PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff's Poll: Sandra Hutchens In Big Lead

Doheny
04-21-2010, 4:46 PM
Well, at least it looks like there will be a run-off.

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/breaking-news/the-first-public-poll-of/

CCWFacts
04-21-2010, 4:53 PM
This is yet another example of how amazingly difficult it is to unseat an incumbent sheriff, even one who was not elected and has a highly motivated opposition group.

The sheriff of Los Angeles is a crook, a Scientologist, and he beats his wife, and no one is even running against him.

I hope it goes to a run-off. I would expect a run-off mid-term vote to have extremely low turnout, which will help the pro-CCW side.

devilinblack
04-21-2010, 6:04 PM
Does 326 people really count as a public poll? That seems like a mighty small sampling to go basing any decisions on.

DVSmith
04-21-2010, 6:49 PM
Does 326 people really count as a public poll? That seems like a mighty small sampling to go basing any decisions on.

Orange County has roughly 1.6 million registered voters. To have a confidence level of 95% and an interval of + or - 5 you need a sample size of 384. Sounds pretty good to me.

BobB35
04-22-2010, 3:17 PM
the poll is essentially meaningless. over half have no opinion, so at this point things could go in any direction..

Dan M.
04-22-2010, 3:24 PM
the poll is essentially meaningless. over half have no opinion, so at this point things could go in any direction..

That's not meaningless though. That's a sizeable chunk that can, as you said yourself, go in any direction. That's good for us. We need to do our best to make it go AWAY from Hutchens. Keep working it. Spread the word.

Glock22Fan
04-22-2010, 3:37 PM

My guess is that more than half said "Who is Hutchens? And who are these other contenders? Never heard of any of them."