View Full Version : Goodbye, open carry

04-21-2010, 2:11 PM
Assemblymember Lori Saldano's bill AB1934, the bill to ban the open carrying of unloaded firearms in California, has passed the "Public Safety Committee" in the assembly. I received this reply from assemblymember Curt Hagman to my letter opposing the bill:

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to AB 1934 (Saldaña). This legislation, which would make it an offense to carry firearms openly in holsters, was presented before the Public Safety Committee on April 20th, 2010.

Unfortunately, this bill passed the committee. The votes were as follows:

- Chair Assemblyman Tom Ammiano – AYE

- Vice-Chair Assemblyman Curt Hagman – NO

- Assemblyman Jim Beall, Jr. – AYE

- Assemblyman Danny Gilmore – NO

- Assemblyman Jerry Hill – AYE

- Assemblyman Anthony Portantino – NOT VOTING

- Assemblywoman Nancy Skinner – AYE

I urge you to contact your State Assembly and Senate Representatives and urge them to OPPOSE AB 1934 if/when it reaches the floor for a vote. You can determine your representatives by going to www.asm.ca.gov and clicking on “Find My District” in the left hand column.

It is outrageous that legislation such as this is even being considered. We need to focus our efforts on strengthening the economy and creating jobs, not punishing and regulating law abiding citizens.

I would like to extend my thank you to all of you that continue to support our Constitutional right to bear arms. I will not give up the fight to protect our basic rights and I hope you will also continue this cause. Thank you.

It is an honor to serve you.

Assemblyman Curt Hagman
District 60

04-21-2010, 2:16 PM
Welcome lurker!

04-21-2010, 2:19 PM
wow, big time!!! I could not do it if i had to

04-21-2010, 2:19 PM
A day late, dollar short and in the wrong thread. =)