PDA

View Full Version : CCW County-by-County restriction matrix/spreadsheet?

Dan M.
04-22-2010, 4:02 PM
Hey, does anybody know if there is a single comprehensive matrix type source that shows the county-by-county CCW restrictions for CA? Seems like it would be a handy resource when contacting our legislators about the CCW inequities in our state, but I've never seen one. I've seen county-by-county CCW issuance numbers on a matrix, but not what I'm thinking of.

It would be something by which we could quickly compare restrictions that each county has or doesn't have.

Librarian
04-22-2010, 9:36 PM
I believe that would require the various issuing agencies to actually have written policies they're willing to share with the public. I don't think that is available in many cases.

blakdawg
04-22-2010, 11:29 PM
There's a nice chart at http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=4170156&postcount=43 that has some of the information you want.

Dan M.
04-23-2010, 7:46 AM
I believe that would require the various issuing agencies to actually have written policies they're willing to share with the public. I don't think that is available in many cases.

Yeah, there will be some blank spots (like the whole Bay Area) that will take a while to fill in, if ever.

Dan M.
04-23-2010, 7:47 AM
There's a nice chart at http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=4170156&postcount=43 that has some of the information you want.

Thanks, blakdawg.

paul0660
04-23-2010, 7:57 AM
Do you mean restrictions to issuance, or restrictions on use of the permit? (Like Sac county's stupid no CCW in a school zone restriction which is printed on the permit).

tango-52
04-23-2010, 8:38 AM
I believe he means local (city or county level) ordinances that would prohibit someone with a CCW from carrying in a certain area that was otherwise not obvious. For example, you have your CCW from Modoc County and are in Orange County on vacation. You are unaware that there is a local ordinance restricting CCW at John Wayne airport. It would be handy to have a list of those local restrictions to keep CCWers out of trouble, and to show the inconsistency in regulations across the state.

IGOTDIRT4U
04-23-2010, 8:45 AM
Hey, does anybody know if there is a single comprehensive matrix type source that shows the county-by-county CCW restrictions for CA? Seems like it would be a handy resource when contacting our legislators about the CCW inequities in our state, but I've never seen one. I've seen county-by-county CCW issuance numbers on a matrix, but not what I'm thinking of.

It would be something by which we could quickly compare restrictions that each county has or doesn't have.

Dan, you may want to cross post over in the CalGuns CCW forum.

Dan M.
04-26-2010, 4:09 PM
I believe he means local (city or county level) ordinances that would prohibit someone with a CCW from carrying in a certain area that was otherwise not obvious. For example, you have your CCW from Modoc County and are in Orange County on vacation. You are unaware that there is a local ordinance restricting CCW at John Wayne airport. It would be handy to have a list of those local restrictions to keep CCWers out of trouble, and to show the inconsistency in regulations across the state.

That's exactly what I meant. Thanks T-52.

Dan M.
04-26-2010, 4:10 PM
Dan, you may want to cross post over in the CalGuns CCW forum.

Good idea! Thanks for the suggestion.

JBird33
04-27-2010, 9:33 AM
My Shasta County permit has no restrictions.