PDA

View Full Version : Glendale mayor propose banning of gunshows

Hitman
02-27-2006, 12:15 PM
I just looked at the http://cbs2.com/homepage
under the video and there was a segment that the Glendale Mayor was proposing a ban of gunshows in the city and that it was going up fora vote tomorrow!!!!:mad: :eek:

Anyone else hear about this?

LOW2000
02-27-2006, 12:19 PM
Over the past 20 years, crime has not decreased, yet the number of gun laws and bans continues to grow. Coincidence, I think not.:(

RRangel
02-27-2006, 12:28 PM
Well if you're a resident you definately know who not to vote for. By all means let the Mayor know. I'll let the Mayor know even though I'm not a resident.

This is more anti-human right propoganda from another leftist in office. It seems that these people will not be satisfied until they can relegate every citizen down to the level of treatment they give a first grader in one of their public schools, or even less.

6172crew
02-27-2006, 12:38 PM
He looks like a commie.:rolleyes:
http://www.ci.glendale.ca.us/mgmt-svcs/city_council.asp
http://www.ci.glendale.ca.us/mgmt-svcs/images/City_Council_2005.jpg

blacklisted
02-27-2006, 2:38 PM
I just witnessed the great purge. ;)

How many cities/counties have gunshow bans? I know Alameda County does (at least at the Alameda County Fairgrounds).

Richard
02-27-2006, 2:49 PM
LA COUNTY.....AKA Pomona Fairgrounds,GREAT WESTERN GUNSHOW....one of the best gun shows of all time, Remember several buildings,and outside vendors......man it pisses me of.....the money it brought the county and they still shut it down....those Mo&^#$ Fu*@34s.:mad:

Pablo
02-27-2006, 3:05 PM
WOW... you removed that post really fast Ramon! I was going to reply to this thread but the post is now gone! :eek:

RRangel
02-27-2006, 3:08 PM
LA COUNTY.....AKA Pomona Fairgrounds,GREAT WESTERN GUNSHOW....one of the best gun shows of all time, Remember several buildings,and outside vendors......man it pisses me of.....the money it brought the county and they still shut it down....those Mo&^#$ Fu*@34s.:mad:

Not to mention the 6 million dollars the county gave away behind closed doors to get rid of the gun show. For some reason we always here how they have none of our tax payers money left.

I really hope the people in Glendale let the Mayor know this isn't wanted.

bg
02-27-2006, 3:41 PM
One of the oldest gunshops in SoCal is there. I hope
they get on the ball, but ya never know..
www.kingsgunworks.com

Mesa Tactical
02-27-2006, 4:42 PM
Over the past 20 years, crime has not decreased, yet the number of gun laws and bans continues to grow. Coincidence, I think not.:(

Actually, crime in America is near an all-time (or post-WWII) low right now.

Mesa Tactical
02-27-2006, 4:43 PM

Money it brought the county? Do you think the Supes cared about that? It cost them MILLIONS to shut down the gun shows because of the breach of contract.

ckd
02-27-2006, 4:57 PM

those were the days. :(

grammaton76
02-27-2006, 5:54 PM
One of the oldest gunshops in SoCal is there. I hope
they get on the ball, but ya never know..
www.kingsgunworks.com

Gun shops are rarely fans of the competition generated by gun shows, you know... at least, in my experience.

LOW2000
02-27-2006, 6:09 PM
If anyone that saw my post thinks it is in any way false, the statement was made based on firsthand knowledge and if you don't believe me and have any friends in the Secret Service, Department of Insurance, CIA, FBI, or NICB, ask one of them if i'm wrong...

EBWhite
02-27-2006, 6:40 PM
Guys, This show is one of the last ones in LA county. Are we going to allow this to happen or do something about it tomorrow night? We always talk about stopping this crap, yes crap, but nobody wants to stand up to those to try to take our rights away.

kantstudien
02-27-2006, 7:07 PM
Oh no! Where will I find my jerky now? :rolleyes:

Uberdummy
02-27-2006, 7:23 PM
Gun shops are rarely fans of the competition generated by gun shows, you know... at least, in my experience.
the anchor woman said he is pushing to have the sale of guns banned in the city thus making gun shows illegal. sounds like a complete sale ban to me. hopefully it was just worded strangely.

EBWhite
02-27-2006, 7:48 PM
Once again the media worded it wrongly, The ban details can be found here:
http://www.ci.glendale.ca.us/government/council_packets/Reports_022806/CC_8a_022806.pdf

And the jerky comment, don't come crying to me when your getting the door knocked down and the police are taking your guns away...

ajwells
02-27-2006, 7:59 PM
I work in Glendale, I really hate it there.

Builder
02-27-2006, 8:08 PM
I'll be there and loaded for bear. ;)
Builder

EBWhite
02-27-2006, 9:04 PM
im writing a speech right now, if i can find some support i will be giving it tomorrow. i will post it soon.

sinner
02-28-2006, 9:45 AM
I'm all for speaking up against this and stopping it, but wouldnt a person have to be a Glendale resident in order to have the city coucil pay any attention to them?

*edit*
The ordinance mentions a "target range operated by the Glendale PD"...where is this located?

EBWhite
02-28-2006, 10:20 AM
I'm a resident of kern, my parents live in glendale and i atttened glendale college. Anyone can speak, i called. I hear gunshots sometimes echoing, i think it is above the 2 freeway... between mountain and verdugo...id like to find the definate location though.

jnojr
02-28-2006, 12:04 PM
There's a show this weekend. Someone really should get on board with the RKBA petition and spread word about this... get lots of angry glendale residents involved, calling and writing the City Council to let them know that they'll be voted out of office for this.

But my prediction is that nobody can be bothered to attend. Oh, well. I tried.

ajwells
02-28-2006, 12:09 PM
I really hope this thing doesn't pass, my main two gun stores are in Glendale. I don't know where I'll go instead.

jnojr
02-28-2006, 12:10 PM
I really hope this thing doesn't pass, my main two gun stores are in Glendale. I don't know where I'll go instead.

How about helping out with the RKBA petition (http://www.reformcagunlaws.com/)? Get some petition forms into those stores. Get a table at the show to spread awareness about this looming ban.

Does anyone have a link to the story? I can't find it by searching that site.

ajwells
02-28-2006, 2:22 PM
If this passes, will the march 4/5 show be cancelled? Or does it take longer to go into effect?

Builder
02-28-2006, 9:10 PM
We won.
They pulled the proposal. 3 of 5 stated that they would vote NO now and anytime in the future. Only the mayor still wanted the ban.
Great work everyone!! The NRA was there!
Builder

LOW2000
03-01-2006, 1:29 PM
Thats certainly a breath of fresh air.

Charliegone
03-01-2006, 5:38 PM
Well, that is great news!