PDA

View Full Version : M44 help please

KaLiFORNIA
04-23-2010, 5:03 PM
I was lucky enough to get a m44 grandfathered to me but the little j hook at the bottom of the fixed 5 round mag is broken so if I put more than one round the bottom of the mag opens and the rounds fall out so I took it toa gun smith and he said it would cost more to fix than it's worth!! He said to consiter going with a detachable mag but I've never seen one. Help please

Daniel Hunter
04-23-2010, 5:08 PM
Do you mean a Mosin Nagant M44?

Sounds like you just need a new floorplate latch....

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=3256

(page three in that listing)

gun toting monkeyboy
04-23-2010, 5:10 PM
He is a moron. Go look on e-gunparts and find the latch. A Mosin Nagant can normally be repaired in the field by an illiterate Russian peasant. Get the part, and figure out which pin needs to be tapped out to replace it. or just order a new magazine floor plate. Igonre the doofus claiming to be a gun smith. He has no idea what he is talking about.

KaLiFORNIA
04-23-2010, 6:00 PM
Thanks!!!

mls343
04-23-2010, 6:08 PM
Floor plate replacements are no problem. If you have any mechanical know how, it will be a no brainer.

Fate
04-23-2010, 9:13 PM
It's not the floorplate that needs replacing, it's just the latch. It comes off with the removal of a tiny screw. 5 minute repair INCLUDING taking the magazine/triggerguard assembly off the stock. Part is cheap too.

fastkevin
04-24-2010, 1:00 AM
I was lucky enough to get a m44 grandfathered to me but the little j hook at the bottom of the fixed 5 round mag is broken so if I put more than one round the bottom of the mag opens and the rounds fall out so I took it toa gun smith and he said it would cost more to fix than it's worth!!
That's gotta be the longest sentence I've seen.:eek:

KaLiFORNIA
04-24-2010, 8:56 AM
Sorry I'm on my phone LOL.