading at the time. For whatever reason, I drifted away for the hobby and hadn't fired a weapon in years.

A little over 3 years ago I purchased a 92FS for my son as he was being deployed (and no, he didn't take it with him, it was more of a symbolic father-son thing) and now that he's a civilian again, I have discovered that I have a very enthusiastic new shooting buddy. We've recently made a couple of trips out to BLM land to do some shooting and for some reason it seems much more enjoyable than I remember.

04-24-2010, 9:10 AM
Welcome back to shooting, and welcome here. There are some great people here, and shooting get together s, and matches to attend.

The Steel madness @ Raahaugees is a great place to meet some folks and have fun shooting plate targets.

04-24-2010, 9:14 AM
Welcome to the forum Socalz.

04-24-2010, 9:41 AM
welcome to the forum; when you go shooting with your son, it is special....

04-24-2010, 4:43 PM
Welcome to CalGuns.

04-24-2010, 4:48 PM

04-24-2010, 5:01 PM
Welcome to CalGuns! Has your son signed up here also?

04-24-2010, 9:54 PM
Welcome to Calguns.

04-24-2010, 9:56 PM
Welcome to CalGuns! Has your son signed up here also?

Thanks for the welcome! As a matter of fact it he signed up here almost a year before me as idler (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/member.php?u=34503). He doesn't post a lot, but I see the he hooked up with another Calgunner to buy the KelTec SU16 he took out to the desert with us last weekend. His best friend is on here too so we have a nice little group to punch some holes in targets on our trips to the desert.

04-27-2010, 4:28 AM
Welcome to CalGuns