PDA

View Full Version : would this be ca legal

Minc.
02-26-2006, 6:57 PM
was wondering if this setup would be legal for svd tiger romak style rifles http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6dc07b3127cce973fbc8b726c00000016100AcsW7lkzaMW Ig
if so where would 1 aquire a stock like that?
and how would 1 aquire the reciver?

C.G.
02-26-2006, 7:12 PM
That looks like a flash hider, if it is it would not be legal.

Minc.
02-26-2006, 7:14 PM
so minuse the hider it would be good to go? couldnt find a pic without the hider

shopkeep
02-26-2006, 9:48 PM
without the hider it would be good to go. People are already putting vertical grip stocks on M-14s and just the other day I saw a design for one that fit the Robinson Arms M-96.

EBWhite
02-26-2006, 10:16 PM
where did you get the photo of this gun from?

The receviers can be purchased from various dealers, most out of stock right now or unwilling to send to california.

Charliegone
02-27-2006, 1:04 AM
Thats not the same as the "romak 3" type receivers. That one in that picture is a true dragunov. The romanian one is different and uses parts similar to the ak. Expect to pay high bucks for a true dragunov. Also, with no flash hider it would be perfectly legal.:D

donger
02-27-2006, 8:55 AM
without the hider it would be good to go. People are already putting vertical grip stocks on M-14s and just the other day I saw a design for one that fit the Robinson Arms M-96.

Shopkeep do you happen to have a link to the RobArms stock?

blacklisted
02-27-2006, 9:50 AM
Shopkeep do you happen to have a link to the RobArms stock?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=29323

donger
02-27-2006, 9:55 AM
Thank you Brad!

Sure looks legal to me.

Minc.
02-27-2006, 5:19 PM
where did you get the photo of this gun from?

The receviers can be purchased from various dealers, most out of stock right now or unwilling to send to california.

http://www.dragunov.net/tiger_custom.htm

any links for that stock and a reciver?

ALTSEC972
03-06-2006, 12:39 PM
LOOKING MYSELF.... Anyone know where to find a stock like this for AK series???

Also, would anyone know which lower they match to? I know the holes are different with each variation of lower (CZ/ Polish/ Romanian/ etc.)

Charliegone
03-06-2006, 8:41 PM
Well...basically it doesn't exist in the us since they only imported these rifles and not parts...you could get a saiga stock which are available at krebs (I think).

Chaingun
03-07-2006, 6:33 AM
was wondering if this setup would be legal for svd tiger romak style rifles http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6dc07b3127cce973fbc8b726c00000016100AcsW7lkzaMW Ig
if so where would 1 aquire a stock like that?
and how would 1 aquire the reciver?

Your stock design is similar to the Saga hunting rifle based on the AK receiver, and banned for that reason.

Good to go.

CRTguns
03-07-2006, 9:31 AM
Anyone remember Saiga rifles?... they are the same as the one pictured... And they are not legal. They have no pistol grip- only a conventional rifle stock, but by association with izmash and kalasnikov, because the armory that made them was mentioned specifically in the first assaultt ban.
Dont underestimate the DOJ's ability to stretch the law.

ALTSEC972
03-07-2006, 11:36 AM
So then would a Saiga stock be illegal? I understand what you both are saying.... but I don't think extraneous parts from saiga would be listed on the banned list, (like stocks).

So if I wanted to find one, or have one custom built, who should I speak to?

They may be on the banned list, but remember, if I were to build this up from a perfectly legal, "off list" AK receiver (Romak?), provided I utilized the legal constraints provided about "dangerous features" (pistol grips, bayonet lugs, flash hiders, vertical foregrips, etc) one could reasonably assume that this type of stock would be legal to put on an AK, and still have detachable mags.

Am I wrong in this assumption??? (and obviously, I am not referring to the flash hider being included on it, as someone else stated earlier)

Is it wrong to assume that a stock from a "banned AW" used on an off list lower means almost nothing?

Charliegone
03-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Kalashnikov is named Izmash is not. If it isn't under the CA aw list as in manufacturer and model than it is legal here. KalashinikovUSA saiga/hunter rifle is listed in the AW list. Others like EAA are not and are legal. The problem is finding a willing ffl, ignorant cops, ignorant DOJ agents, etc.

ALTSEC972
03-07-2006, 11:46 AM
charlie, how do you figure?

I am not referring to building from a listed lower. I can build this up from any lower, and put any stock set I want on it, provided I fulfill my obligations to follow those offensive features laws.

So I can take a Saiga hunter stock and put it on an offlist lower with detachable mags, and be legit. Right?

Or did DOJ ban the Saiga hunter stock, along with the lower?