PDA

View Full Version : Who will ship to CA...

mike452
02-27-2006, 9:42 AM
Since most of you have received your lowers, lets list some of the companies that were willing to ship to CA.

shopkeep
02-27-2006, 9:47 AM
I noticed <FFL> has Bushmaster. Will they ship the offlist Carbon-15 stripped recievers? It has recently been discovered that the Carbon-15 is, in fact, an offlist reciever and Bushmaster has been selling it stripped since 1/1/06. Might have to give <FFL> a call...

edited to prevent DOJ surveilence.

RRangel
02-27-2006, 9:49 AM
Ok we've been through this before. Everyone needs to be aware that this situation is viewed as a potential problem for some businesses. There will be no posting of information regarding dealers when you do not have specific permission to give out their info and put them on the skyline.

mike452
02-27-2006, 12:21 PM
Okay.. I'll obey the rules.
I think he will ship the Carbons, but make sure your FFL is comfortable with it.

I have been trying to get some Megas and Wilson Tacticals.
Please PM me if you have info. Thanks!

KrazyKevy
02-27-2006, 12:45 PM
Please PM me also! I need some info.

shopkeep
02-27-2006, 1:41 PM
Okay.. I'll obey the rules.
I think he will ship the Carbons, but make sure your FFL is comfortable with it.

I have been trying to get some Megas and Wilson Tacticals.
Please PM me if you have info. Thanks!

Exercise caution with Wilson Tacticals. At least one DOJ agent has publically state that the Wilson Tactical is "already on the list". Personally I KNOW that's BS because Wilson Tactical is _NOT_ Wilson Combat... but I wouldn't want to become a test case either.

GTKrockeTT
02-27-2006, 1:51 PM
^^
did you not read the Admin's post? ;)

Ok we've been through this before. Everyone needs to be aware that this situation is viewed as a potential problem for some businesses. There will be no posting of information regarding dealers when you do not have specific permission to give out their info and put them on the skyline.

RedBluff
02-27-2006, 1:58 PM
^^
did you not read the Admin's post? ;)

I thought he meant Cali FFL's not the makers.
Sorry, if I read it wrong.

Kinda piss's me off, the thought that as freemen we have to play a friggin game with the f'in government to buy something that allows us to excersise a God given right.

tenpercentfirearms
02-27-2006, 2:12 PM
Good luck finding lowers in stock. FFL dealers pretty much buy them out right away. The off-list companies are sold out and most of their orders go to a few large suppliers to be sold off from there. Good luck.

mike452
02-27-2006, 3:30 PM
There are still lowers out there. I know GSE and GT still have lowers.

Those dealers that don't know what is going on in CA might have them at the normal price. ;)

GTKrockeTT
02-27-2006, 3:34 PM
There are still lowers out there. I know GSE and GT still have lowers.

Those dealers that don't know what is going on in CA might have them at the normal price. ;)

and, they likely won't sell to us either.;)

mike452
02-27-2006, 3:43 PM
Oh.. yes they will... :D

and, they likely won't sell to us either.;)

Mig29Arms
02-27-2006, 4:25 PM
Check out www.gunbroker.com

Type in "ca lower"

There are still several vendors shipping to california. :cool:

Hopi
02-27-2006, 4:31 PM
There also still exists a couple of lowers that have never once been spoken of or seen in KA commerce, I was waiting for this DOJ crap to shake out before importing a couple. Remember, there are lots of rabbit holes out there...

xenophobe
02-27-2006, 5:45 PM
GSE said they're not selling all of their lowers because they need receivers for their own complete rifles...

shooterx10
02-28-2006, 11:40 AM
Check out www.gunbroker.com

Type in "ca lower"

There are still several vendors shipping to california. :cool:

You can type "stripped lower" and get more hits, but you'll have to wade through the ON-LIST receivers auctions i.e. DPMS, Bushie, etc. to find the ones that are NOT on the list (Stag, Superior Arms, etc.).

However, I did find one other off-list company that has them available online (subject to change without notice, of course ;) ). They are selling their stripped receivers for $128 and that is Grizzly LAR.

I have seen these receivers and have a very nice finish and sheen compared to the Stag and Double Stars.

xenophobe
02-28-2006, 11:48 AM
LAR will not ship to California.

shooterx10
02-28-2006, 2:07 PM
LAR will not ship to California.

Xenophobe,

When did this happen? That's kinda funny cuz I saw a few at a FFL's office. I thought SJ Gun Exchange had them in stock?

http://www.largrizzly.com/images/lower.jpg

grammaton76
02-28-2006, 2:24 PM
Xenophobe,

When did this happen? That's kinda funny cuz I saw a few at a FFL's office. I thought SJ Gun Exchange had them in stock?

Manufacturers typically will not ship to CA. They have to be sold to a distributor which is willing to ship to an FFL here in California. Or, you have an FFL which buys them from other FFL's or whatnot, or at a branch of their business which is outside of CA.

tenpercentfirearms
02-28-2006, 2:24 PM
I have seen a few Grizzleys too, but that does not mean they ship to California. That means a middle man has them shipped to an out of state FFL then that out of state FFL ships them in to the CA FFL. That is exactly what I had to do on my first 110 stags I brought in.

Again, getting people to deal directly with California is not as easy as it sounds. Then when they do, some dealer goes and buys them all up immediately and forces you to go through them. Business is hell.

phish
02-28-2006, 2:54 PM
I give a thumbs up to Lauer, don't they ship directly to CA per the SHOT thread?

I don't know if xenophobe's "score" ships directly, but if they do, then props to them. :)

shopkeep
02-28-2006, 2:56 PM
I have seen a few Grizzleys too, but that does not mean they ship to California. That means a middle man has them shipped to an out of state FFL then that out of state FFL ships them in to the CA FFL. That is exactly what I had to do on my first 110 stags I brought in.

Again, getting people to deal directly with California is not as easy as it sounds. Then when they do, some dealer goes and buys them all up immediately and forces you to go through them. Business is hell.

I will not mention his name, but there is one manufacturer who has not only come forward, but given the DOJ a day of reckoning. This said individual has manufactured and imported AT LEAST 1,200 recievers into the state and shows no sign of stopping any time soon.

RedBluff
02-28-2006, 7:59 PM
I will not mention his name, but there is one manufacturer who has not only come forward, but given the DOJ a day of reckoning. This said individual has manufactured and imported AT LEAST 1,200 recievers into the state and shows no sign of stopping any time soon.

Somebody has to strap'em on.

xenophobe
02-28-2006, 8:10 PM
Xenophobe,

Yes, just because we might have them, and others may sell them here, LAR will not directly sell to California.

I have a couple of manufacturers that are not only happy to do business with us, but are doing their best to make sure we get shipments at the sacrifice of other states.

TacFan
03-01-2006, 9:52 AM
can someone please pm me with some info. I want to get in on this before it's too late.

thanks
Z