PDA

View Full Version : How do I lookup the status of conviction.

Mstrty
04-23-2010, 5:08 PM
I was a witness to a bad guy 8 years ago and testified against him. He is in the big house I'm told for another 8 years. All I have is his First and Last name, Courthouse we were in and date I was there to testify. How can I find out more. Like his inmate number and all court records for that case. What PC was he charged with. Id like to also have the transcript of the case. What are my options.

HowardW56
04-23-2010, 5:19 PM
I was a witness to a bad guy 8 years ago and testified against him. He is in the big house I'm told for another 8 years. All I have is his First and Last name, Courthouse we were in and date I was there to testify. How can I find out more. Like his inmate number and all court records for that case. What PC was he charged with. Id like to also have the transcript of the case. What are my options.

You can go to the clerk at the courthouse ask, but after 8 years the files are are probably archived somewhere...

The transcript probably isn't available, unless there was an appeal.

To locate the inmate http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Visitors/Inmate_Locator.html

BigDogatPlay
04-23-2010, 5:58 PM
The court record and transcript are still public records and the clerk has to produce them on proper request. Even if they are archived, on microfilm or buried in a salt mine.

I am sure they would probably ream you a pretty good fee per page for copying. The full transcript of the trial could run many hundreds of pages. If you only want your testimony I'd wager it wouldn't be a huge cost.