PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Speedfeed and Ram Line shotgun stocks

asintado
02-25-2006, 3:07 PM
I'm just curious to what people think about these aftermarket brands of shotgun stock. I've seen a Houge stock on a Mossberg and a Remington before and was impressed w/ the feel. I'm curious as to how the Speedfeed and Ram Line stocks are. Thanks.

Hoss.870
02-25-2006, 5:06 PM
Personally i have a Speedfeed stock on one fo my 870's and i love it. It reduced felt recoil alot.

asintado
02-25-2006, 6:15 PM
Do you have the tactical stock with the pistol grip and catridge holder?

xenophobe
02-25-2006, 10:35 PM
I like the Speedfeed. I've never really cared for most of Ram Line's products...

asintado
02-26-2006, 1:36 AM
Do the speed feed stocks have the same rubber feel as the hogue ones do or are they constructed w/ more polymer? I'm looking for something that has a nice grip to it and will absorb the recoil.

Hoss.870
02-26-2006, 12:05 PM
Do you have the tactical stock with the pistol grip and catridge holder?

I decided not to go with the speed stock with the extra 4 rounds in the stock because the sling i like would get in the way. Its a nice stock just select the one that fits your particular needs.

asintado
02-26-2006, 12:44 PM
Thanks Hoss. I hear good things about speed feed but the shells in the stock doesn't seem to work for me. I'd prefer a sling/shell holder and maybe a tac star shell holder on the gun itself. I'm sure speed feed is an exceptional stock but I've had good experience w/ hogue and I don't want to sacrifice the comfort and quality for that in-stock shell holder.

asintado
02-26-2006, 12:45 PM
Thanks Hoss. I hear good things about speed feed but the shells in the stock doesn't seem to work for me. I'd prefer a sling/shell holder and maybe a tac star shell holder on the gun itself. I'm sure speed feed is an exceptional stock but I've had good experience w/ hogue and I don't want to sacrifice the comfort and quality for that in-stock shell holder.

Hoss.870
02-26-2006, 2:21 PM
Yea i understand where your coming from on that. Im using a Specter 3 point sling and trying retrive those "extra" 4 rounds wouldn't work too well. But the Speedfeed stock is awsome!

Supernam
02-28-2006, 8:55 AM
I'm looking to replace my standard 870 Express's stock with a speedfeed non-pistol grip because I find that the factory stock is a little too long for me and I don't like the cheap hollow feel of it.

asintado
02-28-2006, 11:51 AM
That's what I'm after too. I've had my eye on the Hogue L.O.P. Overmold w/ the 12" stock since I'm not that tall. I can weild the gun better with it.