PDA

View Full Version : Candidate for California Governor SUPPORTS the new Arizona carry law.

The Rattler
04-20-2010, 2:10 PM
CALIFORNIA... WAKE UP!!!
For Governor
Poizner... Whitman... Brown...
There is not a RAT'S BEHIND difference between these sponsored by the established political hacks and that of governor "Schwartzinthenoggin" we have in there now. They are all just varying degrees of Progressive rhetoric. DON'T BUY INTO THE LINE OF WHO WILL BE THE LEAST DAMAGING! What's that line... "Well at least this one sucks less than that one..." WE DON"T HAVE TO SETTLE FOR SUCK!

Though the media has purposely kept him out (even Fox's Hannity on his recent trip here), we DO have a CONSERVATIVE, CONSTITUTIONAL CANDIDATE running. LARRY NARITELLI! No, he doesn't have the money to 'BUY' the election. Is that what you really want? What he does have though is a ground swell of 'FELLOW CITIZENS'... .'WE THE PEOPLE' that can get the word out. Naritelli believes in following the Constitution and upholding the true intent of the Second Amendment. Neither Rhino can say the same and Brown is only showing support right now because he wants the 2A to be a state's right rather than federal. Then he(and the leftist state courts) can do as they please.

Larry has stated his support not only for Arizona/Vermont/Alaska carry laws (the founders intent), he also openly states he will work to repeal much of the things passed the last couple of years. The internet ammo ban will soon be here.

Go to his web site, read, decide... and then get to work. Yes, to conquer the Sacramento monster it's going to take all of us to work hard. (Recent polls show him ahead of Poizner. So... if every gun owner found out about him, from you calling your friends and buddies, and they doing the same, then how do you think he will do?)

Otherwise it's going to be a long 4 years.

naritelli2010.com

Ding126
04-20-2010, 2:16 PM
Sounds great, we need someone like that...but I keep thinking about a snowballs chance..........

Ding126
04-20-2010, 2:18 PM
PS...funny how your 1st post is here..hmmm

Glock22Fan
04-20-2010, 2:22 PM
(Recent polls show him ahead of Poizner

Well then, what are we worrying about? Instead of having a snowball in hell's chance, he has two snowballs!

The Rattler
04-20-2010, 2:27 PM
PS...funny how your 1st post is here..hmmm
You are right, it is my first post here. We all have to jump into the water sometimes. I have visited several times though. I am a blogger usually. You can find me at 12151791.com (birthday of the Bill of Rights since you were wondering). Been fighting the battle a long time. Like I said I think if I tell a few, you tell a few and so on and so on, snowballs are possible, especially with the new global cooling!

Ding126
04-20-2010, 2:31 PM
2A rights are very important here in the forum but to be honest, most people are worried about the economy, jobs..their homes and education....As soon as you mention guns..you lost before leaving the gates. ( fact ) I would consider CA to be 75% conservative ( not republican but conservative ) but is controlled by 25% of the other parties. ( LA & SF ) so if we can make those 2 areas fall into the ocean..we would have a better much state. ( One mans opinion )

Glock22Fan
04-20-2010, 2:35 PM
snip

Like I said I think if I tell a few, you tell a few and so on and so on, snowballs are possible, especially with the new global cooling!

And tell me one occasion, for any office in any country, where this has actually worked? Your candidate needs a lot more exposure before being viable.

Correct that, I guess we had a relatively unknown, unexposed and inexperienced guy become President. A victory for mass hysteria.

The Rattler
04-20-2010, 2:39 PM
most people are worried about the economy, jobs..their homes and education....

Naritelli isn't a one topic candidate... unless you consider following the Constitution one topic. He stands for conservative values. The 2A just happens to be pretty high on the list.

The Rattler
04-20-2010, 2:44 PM
Does this mean we should just give up and let the media and those with money dictate who our leaders should be? Long shot? Absolutely. But I don't want my boys one day to wonder if their dad didn't do everything he could to preserve their freedoms and Rights!

k1dude
04-20-2010, 2:49 PM
We all sit around complaining about the way things are and how we need to get rid of the same old special interest driven career politicians. We constantly wish for grassroots change.

So finally we get a candidate that isn't a business-as-usual-insider. He doesn't have the money to buy an election. He isn't a career politician. He stands for EVERYTHING we do. Perfect!

So what do we do? We complain he can't get elected and then waste our vote on the same ol' same 'ol and expect something different. And we wonder why nothing changes.

Do you know why nothing changes? LOOK IN THE DAMN MIRROR! We are the problem! We're getting exactly what we deserve. We keep voting the same old crap into office! Get off your butt and put your vote where your mouth is! Larry Naritelli is EXACTLY what we're looking for.

So stand up for your damn principles for once in your life. If EVERYONE here did the same, perhaps things might FINALLY change for the better. Otherwise, you're a hypocrite to your own beliefs. Things will only change if we vote for someone like Naritelli. If enough people vote for what they think is right he just might actually win.

Vote Naritelli. I am. Because I'm sick and tired of voting for the lesser of two evils instead of my heart and mind. Not this time. I'm voting my conscience for what I know to be right.

Our nation and state are being destroyed before our very eyes as we sit around and watch and complain. No more wasted votes from me!

maddoggie13
04-20-2010, 2:52 PM
Welcome Rattler...you should have larry online with us to answer questions that we may have for him live....just let us know when.

Cali-Shooter
04-20-2010, 2:53 PM
Best candidate for the PRK I've seen in a while. Definitely would vote for him

Ding126
04-20-2010, 2:58 PM
It all sounds good..I like the BBQ and it smells good but how can a small handfull of 2A supporters make the impossible ..possible?
I'm open and all ears.....

k1dude
04-20-2010, 3:03 PM
It all sounds good..I like the BBQ and it smells good but how can a small handfull of 2A supporters make the impossible ..possible?

Tell all your friends and acquaintances about him. If each person here convinced 10 people, Naritelli would get 500,000 extra votes. That's huge. And you can bet each of those 10 people will tell others. That's how grassroots programs and candidates get going. If we really want change, we have to get off our butts and do a little work for once. I for one am going to do something proactive politically for the first time in my life.

Bill Carson
04-20-2010, 3:05 PM
He has my vote

The Rattler
04-20-2010, 3:07 PM
I am sending him an email now.

Post a question. Remember he is running back and forth across the state so let's see what happens.

You can also ask him questions on facebook. I'll look up the link.

For those in Southern California, he will be at Cruising Grand in Escondido April 30th. Cruising Grand is a weekly car show they do in the older part of downtown Escondido. They close the side streets off and bring in different older car clubs. The Open Carry guys have been known to show up by the way.

maddoggie13
04-20-2010, 3:07 PM

BBQ sounds good to me...I'm in. ;)

Super Spy
04-20-2010, 3:08 PM
First I've heard of him, does sound like an interesting candidate though. I know Jerry Brown has a decent shot at getting elected and while he will undoubtedly do stuff I don't like, he is far more likely to support our 2A rights than anyone else I know of that can likely get elected. Why vote for a relative unknown and risk Meg running the state. She thinks our current gun control laws are fantastic and doesn't want to change them. Jerry Brown supported our 2A rights in the ongoing SCOTUS case.

I well aware that there are candidates out there that may better match my views on specific topics, but they have to be able to WIN an election to do ANY good.

maddoggie13
04-20-2010, 3:11 PM

Post a question. Remember he is running back and forth across the state so let's see what happens.

For those in Southern California, he will be at Cruising Grand in Escondido April 30th. Cruising Grand is a weekly car show they do in the older part of downtown Escondido. They close the side streets off and bring in different older car clubs. The Open Carry guys have been known to show up by the way.

I'm part of open carry in North Bay...we like to see Larry in person too...

k1dude
First I've heard of him, does sound like an interesting candidate though. I know Jerry Brown has a decent shot at getting elected and while he will undoubtedly do stuff I don't like, he is far more likely to support our 2A rights than anyone else I know of that can likely get elected. Why vote for a relative unknown and risk Meg running the state. She thinks our current gun control laws are fantastic and doesn't want to change them. Jerry Brown supported our 2A rights in the ongoing SCOTUS case.

I well aware that there are candidates out there that may better match my views on specific topics, but they have to be able to WIN an election to do ANY good.

But, by using your logic, only the wealthy or politically connected will ever win. That's why we're in this never changing political spiral. We get the same old crap election after election. The only way to bust out of the cycle is to vote for a true outsider that holds our interests and beliefs at heart.

Ding126
It all sounds good...so do we vote to prove a point while knowing deep inside he can't possibly win...except in a happy ending movie.
And by voting for him we allow someone like Meg, get into office.

These are not easy decisions.......
Ron Paul come to mind as someone that many liked and what he stood for...........
but didn't even come close

socalblue
04-20-2010, 3:12 PM

The unfortunate thing is unless he has $30m or so in the bank & solid campaign infrastructure there is zero chance of getting more than a handful of votes.

Glock22Fan
04-20-2010, 3:17 PM
But, by using your logic, only the wealthy or politically connected will ever win. That's why we're in this never changing political spiral. We get the same old crap election after election. The only way to bust out of the cycle is to vote for a true outsider that holds our interests and beliefs at heart.

That's how you got President Carter and now, President Obama (because people are trying to bust out of the cycle)

Then you find out that because they are true outsiders, they don't have a clue how to do what they want to do, and the system rolls over them.

Mind you, Meg's a complete outsider to the political system as well. As was Arnie.

BKinzey
04-20-2010, 3:24 PM
Here's a link to his page

http://www.larrynaritelli.vpweb.com/default.html

I won't be voting for him because other than the 2nd there is little we agree on.

The Rattler
04-20-2010, 3:25 PM
That's how you got President Carter and now, President Obama.

They never claimed to be conservative.

Tired of the same old attitude of sticking our heads into the sand.

k1dude
04-20-2010, 3:26 PM
It all sounds good...so do we vote to prove a point while knowing deep inside he can't possibly win...except in a happy ending movie.

Ron Paul come to mind as someone that many liked and what he stood for...........

Who knows? We'll never know if he might win unless we try. And even if he doesn't win, but he makes a big enough splash, it will set him up perfectly to win the next time around.

Usually a no-name that doesn't have widespread support and big money fails the first time around. But, when the next election rolls around everyone is familiar with his name, they will contribute accordingly and legitimately give him a shot.

Like asian cultures, we need to have a long term perspective. Set him up for the future.

Personally, I think if he gets enough grassroots support between now and November (which is a looong time in the political arena), he could win.

And he may have a heck of a lot more support than you think. I had never heard of him until a week ago at the Capitol Tea Party. I made the point of asking everyone there that I talked to who they thought would make the best governor. It shocked me that all but one person told me Larry Naritelli. I was a little embarassed. I felt that I was poorly informed on the candidates. And I like to think of myself as being pretty well informed. So, having never heard of him, I went home and did some research. I was impressed at what I learned.

Today I made up my mind. I'm voting Naritelli.

Glock22Fan
04-20-2010, 3:31 PM

And people had heard of Ron Paul.

I'm not saying that Naritelli is a bad candidate, just that he needs a lot more exposure. And, frankly, without much money, he isn't going to get it just by people whispering his name to friends.

Maybe I'm an old cynic (what's the "maybe" for?) but I've seen it fail over and over and over before, with good candidates who started out with far more exposure.

Unless and until Naritelli can make a good showing in the polls, I'll leave it to you guys to get him that far. I've spent enough wasted effort in the past to not want to waste more.

Good luck with that. Seriously.

Cali-Shooter
04-20-2010, 3:33 PM

Indeed, so the big issue is, vote for Naritelli and risk losing votes on a lost cause for potentially better 2A gain, or, opt for greater stability with potentially slower 2A gain/pro-2A resistance with JB? Right now, that's what the situation looks like to me, seeing as most sources have JB equal or surpassing Meg at the polls

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_gubernatorial_election,_2010#General_el ection
Source - Wikipedia.org (I'm sorry, can't find better source)

There is that god-forsaken aspect of politics, so I guess one must have faith. *repents for use of god-forsaken*

On a separate note:

Declined (From running for California Governor 2010)

* Dianne Feinstein, Senior U.S. Senator from California.[6]

I lol'd. Evil, evil, EVIL, wicked witch of the West, my blood pressure is a little lower from reading that

k1dude
04-20-2010, 3:35 PM
That's how you got President Carter and now, President Obama (because people are trying to bust out of the cycle)

Then you find out that because they are true outsiders, they don't have a clue how to do what they want to do, and the system rolls over them.

Mind you, Meg's a complete outsider to the political system as well. As was Arnie.

That's because the Democrats had dramatic and effective grassroots campaigns that elected huge lefties into power.

We need to take a page from their success and elect a Republican into office.

Carter and Obama have failed as presidents because of their leftist ideology and reforms. By extension, you can't say a Republican would fail as governor. A conservative Republican won't have a leftist agenda. You can't compare the two.

Both Arnie and Meg have a drawback that grassroots supporters despise, lots of money they used to buy an election. Larry has none. He's like you and I.

SAN compnerd
04-20-2010, 3:36 PM
Well I dont think at this point you could say you are wasting a vote since most here dont want to see ANY of the three well known candidates get elected. I hope this guy gets the support of the Tea Party and gets some more exposure.

ponderosa
04-20-2010, 3:46 PM
I think a fundamental issue with the political system we have now is that it takes either a D or an R affiliation to win, and both of those are 1) wealthy and 2) fed by special interest (read corporate or high $ groups). So yeah, you vote for the "lesser of two evils" or you vote for a 3rd party candidate (flushing sound). Not pretty any way you look at it, a real conundrum for sure, I don't know the right answer really. Vote for that 3rd party to "make a point" maybe will someday do the trick, but it is a gamble. Come to think of it, it is a gamble no matter what... dang.

But I know I can't handle Meg being in office... so that leads my vote to the Brown side.

The Rattler
04-20-2010, 4:12 PM
Well I dont think at this point you could say you are wasting a vote since most here dont want to see ANY of the three well known candidates get elected. I hope this guy gets the support of the Tea Party and gets some more exposure.

Naritelli does have the support of many TEA party groups in California. He also has the endorsement of ICaucus. Support for him is not wasted effort. Whining is.

The Rattler
04-20-2010, 4:43 PM
Our nation and state are being destroyed before our very eyes as we sit around and watch and complain. No more wasted votes from me!

Thank you! You sir are a PATRIOT!

MP301
04-20-2010, 4:51 PM
It appears a lot of people have gullible stamped on their heads. Yeah, thats what we need...another candidate who has zero chance of winning splitting the vote even further..thus making sure the worst possible candidate for our needs will be a shoe in...or is it just me?

Nothing personal Rattler...but after Nightengale spammed us like your doing, I dont have the stomach for this **** anymore. Incidently, she has a head start on yah and is even doing a two day training gun class for donations this weekend (or last, I dont remember).

Barkoff
04-20-2010, 4:53 PM
We all sit around complaining about the way things are and how we need to get rid of the same old special interest driven career politicians. We constantly wish for grassroots change.

So finally we get a candidate that isn't a business-as-usual-insider. He doesn't have the money to buy an election. He isn't a career politician. He stands for EVERYTHING we do. Perfect!

So what do we do? We complain he can't get elected and then waste our vote on the same ol' same 'ol and expect something different. And we wonder why nothing changes.

Do you know why nothing changes? LOOK IN THE DAMN MIRROR! We are the problem! We're getting exactly what we deserve. We keep voting the same old crap into office! Get off your butt and put your vote where your mouth is! Larry Naritelli is EXACTLY what we're looking for.

So stand up for your damn principles for once in your life. If EVERYONE here did the same, perhaps things might FINALLY change for the better. Otherwise, you're a hypocrite to your own beliefs. Things will only change if we vote for someone like Naritelli. If enough people vote for what they think is right he just might actually win.

Vote Naritelli. I am. Because I'm sick and tired of voting for the lesser of two evils instead of my heart and mind. Not this time. I'm voting my conscience for what I know to be right.

+100

maddoggie13
04-20-2010, 5:04 PM
My questions are:

Jobs - What is Larry going to do on H1V visa issues? More than 750,000 high paying jobs are going to H1V rather than Americans.

Jobs - What Larry is going to do to stop out sourcing our jobs to other countries? i.e. Bank of American has a phone center with more than 3,000 service jobs in Indian. By the way, BoA calls it offshore jobs not out sourcing...BS to me.

Illegals - How is Larry going to stop the illegals for costing us an arm and leg?

2nd - Would Larry signs an agreement with the voters on modeling right to arms based on the VT model?

If I like Larry's answers, he will have my vote and $$$:79:

The Rattler
04-20-2010, 5:25 PM
It appears a lot of people have gullible stamped on their heads. Yeah, thats what we need...another candidate who has zero chance of winning splitting the vote even further..thus making sure the worst possible candidate for our needs will be a shoe in...or is it just me?

Nothing personal Rattler...but after Nightengale spammed us like your doing, I dont have the stomach for this **** anymore. Incidently, she has a head start on yah and is even doing a two day training gun class for donations this weekend (or last, I dont remember).

I don't have the time or desire to "SPAM" anyone here. This I thought was a forum for ideas. I am not on the payroll of any candidate. The battle for me at hand is personal and it is great. The cost is too high. Sitting by and yelping may make you feel better but does absolutely nothing to push the cause of liberty. Those candidates that are being pushed onto us are not acceptable to me. Apparently they are for some of you. But for some of us we need to realize this is going to be a fight that's going to require a lot of effort and sweat.

I've lived here 48 years. California is my home. And I will do everything in my power to fight for her.

Zhukov
04-20-2010, 5:52 PM
How can a candidate for governor promise any law repealing or changes?

They do not have the single authority to do so. They have to get the legislature to move it's butt and I highly doubt that's going to happen.

You also claim and emphasize "Conservative" - Well, what's your definition of Conservative?

It may not match up with mine and I may not even want someone who is conservative.

Let's hope if this candidate does split the votes, they take it from Whitman or Poizner...

barthel
04-20-2010, 6:23 PM
I personally feel that it isn't going to make a damn bit of difference who ends up being governor, they're going to run head on into the most F#@KED UP senate and legislature that has ever been formed.

Until you clean up those 2 cesspools, the "governor" isn't going to be able to do squat!:confused:

stomper4x4
04-20-2010, 7:25 PM
And people had heard of Ron Paul.

I'm not saying that Naritelli is a bad candidate, just that he needs a lot more exposure. And, frankly, without much money, he isn't going to get it just by people whispering his name to friends.

Maybe I'm an old cynic (what's the "maybe" for?) but I've seen it fail over and over and over before, with good candidates who started out with far more exposure.

Unless and until Naritelli can make a good showing in the polls, I'll leave it to you guys to get him that far. I've spent enough wasted effort in the past to not want to waste more.

Good luck with that. Seriously.

So your point is that voting for the candidate who you feel is the BEST candidate is wasted effort?

Another somewhat old cynic here and maybe I can just make a bit of difference for other old cynics who think like this.

Your claim: I've seen too many no-name candidates, who were great on paper, fail over and over, and now I feel like they are a waste of my time and vote. Does that sum it up?

How about this food for the ole' thought muscle. I've seen over and over, the citizens of this country vote for the lesser of the two evils. We end up with a democrat to counteract the screw up of the republicans in power. We end up with a republican to counteract the screwups of the democrats in power. This happens election after election, while our rights, freedoms, liberties go down and our taxes, deficit, debt, monies owed on future entitlements all go up. Party matters not.

So if you're as jaded as I am, I've realized that I have wasted my vote on these big party jokers for most of my life. I feel that voting for a Ron Paul or, in the case of California governor, Dale Ogden, is LESS of a waste.

Whew ok I'm done. :)

stomper4x4
04-20-2010, 7:28 PM
I think a fundamental issue with the political system we have now is that it takes either a D or an R affiliation to win, and both of those are 1) wealthy and 2) fed by special interest (read corporate or high $ groups). So yeah, you vote for the "lesser of two evils" or you vote for a 3rd party candidate (flushing sound). Not pretty any way you look at it, a real conundrum for sure, I don't know the right answer really. Vote for that 3rd party to "make a point" maybe will someday do the trick, but it is a gamble. Come to think of it, it is a gamble no matter what... dang.

As long as we do NOT make that gamble, we're stuck with what we have. So whoever is pleased with what we have, by all means vote that way. The rest should suck it up and put your vote on who would do the job the way you want to see it done, period. The two party game is just that, a game, and one for suckers.

PEBKAC
04-20-2010, 8:04 PM
If he can get the Republican nomination I would be more than willing to vote for him. After all I know all the parts of his positions that really bother me he can't effectively push if he wanted to so he'd be a good veto for the things that matter, and if he loses, we get Brown who accomplishes roughly the same end if somewhat less absolutely.

However if it comes down to him, a Republican, and Jerry, that is a different story.

HondaMasterTech
04-20-2010, 8:10 PM
A respectable Legislative body is just as important as a respectable Governor.

Old Timer
04-21-2010, 5:44 AM
And tell me one occasion, for any office in any country, where this has actually worked?Only once that I am aware of. Ron Packard was elected to congress in 1983 via a write-in ballot. The only person in US history to be elected to congress on a write-in ballot. He served the CA 43/48 congressional districts for 18 years.

Glock22Fan
04-21-2010, 8:03 AM
Only once that I am aware of. Ron Packard was elected to congress in 1983 via a write-in ballot. The only person in US history to be elected to congress on a write-in ballot. He served the CA 43/48 congressional districts for 18 years.

I think that you prove my point.

And there might be situations when I'd support and vote for a candidate like this.

But not when Brown is relatively friendly and Meg is downright hostile.

Not voting for the lesser evil could be too expensive.

Thinking you can change things with an unknown unmonied candidate just isn't realistic - however much revolutionary fervor shines in your eyes. IMHO, you should save it for when the end result isn't so important.

The Rattler
04-21-2010, 8:39 AM
Even if Brown was 50% in supporting the 2A, does that make up for his other extreme progressive positions? He already served 2 terms as a terrible governor. He is an environmentalist's dream come true as I've already had to deal personally with carbon footprint rules he has enacted over the last couple of years. I wish the term limit law was retroactive but alas. Yes, the end result IS important. That's why these '3' are bad for California. But then again, these 3 may be the best news for Arizona.

bigstick61
04-21-2010, 10:22 AM
I find it amazing that people here are not willing to vote for him because he'll "draw votes away from Brown" (not that Brown is really worth much of anything, politically, when you consider the big picture), and yet the candidates for the general election have NOT been decided. Naritelli is running in the GOP primaries. If you are a registered Republican, would you really vote for Whitman or Poizner instead? If so, WTF is wrong with you? Isn't that what you are railing against? I see no reason why those who are registered Republican or who can still change affiliation at this point in time and are willing to for this election should not vote for or promote Naritelli. That just makes no sense. If he were to somehow pull a win in the primaries, it would be him versus Brown; I'd like to see what the Brown apologists have to say then. Would they still promote Brown over Naritelli?

Untamed1972
04-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Even if the Govenor is Pro-2A, which would be a good thing, for him to sign a bill means it hasta get thru the process and be passed in the houses first. When we cant even get a bill thru the safety committee, how is it ever gonna make it to the govenor's desk?

OlderThanDirt
04-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Naritelli sounds a bit foreign. Any plans on posting his birth certificate online?

Untamed1972
04-21-2010, 11:50 AM
Naritelli sounds a bit foreign. Any plans on posting his birth certificate online?

No more foreign than several million other americans of Italian decent. Might hafta vote for him just because of that!

gunsmith
04-21-2010, 1:04 PM
I think that you prove my point.

And there might be situations when I'd support and vote for a candidate like this.

But not when Brown is relatively friendly and Meg is downright hostile.

Not voting for the lesser evil could be too expensive.

Thinking you can change things with an unknown unmonied candidate just isn't realistic - however much revolutionary fervor shines in your eyes. IMHO, you should save it for when the end result isn't so important.
^^^^^
this!
to important, (for me) I am a one issue voter. 2A!

Glock22Fan
04-21-2010, 1:56 PM
I find it amazing that people here are not willing to vote for him because he'll "draw votes away from Brown" (not that Brown is really worth much of anything, politically, when you consider the big picture), and yet the candidates for the general election have NOT been decided. Naritelli is running in the GOP primaries. If you are a registered Republican, would you really vote for Whitman or Poizner instead? If so, WTF is wrong with you? Isn't that what you are railing against? I see no reason why those who are registered Republican or who can still change affiliation at this point in time and are willing to for this election should not vote for or promote Naritelli. That just makes no sense. If he were to somehow pull a win in the primaries, it would be him versus Brown; I'd like to see what the Brown apologists have to say then. Would they still promote Brown over Naritelli?

I have no problem voting for him (Naritelli) in the primaries, assuming that I don't change my registration so I can help Brown get the democratic nomination (depends what threats to him there are at that time. I certainly wouldn't vote for Meg though I think that of all the R candidates, she'll get most votes in November.

However, if Naritelly does get the R nomination (which I hadn't considered likely), I think all that will do is cement Jerry into the position. I guess I can live with that.

bohoki
04-21-2010, 2:24 PM
i have concerns over this law

#1 there is no requirement to carry an id card,
then arresting someone for not having an id card on their person?

i think the police can ask if they are here illegally and if they say yes then arrest them

if they are driving without a drivers licence and cannot prove their id then they should be arrested

i want something done i just do not want it to affect me

The Rattler
04-21-2010, 4:37 PM
It's amazing the amount of support here for status quo. Is that what you really want? The same ole crap? Yes I understand that if the stars align and we get people who actually take their oath seriously in defending and following the constitution in office... and snowballs finally fill hell... and we do get an Arizona (Constitutional) carry law... which our founders intended, it's going to shake some of you up. Yes I realize that you who make a living off of CCW permits and training will need to do something different. Then it will suck to be you. But now... it really sucks to be me and the million other 'citizens' who's life isn't important enough to protect with a firearm because we have to ask mother may I and then hear "NO YOU CANT!". So yes, I can see why you want to support Brown and status quo. But excuse me if I try not to oblige you. My vote is important. And it won't ever be cast for two rich rinos or a burnt out hippie. Just MHO.

Sgt Raven
04-21-2010, 5:33 PM
Blah, blah blah.. Just MHO.

You come in here and want to rag on us because we're not fawning all over your pick. You need to post something other than just Spaming us. :rolleyes:

GMG
04-21-2010, 5:37 PM
If we vote out some the incombunts in both houses that don't do didlely and vote in a conservitive Gov. that would be great!

Naritelli will get my vote!:43:

He thinks along the same lines as Ronald Reagan, who had name recongnition but was not one of the boys.

The Rattler
04-21-2010, 6:02 PM
You come in here and want to rag on us because we're not fawning all over your pick. You need to post something other than just Spaming us. :rolleyes:

Thought this was a forum of ideas and opinions (general discussion was the heading). If I'm suppose to follow a certain protocol, please let me know. Like I said earlier I am new to this forum. But not to 2A causes. Anything short of Constitutional Carry in my opinion is not acceptable. Sorry Raven.

Sgt Raven
04-21-2010, 6:56 PM
Thought this was a forum of ideas and opinions (general discussion was the heading). If I'm suppose to follow a certain protocol, please let me know. Like I said earlier I am new to this forum. But not to 2A causes. Anything short of Constitutional Carry in my opinion is not acceptable. Sorry Raven.

Well you have 12 posts on our board and they're all in this thread. We've had other people come in here and Spam us about their candidate, even had multiple people claim to be the Candidate them self. If your only purpose for coming here is to promote your candidate, then............ :rolleyes:

The Rattler
04-27-2010, 5:15 PM
Ok Raven I'm Back. I have 1624 more posts to catch up and be as wise as you.

Yes I am here to promote "my" candidate. He is the only one to support Arizona in the battle, war at hand. He is the only candidate to take a stand and say he would support a constitutional carry bill similar to Arizona. The primary is a little over a month away. Is it really a gamble to put your support behind a 'citizen' rather than a career politician like Brown? Yes I know this is not a one subject race. And yes I will grant you that Brown is more pro 2A than the other 2 Rinos. But that aside he is a global warming alarmist and will cater to every union and minority group up and down the cost. He will destroy this state. My aim here was not to ruffle your feathers but to inform others who hold the 2A in the same esteem I do.

wildhawker
04-27-2010, 6:40 PM
Rattler,

How valuable is a governor if the bill he'd sign never makes it to his desk? CA's Guv is the least-powerful executive in the US. Cutting your nose to spite your face just makes you uglier.

The Rattler
04-27-2010, 6:50 PM
But the same holds true for when bills turn up that he would veto... like the mail order ammo ban on the horizon. There are enough state senators and assemblymen up to totally redo Sacramento this election. Yes it is not just the Governor. The stench is great and we now have a chance to clean the house.

wildhawker
04-27-2010, 7:00 PM
No, it's not the same. Further, and while I understand the anti-incumbent sentiment is as great as we've seen in recent history, if you believe that the majority in CA is going to swing right this election then I'll have to ask what substantiates this ambitious prediction.

The Rattler
04-27-2010, 7:22 PM
What I see this time is 10's of thousands of concerned citizens making the effort to make their voices heard. Not just April 15th but many occasions over the last year and a half have citizens who are in fear of tyranny stepped up to protest and demand their country back. No, grass root candidates do not have the money or the media. But they do have hard working people who talk to their neighbors, call family and spread the name of good candidates far and wide. That 10,000 can grow to millions quickly if the conviction is there. Or the fight can just die if people are happy with the way things are. I for one am not happy. JMO

wildhawker
04-27-2010, 7:24 PM
I think you'll find it far more effective to wage battles you can win and then build on them. Going "all in" on a losing hand just makes you poor and unable to anty in for the next round (and politically irrelevant).

What I see this time is 10's of thousands of concerned citizens making the effort to make their voices heard. Not just April 15th but many occasions over the last year and a half have citizens who are in fear of tyranny stepped up to protest and demand their country back. No, grass root candidates do not have the money or the media. But they do have hard working people who talk to their neighbors, call family and spread the name of good candidates far and wide. That 10,000 can grow to millions quickly if the conviction is there. Or the fight can just die if people are happy with the way things are. I for one am not happy. JMO

Bad Voodoo
04-27-2010, 7:30 PM

Welcome to Calguns. :rolleyes:

k1dude
04-27-2010, 7:39 PM
I think you'll find it far more effective to wage battles you can win and then build on them. Going "all in" on a losing hand just makes you poor and unable to anty in for the next round (and politically irrelevant).

Yet that's the reason why we never deviate from the status quo. To break the cycle we need an outsider. We need to vote for someone like Naritelli for governor and then do the same for assembly seats when they come up for election. Until we have the balls to vote conscience instead of the lesser of two evils, don't expect anything different from Sacramento.

I for one will break the cycle this election. From now on I will vote for the candidate that I think will do the best job and best represents my belief system. I will no longer vote for a questionable candidate simply because they have the best chance of winning against the opposition. That's the thinking that has gotten this state into such a mess. If we all voted for who we REALLY think should be in office, perhaps things might finally begin to change.

No more wasted votes from me.

k1dude
04-27-2010, 7:41 PM
Welcome to Calguns. :rolleyes:

LOL! So true.

wildhawker
04-27-2010, 8:02 PM
We don't provide incentives for competent leadership, and the leadership we do have incentivizes ignorance. Voting your conscience only matters if your conscience is elected. This election, all I can do is vote for candidates who I believe will support (or, at least, do no real harm to) the fledgling 2A. The people are far too invested in high-benefit models and will not abide by a gross reduction in entitlements; as such, guns are my issue.

advocatusdiaboli
04-27-2010, 8:06 PM
I am not putting my vote to waste on a guy who has no chance and whose only redeeming quality is 2A--what else will he do? GW Bush was 2A too and look what he and Cheney did to our nation! I don't know who I'll vote for but it won't be this guy unless I hear a whole lot of disclosure on him and right now I got nothing..

erik
04-28-2010, 2:01 PM
Yet that's the reason why we never deviate from the status quo. To break the cycle we need an outsider. We need to vote for someone like Naritelli for governor and then do the same for assembly seats when they come up for election. Until we have the balls to vote conscience instead of the lesser of two evils, don't expect anything different from Sacramento.

We need IRV. To be able to say "This person is my first choice!" and not have to worry that our vote is "wasted", or "thrown away".

advocatusdiaboli
04-28-2010, 8:04 PM
We need IRV. To be able to say "This person is my first choice!" and not have to worry that our vote is "wasted", or "thrown away".

But we don't--the corporations really like the two-party system--only two parties to lobby and control with lobbyists. Imagine if there were 8 and it was difficult to gauge elections because they look so close in the polls. Man, that would cost Congress's corporate masters serious money so of course they don't like it.

Forestgnome
04-29-2010, 4:34 AM
I think I have to vote for him. In the past I've fell prey to the idea that you need to use your vote on someone who may not be your first selection, but has a chance to win. When I look back on those selections, I've been screwed every time. They all lie so much. I think Naritelli believes in what he says, and if he doesn't win, I won't have to experience the pain of watching someone I voted for go back on their word. I'm going to start voting for the BEST candidate regardless of their chances.