PDA

View Full Version : Poizner response to the Second Amendment

big red
04-20-2010, 4:06 PM
Dear Supporter,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with Commissioner Steve Poizner and the campaign. We appreciate hearing your views as we work to build a grassroots movement of voters across California.

Commissioner Poizner is a supporter of the Second Amendment and opposes any attempts to chip away at the right that every Californian has to keep and bear arms. Steve believes that the Founders of the Constitution were crystal clear when establishing that people have the right to own guns for both recreational and defensive purposes. The Commissioner strongly opposed the recent signing of the ammunition bill, AB 962. His thoughts regarding the issue can be found at the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCdInwNVtks

As we draw closer to Election Day, Commissioner Poizner looks forward to sharing his conservative plans to reform California with voters all across our state. We hope to earn your support as we discuss the critical issues affecting all Californians.

If you have any further questions or comments, you may contact us by e-mailing info@stevepoizner.com.

Sincerely,
Randall
Steve Poizner for Governor 2010
http://StevePoizner.com

bwiese
04-20-2010, 4:52 PM
Yawn.

The snowballs are melting already.

OleCuss
04-20-2010, 5:09 PM
It's a form letter that really means next to nothing. Note that about the only thing he said that you might not expect from every politician on Earth is that he opposed AB962.

Nothing saying that our current laws are too restrictive. Nothing that says we should be "Shall Issue". Nothing that says the handgun roster should go away. Nothing that says the current application of the waiting period is ridiculous. You get the idea. He said almost nothing worthwhile.

ddestruel
04-20-2010, 5:12 PM
I have yet to see brown officially state he is against AB962. Brown can claim to pro second amendment and dance around the issues and aside from riding on the coat tails of mcdonald i have yet to see Brown take any other stand

bwiese
04-20-2010, 5:33 PM
I have yet to see brown officially state he is against AB962. Brown can claim to pro second amendment and dance around the issues and aside from riding on the coat tails of mcdonald i have yet to see Brown take any other stand

He's not gonna show a lot of leg.

Please trust those that have been digging around.

Appears AG office acknowleded certain illegal portions of the law but legislators ignored it.

BigDogatPlay
04-20-2010, 6:06 PM
Poizner is down as much as 50 points in some polls to Meg Whitman. The Real Clear Politics rolling average (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2010/governor/election_2010_governor_primaries.html) has him down by 40.

Short of photos of Meg in bed with a live girl or a dead boy, there is no way Poizner is going to make that kind of ground up between now and the primary. His candidacy is dead, a lot of staff have reportedly already jumped ship.

In that respect, what he thinks about Amendment Two is not really important. What is important is what Meg Whitman thinks about it. If y'all want to vote for a Republican in November, then you better start getting Meg over to your way of thinking now.

Ford8N
04-20-2010, 7:08 PM
If y'all want to vote for a Republican in November, then you better start getting Meg over to your way of thinking now.

That is not gonna happen.

KylaGWolf
04-20-2010, 7:12 PM
Poizner is down as much as 50 points in some polls to Meg Whitman. The Real Clear Politics rolling average (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2010/governor/election_2010_governor_primaries.html) has him down by 40.

Short of photos of Meg in bed with a live girl or a dead boy, there is no way Poizner is going to make that kind of ground up between now and the primary. His candidacy is dead, a lot of staff have reportedly already jumped ship.

In that respect, what he thinks about Amendment Two is not really important. What is important is what Meg Whitman thinks about it. If y'all want to vote for a Republican in November, then you better start getting Meg over to your way of thinking now.

As for getting Meg on our side won't ever happen. She is so anti 2A she is worse than some of the others we despise that are now in office.

BigDogatPlay
04-20-2010, 7:13 PM
Should have been less subtle with my sarcasm.... :D

And which makes my point...... who are we going to vote for? As much as it pains me, the only viable candidate with an even remotely pro Amendment Two record is JB. So do we vote our position on rights and subject the state to the potential economic disaster of full of Jerry Brown social and enviro-action?

Or do we hold our noses even more tightly, pull the lever for Meg and take our chances?

Hard choice, eh?

Ford8N
04-20-2010, 7:26 PM
I vote my guns....the rest can take care of itself.

Grakken
04-20-2010, 8:04 PM
It doesn't matter who gets in. Every piece of bad gun legislation that hits the governors desk for at least the next 5 years will be signed it appears.

vantec08
04-21-2010, 5:50 AM
More politicians using engineered rhetoric. Yawwwwwwnnnnn. We even had one in here a week or so ago who wanted 100% guarantee that criminals will be prevented from getting guns.

heist1
04-21-2010, 11:25 AM
The second amendment has nothing to do with sporting purposes.. unless of course your a NAZI..that's how there gun were.. hunting and sporting purposes with special permits unless you a gov offical.. sound familiar?

IGOTDIRT4U
04-21-2010, 11:33 AM
Should have been less subtle with my sarcasm.... :D

And which makes my point...... who are we going to vote for? As much as it pains me, the only viable candidate with an even remotely pro Amendment Two record is JB. So do we vote our position on rights and subject the state to the potential economic disaster of full of Jerry Brown social and enviro-action?

Or do we hold our noses even more tightly, pull the lever for Meg and take our chances?

Hard choice, eh?

Well, I have my own thoughts on JB. Much of his radical ideas have been tempered with age and experience, along with a changing world around him. I do fear he will push hard for a totally "green" California, but I also think he has the wisdom to wait on that until the state is in a fiscal and business climate position to move on it without destroying the economy, as it would if someone tried it right now.

Also, I have to believe that the balance of elected state legislators will go heavier on the "R" side this upcoming election. The legislature may not go to a "R" dominant position, but enough may be elected to holf back anything to extreme from getting passed.

In my mind, there is some hope.

BTW, we now have all seen his idea of a permanent communications satellite above CA would have been a good idea, even if it was ahead to it's time, technologywise. NYC would have liked to have this on 9-11.

HondaMasterTech
04-21-2010, 3:01 PM
I predict Meg will win the election.

socalblue
04-21-2010, 3:32 PM
I predict Meg will win the election.

Whitman will use Brown's past record to try & scare the crap out of the voters. There are enough liberals /Dem-only voters in CA to keep it close so it could very well come down to the RKBA/2A voting block.

I'm thinking the Dem national committee isn't too concerned about who is Governor so long as they maintain a majority in the Legislature. They are FAR more concerned about losing House seats + the distinct possibility of Boxer losing her Senate seat (Lose two Senate seats & Obama can't force his crap through Congress the next 2 years). This translates into Brown getting less $$ 7 PAC support than would normally be the case in a CA Governor race.

OleCuss
04-21-2010, 3:54 PM
Whitman will use Brown's past record to try & scare the crap out of the voters. There are enough liberals /Dem-only voters in CA to keep it close so it could very well come down to the RKBA/2A voting block.

I'm thinking the Dem national committee isn't too concerned about who is Governor so long as they maintain a majority in the Legislature. They are FAR more concerned about losing House seats + the distinct possibility of Boxer losing her Senate seat (Lose two Senate seats & Obama can't force his crap through Congress the next 2 years). This translates into Brown getting less $$ 7 PAC support than would normally be the case in a CA Governor race.

Interesting analysis, thank you.

POLICESTATE
04-21-2010, 4:02 PM

I know a guy who could make that happen with photoshop. :43:

bwiese
04-21-2010, 4:21 PM

Bingo!

This will be tight: tradtional Dem registration edge vs. Meg's money/ads.

Half the gunners here seem to intentionally avoid single-issue voting. Meanwhile every other entrenched power group in CA votes single-issue.
Time we wake up.

OleCuss
04-21-2010, 4:31 PM
I'm a very conservative Libertarian guy who at this time fully intends to vote for Brown. For me it still isn't single-issue voting.

I just think it will be Brown and Whitman in the end. And I fail to see any issue on which I think Whitman will be both more conservative and at the same time be effective. I think we're more likely to have higher taxes, worse regulation, and a more intrusive California state government under Whitman than we would under Brown.

In this case the RKBA is just the canary in the mine telling us that Whitman will not be a good friend to conservative causes.

Doheny
04-21-2010, 4:35 PM
Brown vs. Whitman poll. (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2010/governor/ca/california_governor_whitman_vs_brown-1113.html)

You can sure tell where she started pouring the $$ in with TV ads the last couple of months.

wellerjohn
04-21-2010, 4:39 PM
I vote my guns....the rest can take care of itself.

Me too!

Federalist
04-21-2010, 5:09 PM
November is not going to be a happy time if I have to choose between Brown and Whitman. I'm pretty depressed about my options here.

Neither of them seems to believe in the conservative principles of limited government and low taxes that are needed to save our State. So I'm not in favor of either of them.

Whitman has shown her anti-2A colors already, and I'm not happy about that. While Brown recently has shown himself to be relatively pro-2A, I'm not yet convinced that, one elected, he won't bow to the anti-2A pressure of his party and liberal base.

big red
04-21-2010, 6:41 PM
All you get to pick from is the best of the worst this time. the next decade in this state is going to be pretty bad if people do not wake up and start taking responsibility at the voting booth.

darkjedi351
04-21-2010, 7:08 PM
and what is their stance on illegal imigration. Ca used to be the greatest state in the country. now it's a handout state unless you were born here.

big red
04-21-2010, 7:10 PM
I understand southern Oregon is trying to secede so maybe it can join northern california and form a new state? It would be one way to dump sacramento.

otteray
04-21-2010, 8:52 PM
I understand southern Oregon is trying to secede so maybe it can join northern california and form a new state? It would be one way to dump sacramento.

http://www.ieweekly.com/site_images_upload/story/2008/10/22/18/News-Feature_.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------

1941 Newsreel:
http://sisnet.ssku.k12.ca.us/~msusdftp/jones/ian/newsreel.gif