PDA

View Full Version : Any Stock Makers Out There????

DV8
02-25-2006, 9:03 AM
Can any of you guys do this? Can you PM me a price quote?

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e275/dv830/m96m.jpg

fun2none
02-25-2006, 12:59 PM
I know someone in the SF Bay Area that was working on a M96 stock almost like the one you have pictured. I'll forward this link to the person and see if there is any interest.

Quint
02-25-2006, 3:05 PM
I'd take one.

Was asking about the legality of it in an earlier post, but I think it would fly.
At the very least, it would certainly give it a different look.

shopkeep
02-25-2006, 3:27 PM
I'd take one.

Was asking about the legality of it in an earlier post, but I think it would fly.
At the very least, it would certainly give it a different look.

This type of stock has been in use on M-14 pattern rifles for some time now. It is lawful, the thumb crosses over the "imaginary line" drawn through the bottom of the action. It is not a pistol grip... VERY COOL look btw :D!

On a side note, with the use of a Gas Piston upper on an off-list lower a similar stock could be fabricated for the AR-15 platform.

Quint
02-25-2006, 3:37 PM
Did I say I'd take one.. er, make that two.

On a side note, with the use of a Gas Piston upper on an off-list lower a similar stock could be fabricated for the AR-15 platform.

Here's a little something that KenV shared with me while we were hard at work.

Check out the GSR-35 Black Lightning at http://www.aresdefense.com/product.html

Pricey, but still an option

swift
02-25-2006, 7:02 PM
Can any of you guys do this? Can you PM me a price quote?

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e275/dv830/m96m.jpg

I saw this offered somewhere on the net, but the manufacturer referred to it's "pistol grip." Kinda killed the idea of claiming it did not have a pistol grip...

saki302
02-25-2006, 7:11 PM
It is not a pistol grip according to the DOJ definition- that's what matters- the manufacturer can call it a machine gun stock if they want to :D

-Dave

Quint
02-25-2006, 8:11 PM
Originally this post was in regards to a stock along the lines of a McMillan A2, attached to a Robar M96. A functional and practical AR design would be difficult and a tad clumsy best, but there is always hope.

02-25-2006 08:51 PM
treelogger
I would suggest that the original poster contact Matt at Ironwood Designs, and suggest such a stock to him. He's already thinking about building non-pistol grip AR15 stocks.

Iron Wood's FAQ's state that they are not doing custom work unless is a simple modification of a current design.
Sadly, the M96 isn't nearly as wide spread as the AR.

Worth looking into, but does anyone know of any other custom stock manufacturers?

DV8
02-25-2006, 8:46 PM
You are right, I was interested in knowing how much a stock like that would be for the M96 not an AR. If I remember correctly, it was based of the mcmillan stock like you said. But I didnt see who made this particular one though and was hoping someone who made stocks and was a member here could tell me how much something like this might cost.