PDA

View Full Version : FBI Confirms It: Criminals Ignore Gun Laws

ontargetrange
04-24-2010, 7:59 AM
I know this has been posted before, but we need to make sure that every chance we get a "Politician" receives a copy of this report as a reminder of what Gun Control Really Does

http://www.calgunlaws.com/index.php/articles-memoranda-and-commentary/78-commentary/418.html

FBI Confirms It: Criminals Ignore Gun Laws
Written by Administrator
Monday, 29 November 1999 16:00
FBI STUDY CONFIRMING GUN LAWS IGNORED BY COP KILLERS AND CRIMINALS NOW AVAILABLE
The FBI recently completed a major study of shootings of police officers. Titled 'Violent Encounters: Felonious Assaults on America's Law Enforcement Officers.' Since its publication, the existence of the damning report on the five-year study by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) about how cop-killing criminals ignore gun laws, and where they get their guns, has not been publicized. Calgunlaws.com has one of the first copies of the report obtained publicly.

Review the report Calgunlaws.com in PDF format:

•Chapters 1-3 (4.7M, 14 min @ 56K)
•Chapter 4 (1.8M, 5 min @ 56K)
•Chapters 5-6 (2.8M, 8 min @ 56K)
•Chapter 7 (5M, 15 min @ 56K)
•Chapters 8-9 (2.5M, 7 min @ 56K)

The existence of the report was first discovered by self defense civil rights activists in January 2007 when it was mentioned in a law enforcement newsletter. According to the December 28, 2006 issue of Force Science News, the FBI research focused on 40 incidents involving assaults or deadly attacks on police officers, in which all but one of the guns involved had been obtained illegally, and none were obtained from gun shows.

The Force Science News is published by the Force Science Research Center, a non-profit institution based at Minnesota State University in Mankato. The newsletter quotes Ed Davis, an FBI Criminal Investigative Instructor, who told the International Association of Chiefs of Police that none of these criminals who attacked police officers was 'hindered by any law - federal, sate or local - that has ever been established to prevent gun ownership. They just laughed at gun laws.' The newsletter also stated, 'In contrast to media myth, none of the firearms in the study was obtained from gun shows.'

The report is a 'smoking gun' in terms of revelations about the sources of crime guns and the failure of gun control. Apparently anti-gun owner politicians and police chiefs do not want the public to know the truth as they campaign against the so-called 'gun show loophole'. Now it's time for the IACP leadership, police officials, and political leaders to acknowledge that gun laws don't stop criminals, that they only restrict the rights of law-abiding citizens, and that gun shows are not the 'arms bazaars for criminals' as they have been portrayed.

The FBI's website says that 'Violent Encounters: Felonious Assaults on America's Law Enforcement Officers' is available from the Uniform Crime Reporting Program Office, FBI Complex, 1000 Custer Hollow Road, Clarksburg, WV 26306-0150 or by calling 888-827-6427

maddoggie13
04-24-2010, 8:07 AM
:iagree:

Ding126
04-24-2010, 8:15 AM
Thank you FBI for confirming what all of us here, already knew.

CSACANNONEER
04-24-2010, 8:22 AM
There should be a law against ignoring laws. I'm sure our elected official will spend months writting one up.

Tacom
04-24-2010, 8:31 AM
This is news to me. Criminals break laws? Who would of thought it. /sarcasm

HUTCH 7.62
04-24-2010, 8:34 AM
Really never would of thought criminals would break gun laws:rolleyes:

Ha you should email this to everyone in the CA legislature

twotap
04-24-2010, 8:46 AM
And the Brady bunch
Do it for the children

Roadrunner
04-24-2010, 10:10 AM
Wow, what an

http://marginalizedactiondinosaur.net/wordp/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/epiphany.jpg

k1dude
04-24-2010, 10:10 AM
It took a big study and taxpayer dollars to prove what anyone with common sense already knew. We live in a sea of stupidity.

Mikeb
04-24-2010, 10:50 AM
We are drowning in a sea of stupidity.

Fixed it for you
Mike

nick
04-24-2010, 10:53 AM
It took a big study and taxpayer dollars to prove what anyone with common sense already knew. We live in a sea of stupidity.

It wasn't a waste of taxpayer dollars. These days, with common sense not being very common, it take a study to have a supported argument for something that's common sense. Pity we didn't know about it before.

k1dude
04-24-2010, 10:59 AM
Fixed it for you
Mike

Thanks!

Cokebottle
04-24-2010, 11:02 AM
+10,000,000 (or however much they spent on that study)

k1dude
04-24-2010, 11:02 AM
It wasn't a waste of taxpayer dollars. These days, with common sense not being very common, it take a study to have a supported argument for something that's common sense. Pity we didn't know about it before.

True. I should have said - It's a shame we had to waste taxpayer dollars for the study because common sense is so uncommon in our population.

Ishoot
04-24-2010, 11:04 AM
There should be a law against ignoring laws. I'm sure our elected official will spend months writting one up.

God's own truth right there....made me laugh. :)

limitdown
04-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Really?? criminals don't abide by gun laws??
Wow! who woulda thunk??.....
:90:

BadIndianSwamp
04-24-2010, 11:19 AM
I just emailed the link to Mayor Bloomberg. I know he won't read it, but it made me feel better.

N6ATF
04-24-2010, 11:56 AM
Send it to traitors, and they will use it as toilet paper... they are not idiots. They know gun control only harms law-abiding people, and they want their fellow criminals to live long and prosper. Simple as that.

Ding126
04-24-2010, 1:00 PM
FBI stats have consistantly show crime rates drop with " Shall issue ' states...Does anyone listen to this info??
I'm sure if the stats were oposite the state and brady's would use it.

Tarn_Helm
04-24-2010, 1:12 PM
I know this has been posted before, but we need to make sure that every chance we get a "Politician" receives a copy of this report as a reminder of what Gun Control Really Does

http://www.calgunlaws.com/index.php/articles-memoranda-and-commentary/78-commentary/418.html

FBI Confirms It: Criminals Ignore Gun Laws . . .

Excellent idea to repost this.

Thank you.
:hurray:

vantec08
04-24-2010, 4:21 PM
what did this "study" cost? they could have asked me for nothing.

REH
04-24-2010, 5:03 PM
Gun control laws=votes from the uninformed.

SLYoteBoy
04-24-2010, 5:19 PM
aint nothing but a hurr durr knew this already.

Cobrafreak
04-24-2010, 5:21 PM
I could have told the FBI this! And in case they also want to know, The Moon is in the Sky and Water is Wet! LOL!

yelohamr
04-24-2010, 5:43 PM
The date on that was almost 11 years ago. I'm sure by now, with the advice from the Brady Campaign, criminals have seen the light and obey all gun laws now. :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

JDoe
04-24-2010, 6:10 PM
Find the entire report here Violent Encounters: Felonious Assaults on America’s Law Enforcement Officers (http://www.pdsdc.org/Resources/SLD/Violent%20Encounters,%20A%20Study%20of%20Felonious %20Assaults%20on%20Our%20Nation%27s%20Law%20Enforc ement%20Officers%20by%20DOJ.pdf) and An Overview of Violent Encounters: Felonious Assaults on America’s Law Enforcement Officers in the FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin, January 2007, Volume 76, Number 1 (http://www.fbi.gov/publications/leb/2007/jan2007/jan2007leb.htm#page1)

OneApart
04-24-2010, 6:13 PM

:rofl2: I like it. :D

GotMojo
04-24-2010, 8:00 PM
Violent Encounters: Felonious Assaults on America's Law Enforcement Officers

Emphasis mine. I have not read the report (yet). Does this cover assaults on non-LEO? I think the conclusion that criminals ignore gun laws is pretty obvious. However, from the title it doesn't follow that the same is true for all other forms of assaults. I would be interested in seeing the stats for these kinds of crime as well.

gorblimey
04-24-2010, 9:43 PM
What's all this talk of drowning in stupidity? Gun control has nothing to do with misapplied logic, lack of information, or anything else that can be rectified with reasoned discourse.

Gun control is a calculated and deliberate component of the totalitarian trifecta: a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace.

I will admit that some low-level barking moonbats honestly believe that disarming the law-abiding is a win for public safety, but these people tend to have insurmountable cognitive deficiencies (i.e. talking to them is a waste of time) and are mere useful idiots* to the plutocrats pursuing totalitarian control.

* - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot

Cokebottle
04-24-2010, 9:53 PM
You are 100% correct...

The "stupidity" is on the part of the public who allow themselves to be talked into supporting the draconian measures.

When the public tide turns after people realize what is happening, those in power simply pull up the election results or polling numbers from when the measures were passed and claim "Look, you are in support of this".

Glock-matic
04-24-2010, 10:16 PM
I think I will do a follow up study, "Politicians pass laws because they receive a large amount of money from special interest groups bent on denying everyone their god given rights" or "Money talks, common sense walks" or "Politicians care more for the rights of immigrants here illegaly than law-abiding, tax paying, citizens."

HUTCH 7.62
04-25-2010, 12:26 AM
I think the FBI is a bunch of liars making pot legal and giving amnesty to illegal immigrants will solve all our problems

TenSeven
04-25-2010, 1:51 AM
I think the FBI is a bunch of liars making pot legal and giving amnesty to illegal immigrants will solve all our problems

The FBI is least of CA's worries.

The pol's in control of the FBI are the issue.

Stealth
04-25-2010, 4:20 AM
Unfortunately - Criminals Ignore gun laws says the FBI. But lawmakers ignore the FBI. (otherwise we wouldn't be seeing waves of gun laws being passed or attempted to be passed)

Brianguy
04-25-2010, 4:47 AM
BS. I always legally purchase my murder weapons. I save the receipts for tax write offs.