PDA

View Full Version : An American Militia possible in California?-LA article

big red
04-22-2010, 2:55 PM
What the American Militia is and isn't begins with education of kids in what the Founding Fathers defeated and what they did not want any more of. Abuse of due process was very high on the list.

Today, many officials support Militia within the meaning of the second amendment, including those states who invoke the tenth amendment to get out from under the very same thing the Founders experienced. This is significant in impeaching those haters who smear everything Americans stand for. In describing militias as anti-government, they open the door to one thing: education of the electorate, and right about now, Americans are searching for answers.

Let me repeat what I wrote in a previous article: Not all government is against your Independence of public servants. There are too many patriots within the United States Government. This is why Militias are not anti-government. Thirty-seven states who affirm the second amendment and the tenth amendment are pretty good evidence of this. Militias know that our rights are not in the crosshairs of every single official, but in the crosshairs of only some very loud nuts. Other officials will and do look out for your rights to be more independent of them.

One of the very first things they are to be taught – and one of the very first things erased from our history – is that government does not give rights, but every government takes them. Governments do not grant independence from them, but all governments take independence.

One of the main purposes of an existing militia which is independent of the Commander-in-Chief is to demonstrate to both officials and to fellow citizens how little government is really needed for so many things. Disarming the public – as in gun control – begins a slow process of introducing other programs while the electorate sleeps. And slept, we have.

Militia is a place where the electorate does not sleep. It is a safeguard of our freedoms on many levels, and is resentful only to statists.

Militias also serve the purpose of welcoming all races, creeds, colors and national origins better than liberal second-guessing. Militias welcome people who love freedom and who understand that it must be supervised by the people, or it will be endangered. All are welcome if you love your independence.

Militias are armed because, in time of crises, professional (career) assets are stretched far too thin and generally take too long to organize and to deploy. Militia is so embedded within a community and drilled fairly well that it is already present where - and when - it can do the most good.

During Katrina, Louisiana Governor Blanco remarked to the public that the National Guard had shoot to kill orders for looters. How men and women can tell looters from altitude continues to elude the most lucid people, and has not yet been answered. Militia can tell who is not looting, and Militia does not accept such stupid orders. Besides, they already have the authority to protect their community.

Those states who affirm their existing unorganized militias by law and by their tenth amendment petitioning, officials seem to have said that Militias do not need a permission slip fom them to serve their communities.

Let America further remind academia and the carping leftists of this: whether private university, newspaper, or observer, or public officials appointed or elected, servants derive their authority only from the people, and only for the time of public service. The power belongs to the seat of the office and not the person, and it derives from the sovereign people and no one else. In this, servants derive not only their temporary authority from the permanent sovereignty of the people, but they also derive our confidence in their institutions. Once you lose our confidence, you then emphasize and affirm that there is truly no one else.

Think November.
from John Longenecker, LA national examiner

radioman
04-22-2010, 4:04 PM
saying what needed to be said, it would seem to me, that there still is news paper people that that can and do write. as I see it, the sound bite has made a deft populaces out us, we only hear the sound of the talking heads, and it makes the mind numb, the op makes one think and to see where we are going, and I hope where we need to go. free men, but under who's boots?

big red
04-22-2010, 4:15 PM
Unfortunately I can't do it today due to old age and memory loss but in the eighth grade to graduate I had to recite the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independence and not miss a word. And that was just my history class test. Ask an eight grader to do that today in California schools. We need to educate our children because government finds them easier to control the dumber they are. John is right on both counts of education and taking control of our own local communities and refusing outside intervention that can only harm us.

misterjake
04-22-2010, 4:33 PM
Unfortunately I can't do it today due to old age and memory loss but in the eighth grade to graduate I had to recite the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independence and not miss a word. And that was just my history class test. Ask an eight grader to do that today in California schools. We need to educate our children because government finds them easier to control the dumber they are. John is right on both counts of education and taking control of our own local communities and refusing outside intervention that can only harm us.

Ouch, I'm a California public high school teacher. I can tell you right now I'm not trying to dumb down my students, but enlighten them. Please don't mix this generations lack of "motivation" on bad teaching.

Actually, I'm teaching them a great lesson on terrorism tomorrow. I spent 8 hours making the Powerpoint. In my presentation, I have a map of each country I talk about. If they still don't get it, they can look at my world 8ft x 11ft map.

Funny thing is, even when I show them where Afghanistan is. I can ask them 5 minutes later to point it out, only 10% of my class will remember.

Now, if you know of a great dog and pony show to get kids to want to learn, please let me know.

The motivation of today's youth is scary, we're doomed.

I'd thought I'd be in my 60s before I sounded like an old man, I realized this when I was 26.

big red
04-22-2010, 5:14 PM
MisterJake, In today's world your hands are tied in so many ways as a teacher and I realize that. But as parents and teachers we need to encourage kids anyway we can. When my daughters were young I had what they called the great wall of historical rifles. They swore they lived in a museum. Their boy friends would come over and sit in the family room and never see the rifles above their heads until they pointed to them. The guys would ask about the guns and I would describe them and what period they came from and we went right into history from there. Much to my daughters dislike I held a lot of informal history classes. Pretty soon all through their high school years they had friends over who just wanted to learn and actually see and touch history from all over the world. I used those guns to give history a real feeling for them. I was invited to show grade school kids muskets and Indian artifacts and tell kids about how things were done and how hard it was to survive. Just touching historical items made history real for them and excited to know more. A kid was holding a 1938 Russian rifle and I asked him to imagine what it must have been like to have been a Russian soldier his age sitting in a trench knowing the next day the Germans were coming and would most likely over run them and kill them all. That he would never see his girlfriend again, his family, and as he died he would know they would most likely die as well when the Germans found them. That kid joined the army after graduation and shocked my daughter since he was anti-military before. Have faith and find a way like I did.

PS- I never had one parent complain but I did have several come over to view the wall and the lessons started all over again. They wanted that chance to touch history just like their children did and I was glad to give it to them. No child was ever barred by their parents from our home and I never barred one. But I supervised them.

abusalim81
04-22-2010, 5:28 PM
WOW

A right-wing extrimist who is a writer?

OR

A person who understands history!

You be the judge...

doc1buc
04-22-2010, 5:33 PM
WOW

OR

You be the judge...
I vote number two.
So say we all.

REH
04-22-2010, 6:06 PM
WOW

OR

You be the judge...

Now that one is easy.............................understands history:notworthy:

bomb_on_bus
04-22-2010, 7:04 PM
Ouch, I'm a California public high school teacher. I can tell you right now I'm not trying to dumb down my students, but enlighten them. Please don't mix this generations lack of "motivation" on bad teaching.

Actually, I'm teaching them a great lesson on terrorism tomorrow. I spent 8 hours making the Powerpoint. In my presentation, I have a map of each country I talk about. If they still don't get it, they can look at my world 8ft x 11ft map.

Funny thing is, even when I show them where Afghanistan is. I can ask them 5 minutes later to point it out, only 10% of my class will remember.

Now, if you know of a great dog and pony show to get kids to want to learn, please let me know.

The motivation of today's youth is scary, we're doomed.

I'd thought I'd be in my 60s before I sounded like an old man, I realized this when I was 26.

if you could make your classroom lecture into an ipod lecture or a map on call of duty you would have the entire class passing!