PDA

View Full Version : What does the Brady Campaign expect you to do for self-defense?

firearmenthusiast
04-22-2010, 8:57 PM
I know the Brady Campaign is deceptively anti-gun while trying to say they are not. I'm just curious, have those bunch ever said anything about what people should do for self-defense? Granted police cannot protect you and have no legal right to, and that criminals have guns, it seems like they indirectly advocate either being a victim or using your hands and feet. Does anyone have any idea what their take on self-defense is on this foolery?

thebronze
04-22-2010, 8:59 PM
What does the Brady Campaign expect you to do for self-defense?

They expect you to die.

stormy_clothing
04-22-2010, 9:00 PM
They expect you to die.

http://www.piratesk12site.net/goldfinger2.jpg

Mr Bond.

barthel
04-22-2010, 9:03 PM
They expect you to die.

Hopefully at the hand of someone with a gun so it will further their cause.:(

timmyb21
04-22-2010, 9:05 PM

Mr Bond.

:smilielol5:

That's the first thing that popped into my head!!

hoozaru
04-22-2010, 9:09 PM
they expect you to bend over and obey, or cry like a little girl while the intruders treat your wife and daughters like plastic love dolls.

tell the brady bunch to Go F themselves.

RRangel
04-22-2010, 9:29 PM
The so called Brady Campaign is a top down organization run by disingenuous elitist clowns. This organization is certainly no champion of self defense. They only try and implement every and all things needed to remove our rights. The silence regarding our defense is deafening.

GuyW
04-22-2010, 9:39 PM
Does anyone have any idea what their take on self-defense is on this foolery?

Bend over and kiss your #$% goodbye?

GuyW
04-22-2010, 9:41 PM
they expect you to bend over and obey, or cry like a little girl while the intruders treat your wife and daughters like plastic love dolls.

tell the brady bunch to Go F themselves.

Yeah, I'd like to direct the worst criminal scum to their houses (without guns, of course)...

pointedstick
04-22-2010, 9:52 PM
Here's what Pete Shields (founder of Handgun Control Inc., the group that would be renamed to the Brady Campaign) had to say on the subject in his 1981 book, Guns Don't Die, People Do:

As police officers have said for years, the best defense against injury is to put up no defense—give them what they want, or run, This may not be "macho" but it can keep you alive. (page 125)

I wrote a review of this book here (http://gunsandbullets.wordpress.com/2010/04/22/book-review-guns-dont-die-—-people-do/).

formula502
04-22-2010, 9:56 PM
Wow, this is an excellent question! I'm surprised that we don't already know their straight faced answer.

"Dear Brady Campaign. I'm very concern for my daughter's personal safety as her work frequently brings her to questionable areas where police resources are stretched rather thin these days. Carrying a gun for self defense is out of the question, so I'm curious as to what suggestions you could offer us on how she could protect herself if necessary. What's the current best practice? I'm reaching out to you because I'm sure you have dealt with this question quite often."

I mean really... what would they suggest? How could they give an answer that does not sound ridiculous?

Take Jiu Jitsu clases?
Carry a whistle?
Just watch over your shoulder?

Full Clip
04-22-2010, 10:01 PM
Harsh language, or, of course, you can appeal to your attacker's inner morality — with tears, begging, money, etc.

Gryff
04-22-2010, 10:27 PM
My theory about the Brady Bunch (and the anti- crowd) is that they are cowards. And because they are too fearful to defend themselves, they therefore expect everyone else to be equally as helpless.

Hogxtz
04-22-2010, 10:30 PM
It would be interesting to conduct an experiment to find out if Helmke can practice what he preaches. Confront him on the street and stop him. Explain to him that he is going to be slapped in the face, and continued slaping in the face untill he reaches up to stop it. Than a stern "I told you so" about the laws of nature and the right, and need, for self defense. Nah, who am I kidding, he would just curl up in the fetal position and suck his thumb.

POLICESTATE
04-22-2010, 10:32 PM
They expect you to dial 911 and wait patiently for help to arrive :rolleyes:

One might hope that some of the Brady Bunch are put into a position where they will have to do just that, except that would be a low blow. Still, if it happened I would be amused by the irony.

stormy_clothing
04-22-2010, 10:39 PM
A friend of mine was an instructor for women of questionable nature, of all of the attacks these women got into the worst were the ones where they tried to fight back with a pistol, 85% of them were disarmed and many were shot by there own guns.

Running is usually the best thing to do in all honesty, most people obviously have never shot at a real person and it's not as easy as people say they think it is.

The time to use a weapon really is defending other people, I'll say in most cases not all.

But Brady has no authority they weren't elected and there policies nationwide are not supported by the majority.

For some reason the word dictator comes to mind when thinking about them.

big red
04-22-2010, 10:40 PM
They have no answer except help the criminal rob you or run and hope you do not get shot in the back. As for your wife and daughters they don't care how many of them get raped as long as it isn't their daughters and wives. You are nothing to the Brady Campaign and the sooner people realize that the sooner people are going to revolt against the Brady bunch. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU, YOUR FAMILY, YOUR PROPERTY, OR YOUR LIVES AS LONG AS THEY GET THEIR WAY IN OUTLAWING GUNS. What part of that doesn't anyone understand?

POLICESTATE
04-22-2010, 10:41 PM

Hmmm, I've never thought of that one before but it does seem to fit. The word that always came to my mind was "whack-jobs"

berto
04-22-2010, 10:48 PM
The thought that any of us might need defend ourselves never crossed their minds. They operate in a fairytale world where the end of private gun ownership will end all crime. They will of course have armed security guards in case they're wrong. The rest of us need only comply with whatever the deranged maniac requests as we wait for the police to arrive.

kap
04-22-2010, 11:05 PM
That's easy. They don't care about self defense.

The Brady Campaign believes that if there were no guns in the world then there would be no gun violence.

no guns = no guns violence. Can't argue with that.

The problem is that it's a simple though illogical agenda because the way they sell it and I believe what they actually think they are trying to accomplish:

no guns = no violence. That is simply not true.

cbn620
04-22-2010, 11:12 PM
I know the Brady Campaign is deceptively anti-gun while trying to say they are not. I'm just curious, have those bunch ever said anything about what people should do for self-defense? Granted police cannot protect you and have no legal right to, and that criminals have guns, it seems like they indirectly advocate either being a victim or using your hands and feet. Does anyone have any idea what their take on self-defense is on this foolery?

I think part of it--at least amongst casual supporters-- is that they still believe the police can protect everyone, everywhere. What does that say about their solution? Mental exercise here, of course I'm not saying the police are responsible for every murder: But if the answer is to get rid of privately owned firearms and put crime prevention entirely in the hands of police-- and in many metro areas they have pretty much done just that-- I fail to see how America's pro-gun control crowd can escape this fundamental flaw in their reasoning. People are still dying from gun violence in places they have for the most part outlawed guns. This is the reality. Thus they are virtually defeating their own argument that banning guns works, and making a tacit proclamation that law enforcement bears the responsibility for crime.

N6ATF
04-23-2010, 9:46 AM
They expect you to die.

Mr Bond.

Precisely.

The Brady Campaign for Criminal Safety and Victim Disarmament Enabling Genocide.

tombinghamthegreat
04-23-2010, 9:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dCkm0VjF_k

Maybe this might be their view of a gun store?

fullrearview
04-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Here's what Pete Shields (founder of Handgun Control Inc., the group that would be renamed to the Brady Campaign) had to say on the subject in his 1981 book, Guns Don't Die, People Do:

I wrote a review of this book here (http://gunsandbullets.wordpress.com/2010/04/22/book-review-guns-dont-die--people-do/).

This is so far from the truth. History has show that running causes death more often than not. We are preditors by nature. 90% killing on the battlefield throughout time, has happened after one army retreated(excluding WWI, due to the machine gun and old school tactics). The real killing began in the pursuit. Scientist believe its because of our natural instinct to hunt, chase and kill our prey.

When you fight, you have a fighting chance. You just need to know when to strike!

Big Jake
04-23-2010, 10:09 AM
They expect you to call the police after the fact! :iamwithstupid:

fullrearview
04-23-2010, 10:09 AM
I think part of it--at least amongst casual supporters-- is that they still believe the police can protect everyone, everywhere. What does that say about their solution? Mental exercise here, of course I'm not saying the police are responsible for every murder: But if the answer is to get rid of privately owned firearms and put crime prevention entirely in the hands of police-- and in many metro areas they have pretty much done just that-- I fail to see how America's pro-gun control crowd can escape this fundamental flaw in their reasoning. People are still dying from gun violence in places they have for the most part outlawed guns. This is the reality. Thus they are virtually defeating their own argument that banning guns works, and making a tacit proclamation that law enforcement bears the responsibility for crime.

Your right, but they don't use logic and common sense. They go through life on their feelings, and that is what makes them dangerous....Your quote should say it all.

BusBoy
04-23-2010, 10:12 AM
This is so far from the truth. History has show that running causes death more often than not. We are preditors by nature. 90% killing on the battlefield throughout time, has happened after one army retreated(excluding WWI, due to the machine gun and old school tactics). The real killing began in the pursuit. Scientist believe its because of our natural instinct to hunt, chase and kill our prey.

When you fight, you have a fighting chance. You just need to know when to strike!

I concur. The only thing running will get you is... DEAD tired!

ZombieTactics
04-23-2010, 10:52 AM
Like a lot of statist-minded groups, the Brady Campaign does not honestly concern itself with the day-to-day immediate needs of individuals. They are far more convinced with the "big picture" aka: total confiscation of weaponry. They believe that this is a noble goal and will eventually result in gun-free societies with close to zero actual gun violence. It's a fantasy held to with religious zeal.

They will likely always recommend all sorts of things like pepper-spray, travelling in groups and parking in well-lighted areas. While these suggestions are good so far as they go, they avoid the premise of the actual question. The Brady types feel they've answered the question nonetheless.

1BigPea
04-23-2010, 11:00 AM
My theory about the Brady Bunch (and the anti- crowd) is that they are cowards. And because they are too fearful to defend themselves, they therefore expect everyone else to be equally as helpless.

Well said, I'm with you on this one. Plain and simple, they are cowards.

k1dude
04-23-2010, 11:06 AM
If they outlawed all weapons of any kind, and all we had left were sporks, Brady would come after sporks.

radioburning
04-23-2010, 11:23 AM
One might hope that some of the Brady Bunch are put into a position where they will have to do just that, except that would be a low blow. Still, if it happened I would be amused by the irony.

Nothing would happen to them because their body guards would have a gun, and if that didn't work they'd pull out the gun they have on themselves since they have CCW's.:cool2:

POLICESTATE
04-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Nothing would happen to them because their body guards would have a gun, and if that didn't work they'd pull out the gun they have on themselves since they have CCW's.:cool2:

So good cause includes "pissing off lots of law-abiding gun owners puts me in constant danger of attack"

N6ATF
04-23-2010, 12:09 PM
"I am a traitor, so I need to protect myself like all other criminals."

APPROVED.

"I am a law-abiding citizen."

DENIED. Now get on your knees and DIE!

The Director
04-23-2010, 12:12 PM
They are right in a theoretical sense.

No guns=no gun violence.

It's really akin to saying something like:

No water, no deaths from drowning.

I've said time and time again - where it pertains to self defense - as soon as it can be PROVEN beyond a shadow of a doubt that no one else has any guns - I mean no one - I'll give mine up.

In the meantime, I think I'll hang onto them.

KylaGWolf
04-23-2010, 12:14 PM
They think you should call the police and cower. Well from personal experience I know the police don't always respond. And even IF they do and even IF they manage to catch the bad guy the DA's office will either plead out the case OR out and out bungle it.

N6ATF
04-23-2010, 12:21 PM
They are right in a theoretical sense.

No guns=no gun violence.

It's really akin to saying something like:

No water, no deaths from drowning.

I've said time and time again - where it pertains to self defense - as soon as it can be PROVEN beyond a shadow of a doubt that no one else has any guns - I mean no one - I'll give mine up.

In the meantime, I think I'll hang onto them.

If it can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that no one can inflict serious injury upon another, then I'll give mine up. Oh wait, that would mean the extinction of the human race, which is the ultimate consequence of the Brady Campaign.

BigDogatPlay
04-23-2010, 12:27 PM

Assuming you survive the encounter relatively unscathed, they expect you to call the government (the police) to take care of you.

And let's remember just why Nelson T. 'Pete' Shields III founded Handgun Control Inc. (http://www.nytimes.com/1993/01/27/obituaries/nelson-shields-3d-69-gun-control-advocate.html?pagewanted=1)

Mr. Shields had been an executive of E. I. du Pont de Nemours & Company for 26 years when his son, Nelson 4th, was shot and killed in San Francisco in 1975, a victim in a series of racially motivated killings of whites by four blacks that came to be known as the Zebra killings.

He took a leave of absence from Du Pont to help establish an organization to push for stronger gun-control laws. In December 1976 he resigned from Du Pont to become executive director of the National Council to Control Handguns, the predecessor to Handgun Control.

For those not Bay Area centric enough to remember the Zebra killings (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zebra_killings)... Shield's son was shot multiple times in the back, without warning, by a couple of black guys.... solely because Shields was white. It wasn't about robbery, and it wasn't about the heat of passion.

It was about race, period... end of story.

So Pete Shields, in his anger and grief, driven by his East Coast, Yale educated elitist sensibilities, decided that since the there was no way the overtly race hating young black men could possibly be responsible for their own actions in butchering a bunch of defenseless people on the streets of San Francisco.

It had to be the gun they used.

This is the mind set you go up against with the anti's. The better you understand the complete irrationality of their position, and the emotion they have invested, the more completely you will understand our opponents.

Liberty1
04-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Does anyone have any idea what their take on self-defense is?

https://www.calchannel.com/channel/viewvideo/1255

POLICESTATE
04-23-2010, 12:35 PM
https://www.calchannel.com/channel/viewvideo/1255

I could only get through about the first 60 seconds and then :puke:

and :puke:

and more :puke:

these people make me :puke: :puke: :puke:

Rainbow Warrior
04-23-2010, 3:24 PM

You defending yourself against a armed perp does not not fit into the Brady agenda.
You getting shot and killed fits there ant-gun stance much better.;)

maddoggie13
04-23-2010, 3:26 PM
:gene: Call the cops? :gene:

Colt-45
04-23-2010, 3:33 PM
I wish Mr. Brady was never shot.:rolleyes:

Cokebottle
04-23-2010, 3:37 PM
They expect you to curl up in a ball and cry like a little girl.

There have been articles making recommendations that you vomit, pee or crap yourself, claim that you have aids, ask that the attacker use a condom, etc....

RRangel
04-23-2010, 4:00 PM
A friend of mine was an instructor for women of questionable nature, of all of the attacks these women got into the worst were the ones where they tried to fight back with a pistol, 85% of them were disarmed and many were shot by there own guns.

Running is usually the best thing to do in all honesty, most people obviously have never shot at a real person and it's not as easy as people say they think it is.

The time to use a weapon really is defending other people, I'll say in most cases not all.

But Brady has no authority they weren't elected and there policies nationwide are not supported by the majority.

That does not bear out in reality. Peer reviewed research says that women actually benefit more than men. As they are usually smaller in stature than their attackers so firearms are an equalizer. Tell your friend that you don't fight back with a pistol. You shoot bad guys with a pistol.

twotap
04-23-2010, 4:30 PM
The Brady Campaign promotes crime and criminals. They do not want you to have any means to protect yourself and the legislator should look into who is really donating to their cause.

If you outlaw guns
only outlaws will have them
And the Bradys win.......Guess who loses.