PDA

View Full Version : WTS: S&W 686-4

Monster
04-20-2010, 7:09 PM
Hey it is a S&W 686 7 shot with 4 inch barrel, hogue grips, and a galco holster. I also have some reloading accesories for this gun. I would also like to package the deal with a replica pellet gun that is great for practicing when you can't make it to the range. The pellet gun brand new is $250. So for everything I'd like to get $700. I am located in so cal (LA area) and will only do purchases in close vacinity. Thanks for looking!

SORRY THE GUN IS SOLD pending funds

BigBoyPinoy
04-20-2010, 7:15 PM
Very nice, I'd take it but already have one.

CombatMP
04-20-2010, 7:19 PM

thanks for sharing :)

BigBoyPinoy
04-20-2010, 7:31 PM
thanks for sharing :)

Not a problem just giving the guy a bump :p

divermon
04-20-2010, 7:36 PM
PM sent.

vta
04-20-2010, 7:37 PM
got any pics of the other stuff included in the sale? (holster, reloading gear, etc..)

are you interested in selling just the revolver alone? if so how much are you asking?

Monster
04-20-2010, 7:49 PM
I can post the accessories tomorrow when I get home. I really want to sell the pistol with the accessories but would be willing to sell the gun without the pellet gun.....

vta
04-20-2010, 7:51 PM
how much then for just the Smith alone?

Monster
04-20-2010, 9:18 PM
PM sent vta

Fear
04-20-2010, 9:32 PM
ILL TAKE IT!!!!

PM sent with a few questions

kenk4
04-20-2010, 9:36 PM
PM Sent

HokeySon
04-20-2010, 10:08 PM
I will take it (all of it).

Monster
04-21-2010, 8:00 AM
Sorry SOLD pending funds.........

Fear
04-21-2010, 10:19 AM
who ended up getting it?

cuz I take it if the deal falls through

HokeySon
04-21-2010, 12:37 PM
It won't fall through.:D

Fear
04-21-2010, 1:23 PM
It won't fall through.:D

That's pretty cool if you got it and i said I'll take it before you did. And sent him a pm on it at about the same time.

HokeySon
04-21-2010, 1:46 PM
That's pretty cool if you got it and i said I'll take it before you did. And sent him a pm on it at about the same time.

Right, nice edited post.

Almostryan3
04-21-2010, 1:53 PM
Right, nice edited post.

Who are you to say what he edited, maybe he decided to send the PM later because after he thought about it for a bit he had a few questions? No offense to anybody but it should be first come first serve. IF the person is willing to put up fair price. But even if they put up a low price at first they should still be able to get the option to negotiate a bit before the seller moves to the next possible buyer.

HokeySon
04-21-2010, 1:58 PM
Who are you to say what he edited, maybe he decided to send the PM later because after he thought about it for a bit he had a few questions? No offense to anybody but it should be first come first serve. IF the person is willing to put up fair price. But even if they put up a low price at first they should still be able to get the option to negotiate a bit before the seller moves to the next possible buyer.

Who am I to say that? Well, I am the person that posted "I will take it" first (and subsequently closed the deal). Fear's post did not say he would take it when I posted mine ... or I wouldn't have posted I will take it. I would have posted second in line. That is who I am.

Fear
04-21-2010, 2:14 PM
Fact of the matter is I sent him a pm at 9:25 lastnight saying I wanted it. A good 30mins before you knew about it's exsistance. Yes I edited my post because he didn't answer my PM or post, but it doesn't negate the fact That I contacted him about the purchase first, in all rights and fairness this should be my gun.

HokeySon
04-21-2010, 2:22 PM
Fact of the matter is I sent him a pm at 9:25 lastnight saying I wanted it. A good 30mins before you knew about it's exsistance. Yes I edited my post because he didn't answer my PM or post, but it doesn't negate the fact That I contacted him about the purchase first, in all rights and fairness this should be my gun.

Whatever. You are wrong; I saw it right after he posted it, and I mean within a minute or two after he posted it. Anyway, I am sorry if you feel slighted. Next time you should post I'll take it instead of sending a pm.

BigBoyPinoy
04-21-2010, 2:26 PM

Actually I posted first and saw it first so there...:p

Man if you guys really want it I'll sell mine for $1000 :eek: Let me know. First "I'll take it!" gets it. Hurry times running out... IBTL

Fear
04-21-2010, 3:03 PM
Whatever. You are wrong; I saw it right after he posted it, and I mean within a minute or two after he posted it. Anyway, I am sorry if you feel slighted. Next time you should post I'll take it instead of sending a pm.

if you saw it earlier I wish you would have bought it then. I wouldnt feel cheated like I do now. I did what I could to make contact with mister to get a deal going. And him and myself have proof via PM that I was trying to get it before your post. And instead of next time I wish you would do the right thing and step aside so I can rightfully buy the gun that I showed intrest in before you did.

Fear
04-21-2010, 3:06 PM
Actually I posted first and saw it first so there...:p

Man if you guys really want it I'll sell mine for $1000 :eek: Let me know. First "I'll take it!" gets it. Hurry times running out... IBTL

I'd rather buy it new for that much, but if your willing to be serious and offer the same deal as monster we might have something

BigBoyPinoy
04-21-2010, 3:18 PM
I'd rather buy it new for that much, but if your willing to be serious and offer the same deal as monster we might have something

No I was being facetious.

Sorry you didn't get it. Usually the first "I'll take it" posted get's it, but you did state you had some questions, which from what I remember was not edited when I saw it originally. Next time just post it first without editing and just keep PMing the OP then you can delete it if you decide you don't want it or the deal doesn't happen.

Fear
04-21-2010, 3:29 PM
No I was being facetious.

Sorry you didn't get it. Usually the first "I'll take it" posted get's it, but you did state you had some questions, which from what I remember was not edited when I saw it originally. Next time just post it first without editing and just keep PMing the OP then you can delete it if you decide you don't want it or the deal doesn't happen.

Ya I guessed you wernt serious. But you never know really want it so trying to strike a deal somewhere.

And thank you for your input. I don't like putting "I'll take it" when there are still slot of questions to be answered because I feel it gives the seller issues if you find out more about it then back out. I see "I'll take it" as a binding verbal statement that no matter what the condition/round count/ECT.... You are comitted to buy that firearm. Which is why I put PM sent and choose to work out the details privatly

HokeySon
04-21-2010, 4:56 PM
i And instead of next time I wish you would do the right thing and step aside so I can rightfully buy the gun that I showed intrest in before you did.

Sorry, I do not think that is the "right" thing to do. By your own admission, you were not committed to buying it when you sent your pm as you still had questions. I committed to buying it before you did and the seller and I exchanged pm's confirming the deal before you edited your post (BTW: I noticed how you changed your story from "i said I'll take it before you did" to "Yes I edited my post" after I pointed it out.

Look, I committed to buy it, you didn't. You "still [had] slot of questions to be answered." I was comfortable going ahead without any more information. I took that risk. Could have been bad for me, but it wasn't. The deal is done.

I understand you want the gun. But you haven't been cheated.

mariodesmo
04-21-2010, 5:59 PM
....And thank you for your input. I don't like putting "I'll take it" when there are still slot of questions to be answered because I feel it gives the seller issues if you find out more about it then back out. I see "I'll take it" as a binding verbal statement that no matter what the condition/round count/ECT.... You are comitted to buy that firearm. Which is why I put PM sent and choose to work out the details privatly

With all due respect, If you indicate "I'll take it" and later you believe there is an issue with the gun and pass on it, I believe sellers should have no problem offering it to the next person in line.

That happened to me a few weeks ago. I jumped on a nice old school collector gun with an "I'll take it". The seller and I agreed on a meeting day and time. Once I saw it in person, I believed the piece to have been refinished. And I indicated that to the seller. I told him I was very thankful that he came out to meet me, but that I had to pass on it because I believed it is refinished. The seller had no problem, and said he didn't know if it had been refinished. It was pretty obvious to me that it was. On a collector gun a great deal of the value is in the original finish.

Anyway, he understood and thanked me for also driving two hours to meet him. He later emailed me again thanking me for meeting him, and told me the second guy in line was there 1/2 hour later. The second guy bought it right then and there. So, everyone was happy, except me because I'm still looking for an totally original gun...

Anyway, I think if it turns out the gun not being as described, you can reserve the right to refuse even after posting an "I'll take it". But if someone simply changes their mind afterward and jerks people around, that is not acceptable.

Good Luck!

Fear
04-21-2010, 7:34 PM
Sorry, I do not think that is the "right" thing to do. By your own admission, you were not committed to buying it when you sent your pm as you still had questions. I committed to buying it before you did and the seller and I exchanged pm's confirming the deal before you edited your post (BTW: I noticed how you changed your story from "i said I'll take it before you did" to "Yes I edited my post" after I pointed it out.

Look, I committed to buy it, you didn't. You "still [had] slot of questions to be answered." I was comfortable going ahead without any more information. I took that risk. Could have been bad for me, but it wasn't. The deal is done.

I understand you want the gun. But you haven't been cheated.

I never said I didn't change my post. Simply changed it because I forgot that's how some people operate to securing weapons. Sense your reading my posts so carefully you already understand why I didn't use the phrase "ill take it" and I guess that's all there is too it.

I congratulate you on your purchase, forgive me for my bitterness but im sure you understand. These don't come up on the market often, especially for a deal as good as this one, and the fact that it was local adds to the desire/personal value.

Again enjoy your firearm, and have a wonderful rest of the day,
Nick

With all due respect, If you indicate "I'll take it" and later you believe there is an issue with the gun and pass on it, I believe sellers should have no problem offering it to the next person in line.

That happened to me a few weeks ago. I jumped on a nice old school collector gun with an "I'll take it". The seller and I agreed on a meeting day and time. Once I saw it in person, I believed the piece to have been refinished. And I indicated that to the seller. I told him I was very thankful that he came out to meet me, but that I had to pass on it because I believed it is refinished. The seller had no problem, and said he didn't know if it had been refinished. It was pretty obvious to me that it was. On a collector gun a great deal of the value is in the original finish.

Anyway, he understood and thanked me for also driving two hours to meet him. He later emailed me again thanking me for meeting him, and told me the second guy in line was there 1/2 hour later. The second guy bought it right then and there. So, everyone was happy, except me because I'm still looking for an totally original gun...

Anyway, I think if it turns out the gun not being as described, you can reserve the right to refuse even after posting an "I'll take it". But if someone simply changes their mind afterward and jerks people around, that is not acceptable.

Good Luck!
Thanks for the explanation, im just gonna have to learn to say "ill take it" to anything im vaguely interested in purchasing and if negotiations fall through, retract the comment. Simple enough