PDA

View Full Version : What optic for my 6.8?

ChrisO
04-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Building a 6.8 AR. I planned on running a 18 inch SPR barrel but the gun will be pulling double duty as a coyote gun and other varmint as well as deer and some carbine classes in the future so the extra heft may not be needed. I want a decent scope to top it with but not sure on how to mount it. Does anyone make a decently priced quick detach scope mount? As I would like to be able to take the scope off quick and throw on my eotech quick and throw on the scope again with out loosing zero. Not looking to break the bank but I'm thinking of a busy elite. 3-9 or even a 2-7 would probably do.

till44
04-23-2010, 12:13 PM
Depends on what your definition of "decently priced" is. I'd go with a Larue mount ($195-275), you can't beat the quality of the product or the customer service. I have taken my Larue mounts/scopes off and on my rifles several times with no problem. They are currently backlogged 7-14 days on a fewmounts but are worth the wait.

ChrisO
04-24-2010, 9:24 AM
I'm thinking a leupold vx-II 1-4 on a larue mount would make a nice little set up for a 6.8 AR.

nrakid88
04-24-2010, 9:31 AM
Please don't go leupold. That company is out of its mind. So much money and they can't give you a mil reticle with mil-knobs or a moa reticle with moa knobs. They have lost touch. Check out the Vortex Optics Viper PST 2.5-10x44mm scope. It hasn't been released yet, but you can pre-order it like I have. Soooo many features, made in Japan, good company, I believe a lifetime warranty, and only $600. That with a Larue mount would own.