PDA

View Full Version : x300 on sig p226 question

Cpl_Peters
04-24-2010, 2:44 AM
so i bought an x300 and have it mounted on my Sig p226R for my night stand gun. I have had it on there for about a year and it serves its purpose awesome but i have one complaint. when mounted on the pistol it seams to wiggle around a bit. it isnt anything that would make it come off but it rattles alittle bit. i dont have this problem when i throw it on my G23. its not the end of the world but its just one of those things i am picky about, i like things to be tight and snug. any ideas why its like this?

uhmeebuh
04-24-2010, 1:28 PM
I"m sure a little electrical tape on the top of the light (between the gun and the light) will tighten it up. Inconvenient but it'll get the job done!

Or sell it and buy a TLR-1 and spend the rest on ammo :D

L-2
04-24-2010, 4:36 PM
Try the Picatinny adapter/part. The X300 comes with two types of attachment parts for universal (which fits standard Glock rails) and a Picatinny-sized rail adapter (which is slightly larger). This SIG's slot may be Picatinny-sized and fit the alternative attachment part better.http://images.knifecenter.com/knifecenter/surefire/images/x300.jpg
See that bottom attachment plate with the "U" on it (beneath the "SF" logo near the hinge)? There should also be one which came with the light with a "P" on it.

If the "P"icatinny one is too large, then the rail's slot is inadvertently sized in between and the smaller "U" part will have to do (as I'm using on another railed non-SIG gun I have).

Please note, I don't have one of these SIG P226 guns.

(photos of Surefire X300 from knifecenter.com)

localguy
04-24-2010, 5:10 PM
If you use the "lock" adapter portion and tighten it with the hex key when its on your rail, you should have no problems. I run my P226 blackwater like that with no issues. A little wobble occurs after a long day of shooting, but all ya gotta do is re-tighten.