PDA

View Full Version : What are you using for fixing you mags?

fmjkimber
02-24-2006, 12:55 PM
i wanted to use the sporting conversions but i found this on their website today, "NOTE: The DOJ is claiming that simply using this Sporting Conversions kit does not turn the rifle into a fixed magazine rifle and they have claimed over the phone that they will be prosecuting anyone caught with a fixed magazine rifle that is fixed in this manner (this information was shared on 2/21/06). Now the regulations are pretty clear that a fixed magazine requires the use of a tool to remove and this claim by the DOJ has not been substantiated in writing."

is this fact or just another scare tactic?

thanks
nick

grammaton76
02-24-2006, 1:04 PM
i wanted to use the sporting conversions but i found this on their website today

is this fact or just another scare tactic?

When you say "on their website", do you mean the DOJ's website or calguns? Because if it's the DOJ's, I'd love to see a link.

fmjkimber
02-24-2006, 1:16 PM
no it on sportingconversion web site. is this what you are using?

NRAhighpowershooter
02-24-2006, 1:25 PM
pure, utter, BS.. they are using heavy handed scare tactics.... typical DOJ

but to answer the original question.. I'm using the kit 10% sells

fmjkimber
02-24-2006, 1:26 PM
ok thanks

nick

markymark
02-24-2006, 1:33 PM
I briefly looked throught SC's site and didn't see that notice.

http://www.sportingconversions.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=1044

tenpercentfirearms
02-24-2006, 1:41 PM
I think he is refering to my website. http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/sporting_conversions.htm . It says...NOTE: The DOJ is claiming that simply using this Sporting Conversions kit does not turn the rifle into a fixed magazine rifle and they have claimed over the phone that they will be prosecuting anyone caught with a fixed magazine rifle that is fixed in this manner (this information was shared on 2/21/06). Now the regulations are pretty clear that a fixed magazine requires the use of a tool to remove and this claim by the DOJ has not been substantiated in writing.

Despite the widespread popularity of these kits, we must urge you to not use them until you write a certified letter to the DOJ asking for them to clarify how they view their own established regulations. If you continue to use these kits, do so at your own risk.If you read exactly what I wrote, you will see that it is a fact that the DOJ has not issued any new regulations to counter their old regulations that a fixed magazine requires the use of a tool to remove. So it is most likely a scare tactic. However, do you want to be the test case that proves it wasn't a scare tactic? That is the beauty of what the DOJ does, they don't have to do much, but it slows everything down with great efficiency.

ldivinag
02-24-2006, 1:46 PM
i'm using a bunch of #10 nuts and some #10 plastic washers from the hardware store.

i splurged on the stainless steel ones that are slightly darker than the regular ones.

2 for $.68, vs 2 for $.53...

GTKrockeTT
02-24-2006, 2:20 PM
i'm using a bunch of #10 nuts and some #10 plastic washers from the hardware store.

i splurged on the stainless steel ones that are slightly darker than the regular ones.

high roller...:D

slo5oh
03-02-2006, 4:08 PM

Can you post pics? I'm going to try this either tonight or this weekend.

morepoop4u
03-02-2006, 4:16 PM
Can you post pics? I'm going to try this either tonight or this weekend.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=28799&highlight=home+depot+special :D

unixcock
03-02-2006, 6:42 PM
I just blind pin the mag. Its just like the vulcan V15's. It only take about 15 minutes. And there no way in hell you are going to remove it without drilling out the roll pin. Isnt this the safest way to protect yourself. And if they ever get added to the list then just drill out the roll pin. Is anyone else doing this. I made it identical to my Vulcan.

Santa Cruz Armory
03-02-2006, 6:52 PM
Hey UNIXCOCK I'd like to see the way you did that. Can you post pics?

Thanks

ligamentum flavum
03-02-2006, 7:47 PM

Thanks

+1

Thanks. :)

unixcock
03-02-2006, 8:39 PM
Ya, I could do that. It will take me a couple days though. to load the pics up to hunt101.

Thanks